• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Just wondering, in as few sentences as possible, What is the Gospel?

Heres a few attempts, there's so much to add, it's hard to write it so short, but I'm looking for the core basics of the gospel.

Jesus the son of God came in the flesh and He gave His life for us on the cross paying the price for our sins, and He rose again. The wages of sin is death and eternal damnation, but through Jesus we have eternal life. He is the way the truth and the life, and by faith in Him we are saved through grace. He is the only way to Heaven, and He wants to have a personal relationship with you.

The world has fallen under Satan through sin, and by sin we were separated by God and deserving of death. God loves us so much that He sent His Son to pay that price so we can be once again be united with Him breaking the authority of satan through His blood. Those who believe in His name are awaiting eternal life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

The Apostle Paul preaches the gospel in 1 Corinthians 15. The shorter version is in Romans 10: 9-10

I wonder why most sinners prayers have "forgive me for my sins" in it? When the above scriptures doesn't have that in it. I realize that once your a Christian you have to repent but not to be saved. :noidea:

Salvation

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Salvation

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

Hallelujah!

The Gospel is Jesus!

Acts 16:31 "Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved."

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

The Apostle Paul preaches the gospel in 1 Corinthians 15. The shorter version is in Romans 10: 9-10

I wonder why most sinners prayers have "forgive me for my sins" in it? When the above scriptures doesn't have that in it. I realize that once your a Christian you have to repent but not to be saved. :noidea:

I think it revolves around presenting the whole counsel of G-d...repentance is intimately connected to faith provided as a gift by the grace of G-d through the unction of the Holy Spirit.

Mark 1:14 Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

Acts 17:30 “Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, 31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”

2 Corin 7:10 For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.

I believe there is an initial repentance when one reaches out to G-d, in that the very act of crying out to Him indicates a change of heart and a willingness to trust Him, whereas before there was a hard unrepentant heart...following this I believe there is also a godly sorrow that looks back at the past and places the whole of ones life and misdeamenours under the blood....sometimes high-lighting specific sins and acts that float to the surface of a born-again conscience.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I think it revolves around presenting the whole counsel of G-d...repentance is intimately connected to faith provided as a gift by the grace of G-d through the unction of the Holy Spirit.

Mark 1:14 Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

Acts 17:30 “Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, 31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”

2 Corin 7:10 For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.

I believe there is an initial repentance when one reaches out to G-d, in that the very act of crying out to Him indicates a change of heart and a willingness to trust Him, whereas before there was a hard unrepentant heart...following this I believe there is also a godly sorrow that looks back at the past and places the whole of ones life and misdeamenours under the blood....sometimes high-lighting specific sins and acts that float to the surface of a born-again conscience.

Amen, Botz! :thumbsup:

Without repentance, there is no change in ones life or turning away from our sins.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus commanded in Mark 16:15

Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Jesus brought the good news first, so I look to Him to see what the gospel is ... His gospel.

Jesus stressed His crucifixion and the necessity of a belief in Him in John 3:14-16

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,

that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten (totally unique) Son,

that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus stressed His resurrection, repentance, and (promise of) remission of sins in Luke 24:46-47

Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,

and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

The points in these 2 passages are are a real good start.

I'd have to run through the 4 gospels to see if I missed something major.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus brought the good news first, so I look to Him to see what the gospel is ... His gospel.

Jesus stressed His crucifixion and the necessity of a belief in Him in John 3:14-16

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,

Jesus stressed His resurrection, repentance, and (promise of) remission of sins in Luke 24:46-47

Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,

and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

There is more than 1 piece of "good news" in the book. In this dispensation, the gospel of Christ is 1 Cor. 15:1-4, but that is not equivalent to "the gospel of the kingdom," which even Judas preached, per Mt. 10 ff, Luke 9:6, which included raising the dead.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

The gospel is the good news that Jesus died for our sins on the cross so that we will have eternal life;yes, you covered it quite well. Welcome to Worthy!