• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/24/1986

I belive they are one in the same: for example God he is known as Yeshua, Yaweh or Elohim are all Hebrew names, reffering to the same person.

Satan is the child of Iblis. He is Jinn, made of fire.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

I belive they are one in the same: for example God he is known as Yeshua, Yaweh or Elohim are all Hebrew names, reffering to the same person.

:blink:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,305
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I would think that Mohammad would agree with you.. Not me, and not most here.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You might benefit by reading my post (it's on this page, with text in bold).

Just because some people are called by multiple names is not a solid argument to say that everyone has multiple names, and therefore Satan is named Lucifer. Enoch (Genesis 5:21-24) is called by only one name. However, Jesus is called the Messiah, the Prince of Peace, Mediator, Advocate, and about 100 other names. Does that mean that Enoch also has multiple names? I don't believe so. Once again, I would encourage you to read my previous post. It explains it really well.

You might benefit by reading my post (it's on this page, with text in bold).

Just because some people are called by multiple names is not a solid argument to say that everyone has multiple names, and therefore Satan is named Lucifer. Enoch (Genesis 5:21-24) is called by only one name. However, Jesus is called the Messiah, the Prince of Peace, Mediator, Advocate, and about 100 other names. Does that mean that Enoch also has multiple names? I don't believe so. Once again, I would encourage you to read my previous post. It explains it really well.

In Isiah, the entity that is called Lucifer or Star of the morning fell from Heaven....... I don't see how an earthly king would fit into that.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

In Isiah, the entity that is called Lucifer or Star of the morning fell from Heaven....... I don't see how an earthly king would fit into that.

Isaiah 14:13, 14 - "For you said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High."

When it says in verse 12 that he had fallen from heaven, it's not talking about Heaven, the home of God. It's talking about the sky, the atmosphere. There are no "stars" in heaven. Also, there are no "clouds" in heaven. When it says "you have fallen from heaven," it means "you have been cast down from your exalted position in which you put yourself."

If Lucifer is Satan, then why does verse 20 say "You will not be joined with them in burial, because you have destroyed your land and slain your people."

Why would Satan be buried? He doesn't have a physical body. How does he possess land? Who are his people? It makes much more sense for Lucifer to be a king. That would explain why verse 4 says "To the king of Babylon, say this," Does it not?

Isaiah 14:13, 14 - "For you said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High."

When it says in verse 12 that he had fallen from heaven, it's not talking about Heaven, the home of God. It's talking about the sky, the atmosphere. There are no "stars" in heaven. Also, there are no "clouds" in heaven. When it says "you have fallen from heaven," it means "you have been cast down from your exalted position in which you put yourself."

If Lucifer is Satan, then why does verse 20 say "You will not be joined with them in burial, because you have destroyed your land and slain your people."

Why would Satan be buried? He doesn't have a physical body. How does he possess land? Who are his people? It makes much more sense for Lucifer to be a king. That would explain why verse 4 says "To the king of Babylon, say this," Does it not?

so you say....... There are not stars in Heaven........ heaven is not above the clouds..... hummmmm, when Jesus left he rose up through the clouds........ wonder where he was going..... and btw, did I say that Satan and Lucifer were the same????

Hummmm, Satan doesn't ever have a physical body.......... have you ever met him....... how could you know that. We're told to be good to strangers that we never know when we might be helping angels..... they do have bodies or we wouldn't be getting them mixed up with humans.... i just don't think I can go along with your thinking on this.

I would think that Mohammad would agree with you.. Not me, and not most here.

Did you see any Satan? Did you experience him?

If no and it is no, on what bases you got your claims and reject the truth?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I've been informed that the word "Lucifer" was the name by some given for Venus as seen in the morning. Then the KJV translators inserted that name (Venus) for helel.

Lucifer, ( Latin: Lightbearer) Greek Phosphorus, or Eosphoros, Lucifer, in classical mythology, the morning star (i.e., the planet Venus at dawn); personified as a male figure bearing a torch, Lucifer had almost no legend, but in poetry he was often herald of the dawn. In Christian times Lucifer came to be regarded as the name of Satan before his fall. It was thus used by John Milton (1608–74) in Paradise Lost, and the idea underlies the proverbial phrase “as proud as Lucifer.”

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/350594/Lucifer

a

I've been informed that the word "Lucifer" was the name by some given for Venus as seen in the morning. Then the KJV translators inserted that name (Venus) for helel.

Lucifer, ( Latin: Lightbearer) Greek Phosphorus, or Eosphoros, Lucifer, in classical mythology, the morning star (i.e., the planet Venus at dawn); personified as a male figure bearing a torch, Lucifer had almost no legend, but in poetry he was often herald of the dawn. In Christian times Lucifer came to be regarded as the name of Satan before his fall. It was thus used by John Milton (1608–74) in Paradise Lost, and the idea underlies the proverbial phrase “as proud as Lucifer.”

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/350594/Lucifer

Thank you for your information.

"Behold! We said to the angels "Bow down to Adam": they bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrongdoers! (50)" [18:50] Quran

Iblis is the father of satan and satans are Jinn.

Iblis means who despair the mercy of The God.

Satan (Shaytan) means who is far from goodness.

Jinn means who is not visible.