• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

There's a literal 1000 year reign -- and it's not the New Jerusalem of the end of revelation. The name of the city is called -- The Lord is there -- last verse in Ezekiel 48.

The New Jerusalem is with New Heavens and a New Earth -- with no more sun, moon, stars etc. No Temple -- everything totally changes after the Great White Throne Judgment.

God bless,

George

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Here is my understanding.

There are three resurrections:

Jesus is the first

The righteous, second, those in this resurrection are blessed (Rev 20:4,6)

The unrighteous, the third (Rev 20:5)

Timing wise, Jesus is resurrected at the beginning of this age (the last days, 1 Pe 1:19-20)

The saints are resurrected at the end of the trib / beginning of the mill (Rev 20:4 / John 5:26-29)

The rest are resurrected at the end of the mill (Rev 20:5)

The mill is in between the two resurrections in John 5:29.

I also understand that people will be born and die in the mill reign (Is 65:20), some of whom are saved. When are these saved dead people going to be resurrected? :noidea:

I have to say I am seeing contradictions in both the pre trib AND the post trib positions at the moment. None of whom have a position that adequately explains birth / death / resurrections to my satisfaction after the end of the trib.

Thanks,

Candice

maybe they are the 144,000?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

So many questions -- yet take one concept at a time before trying to grasp everything at once. Remember Scripture is built LINE UPON LINE, PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT.

The resurrection of the just and the unjust happen at the same time.

John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Now this is a kicker -- EVERY EYE shall see HIM when Jesus returns to earth. Watch this closely.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Jesus tells the High Priest (repeated again in Luke and Mark) this --

Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

So even those that pierced HIM, will be seeing HIM come in the clouds of heaven!

While they see Him return, their final judgment is not given until AFTER the 1000 year reign.

Notice this -- Revelation 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The rest of the dead, are those awaiting the final judgment -- they were awaken to testify and see the glory of the Lord -- and await the final judgment at the end of the 1000 year reign of Jesus.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

As a saint, at the resurrection you will be given INCORRUPTIBLE BODIES and you will reign with HIM for 1000 years on a restored earth.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

So we live with Jesus not only for the 1000 years, but into the New Jerusalem with immortal bodies -- there will be no death for believers any longer.

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

Hi George

I am a bit confused by this post. You first state "The resurrection of the just and the unjust happen at the same time.", then you state "As a saint, at the resurrection you will be given INCORRUPTIBLE BODIES and you will reign with HIM for 1000 years on a restored earth." How can this happen twice? Are you inferring that those who are with Him during the 1000 years and not judged until the GWTJ or are you saying the there is another 1000 years mentioned in scripture that is note the Millennium?

In Revelation 20:4, we read: "And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years."

How does this fit into what you say here "As a saint, at the resurrection you will be given INCORRUPTIBLE BODIES and you will reign with HIM for 1000 years on a restored earth." It seems like verse 4 speaks about only those who died during the tribulation, not all who have died in Christ. Can you expound on your statement a bit more, supplying scripture so I can understand how you came to this conclusion?

Also, by the above statement, it seems you believe that being "caught up" with Him does not happen until the Millennium Reign. Can you clarify when you believe the "rapture" occurs

The waking of the dead to testify of major events is not a first in Scripture. Remember what it says in Matthew.

Matthew 27:52-53 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Where do you suppose their bodies went after they were witnesses of the resurrection?

George

I suppose they went with Christ. It is also possible they returned back to the grace. I have not found any clarification in scripture. Scripture seems to be silent on this issue. What do you suppose?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

There's a literal 1000 year reign -- and it's not the New Jerusalem of the end of revelation. The name of the city is called -- The Lord is there -- last verse in Ezekiel 48.

The New Jerusalem is with New Heavens and a New Earth -- with no more sun, moon, stars etc. No Temple -- everything totally changes after the Great White Throne Judgment.

God bless,

George

The city is the bride. We know that the Bride is the Church. So then the New Jerusalem is the completed Body.

Hebrews 12:22 reads thusly:

Hbr 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels,

It is this selfsame city which descends in Revelation 21, after the New Heavens and New Earth come to pass. That it is described as a bride adorned for her husband tells us that is also God's church. It is from this city that Christ reigns over this present earth, contrary to popular belief. He is held in heaven until the apokatastasis at the Second Coming. The New Jerusalem is not the millennium; but it is the capitol city of the millennium, the location of Christ's throne. Just because we cannot presently see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It exists in the spirit realm, what we think of as 'heaven' or paradise.

Is the millennium literal? Yes. Christ reigned over the Earth through His people. Christianity brought with it the Gospel and the way to approach the living God. Christianity also brought the message of peace between God and men. It was not a time of peace/absence of war. Many wars were fought. Ultimately Christ is victor. Even though Gog is released from his prison, to do battle against the Church, Christ is ultimately still in control. Gog-Satan can never be victorious with Magog. But God has granted the forces of Gog-Satan a little time for their doomed rebellion.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

So many questions -- yet take one concept at a time before trying to grasp everything at once. Remember Scripture is built LINE UPON LINE, PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT.

The resurrection of the just and the unjust happen at the same time.

John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Now this is a kicker -- EVERY EYE shall see HIM when Jesus returns to earth. Watch this closely.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Jesus tells the High Priest (repeated again in Luke and Mark) this --

Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

So even those that pierced HIM, will be seeing HIM come in the clouds of heaven!

While they see Him return, their final judgment is not given until AFTER the 1000 year reign.

Notice this -- Revelation 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The rest of the dead, are those awaiting the final judgment -- they were awaken to testify and see the glory of the Lord -- and await the final judgment at the end of the 1000 year reign of Jesus.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

As a saint, at the resurrection you will be given INCORRUPTIBLE BODIES and you will reign with HIM for 1000 years on a restored earth.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

So we live with Jesus not only for the 1000 years, but into the New Jerusalem with immortal bodies -- there will be no death for believers any longer.

George

Hi George

I am a bit confused by this post. You first state "The resurrection of the just and the unjust happen at the same time.", then you state "As a saint, at the resurrection you will be given INCORRUPTIBLE BODIES and you will reign with HIM for 1000 years on a restored earth." How can this happen twice? Are you inferring that those who are with Him during the 1000 years and not judged until the GWTJ or are you saying the there is another 1000 years mentioned in scripture that is note the Millennium?

In Revelation 20:4, we read: "And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years."

How does this fit into what you say here "As a saint, at the resurrection you will be given INCORRUPTIBLE BODIES and you will reign with HIM for 1000 years on a restored earth." It seems like verse 4 speaks about only those who died during the tribulation, not all who have died in Christ. Can you expound on your statement a bit more, supplying scripture so I can understand how you came to this conclusion?

Also, by the above statement, it seems you believe that being "caught up" with Him does not happen until the Millennium Reign. Can you clarify when you believe the "rapture" occurs

Sorry George, I'm also confused. How many resurrections are you claiming for the righteous, and when? I only see one in scripture, at the same time as the second coming. But the just and unjust are resurrected at the same time, as you suggested. Are you suggesting the unjust live through the Mill while awaiting their judgment at the end of the mill?

Ta

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

The waking of the dead to testify of major events is not a first in Scripture. Remember what it says in Matthew.

Matthew 27:52-53 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Where do you suppose their bodies went after they were witnesses of the resurrection?

George

I don't think we are told, George. All we have to illuminate the path is Heb 9:27. We aren't told that they are glorified incorruptible bodies... so without that I presume they went back to their graves to await their own resurrection into incorruptible at the end of the trib. But I acknowledge we aren't told and I am merely presuming.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Here is my understanding.

There are three resurrections:

Jesus is the first

The righteous, second, those in this resurrection are blessed (Rev 20:4,6)

The unrighteous, the third (Rev 20:5)

Timing wise, Jesus is resurrected at the beginning of this age (the last days, 1 Pe 1:19-20)

The saints are resurrected at the end of the trib / beginning of the mill (Rev 20:4 / John 5:26-29)

The rest are resurrected at the end of the mill (Rev 20:5)

The mill is in between the two resurrections in John 5:29.

I also understand that people will be born and die in the mill reign (Is 65:20), some of whom are saved. When are these saved dead people going to be resurrected? :noidea:

I have to say I am seeing contradictions in both the pre trib AND the post trib positions at the moment. None of whom have a position that adequately explains birth / death / resurrections to my satisfaction after the end of the trib.

Thanks,

Candice

When I read Revelation chapter 20 I don't see the all the saints being resurrected just prior to the mil reign. I only see where it talks about the martyred saints during the great trib being resurrected just prior to the mil reign.

Rev 20:4-6 NKJV

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

ESV same verses

4Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

What catches my eye is that only the martyred saints during the trib are mentioned as being resurrected here not all saints and John saw people already on thrones with the authority to judge who were not the martyred saints. Who are the people on the thrones? Why would only the martyred saints be resurrected and the other saints left to wait until the mil reign is over?

My opinion is that the saints who will be raptured and resurrected when Jesus calls us to meet him in the air are the people on the thrones seen here in Rev 20. The martyred saints are those who will come to follow Jesus after the rapture takes place. During the mil reign I don't know if life spans will be increase but I'm fairly certain people will die and some will die without following Jesus and some will follow. At the great white throne judgement all the dead will be judged and some might be found in the book of life from during the mil reign.

What throws me for a loop and probably will until I get to ask Jesus face to face about it is the part about "This is the first resurrection". Because its not the first Jesus was the first and pre trib or post trib there still are the two witnesses that are resurrected prior to this resurrection. It must mean something but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

George

I don't think we are told, George. All we have to illuminate the path is Heb 9:27. We aren't told that they are glorified incorruptible bodies... so without that I presume they went back to their graves to await their own resurrection into incorruptible at the end of the trib. But I acknowledge we aren't told and I am merely presuming.

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 may answer the question: "So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord." (NKJV)

And then there is this: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 "But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words." (NKJV)

George

I would think that if they came out of the grave without having a change of body, they would be rather sickening and scarey to look upon, like the night of the living dead. :whistling: If they walked among the living, they had to be changed, so the more I consider it, the more I lean toward these who rose going to be with Christ after.