• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

ok, here it is:

They believe:

*They are waiting for a messiah, he is the Mahdi, he will cause the whole world to convert to Islaam or be killed.

*He will appear just before the end of the world in a time of great tribulation.

*He will seize Turkey through force. (what about the fact that Turkey is the only Islaamic nation standing with Bush?)

*After uniting all of Islaam he will take over the entire world in the name of Islaam.

*There will be great prosperity including gold and silver for his followers.

*After this is accomplished the Mahdi will rule for five, seven or nine years, depending on which tradition is followed.

*The end of the world will come followed by the judgement of Allah.

Let's compare teachings

--Muslim-Mahdi will unite the Muslim world

--Christian-antichrist will unite 10 kingdoms(Rev. 17:12)

--Muslim-Gold and silver

--Christian-antichrist will honor his god with gold and silver Dan.11:38

--Muslim- will rule 5,7 or 9 years

--Christian-antichrist will rule for 7 years Dan. 9:27

--Muslim-Mahdi will come from the east

--Christian-antichrist will be great toward the east Dan. 8:9

Perry Stone interviewed a Muslim man asking him how he would describe the end of the world, his reply should chill you to the bone. He said:

Quote"In the last days there will be earthquakes, famines and strange signs from Allah. There will come several prophets claiming to be prophets in the name of Allah, but they will be false, we are warned not to follow them. They will work in line with the antichrist. Then our Mahdi will rise to power. He will come according to tradition, riding on a white horse. Jesus will appear and follow the Mahdi. We believe the Mahdi will come to Jerusalem and liberate it from the Jews and Christians. He will convert people to Islaam when Jesus tells everyone that he lied, that He is not the Son of God, because God cannot have a Son. Jesus will perform miracles to prove He is Jesus. He will point people to the Mahdi, and will kill the Jews and tell the Christians to forsake the idea of the Trinity and forsake the Cross. Islaamic justice will rule the earth. Those who rebel against the Mahdi will be punished, and some say with a sword." end quote

Well there we have the antichrist riding on the white horse with a bow and no arrow, a crown of a conqueror--Rev. 6:2

The two witnesses of Rev. 11

The false prophet performing miracles,

Muslims denying the Son

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

I suspect that most of the information posted above came from a Christian website or other source interpreting Islam through a Christian lens. That would explain the confusion about the idea of "mahdi."

First of all, it's worth pointing out that the mahdi figure, someone guided completely by God's will, is mentioned neither in the Koran nor in any of the hadiths. It likely developed in the second or third century of Islam's existence (probably as a response to Muslims being oppressed) and the term itself wasn't coined until 686, in a cleric's praise of a prophet-like figure.

The definition of mahdi itself varies dramatically between the Sunni and Shi'i sects, the two "branches" of Islam that teach it. Sunni Muslims use it mostly as an honorific term, and sometimes to refer to converts to Islam since they have "seen the truth." It is also used sometimes to refer to several of the caliphs (one being Jesus, I believe), though abbasid caliph Nasir was defined as the last mahdi and it is believed by Sunnis that no others should be expected. We see that Sunni Muslims see mahdis simply as great leaders and wise men.

The Shi'i view of the mahdi seems to have more bearing with the article above, although only several sects within this sect seem to take the idea that seriously. Basically, the mahdi would have more elevated status, a figure to unite all true Muslims. Many theologians comment upon the similarity between this figure and the Messiah figure, and it can certainly be inferred that the idea of the mahdi was definitively influenced by the "doomsday" and savior ideas of Judaism and Christianity.

But remember: the mahdi is NOT part of all Islam. It's an idea, a tradition that has developed among some branches of the religion, but it's far from being an established truth, except among some extreme Shi'i branches.

Peace!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

All of which is, to a christian, a worthless piece of useless information. Your time would be better spent researching the Holy bible instead of the heathen koran. IMO.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Muslims believe that Jesus was one of the sequence of prophets before Mohammad (wasn't he the last one before Mohammad?). Anyway, Mohammad was the last prophet according to Islam, the sort of "seal" on religion. So they do respect Jesus's teachings, though not his divinity. Just an FYI.

Actually they dont respect His teachings. The quran teaches that Jesus said vastly different things than the bible does. Ive also had conversations where they have tried to convince me that the Holy Spirit Jesus promises to send in John is actually their "prophet". They contradict the teachings of Jesus in their own words. That is not respecting Jesus or His teachings.

(For the record, Ive read the quran, and haddith. I have muslim relatives.)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Isnt there somewhere in scripture where Jesus said that another would come in his own name and him you will accept?

Could there possably be "another Jesus" show up and fool people into accepting that he is the Jesus of 2000 years ago. Maybe Jesus was speaking of this other as the one the muslims say will return and anounce that Islam is the true religon.

Just wondering. Whats yalls thoughts?

John 5:41-45

41 "I do not receive glory from men; 42 but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. 43 "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another shall come in his own name, you will receive him. 44 "How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another, and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God? 4

NASB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Bottom Line -

The followers of one, polygamist warrior-general Muhammad of Yathrib, teach a MUCH DIFFERENT Lord Jesus Christ (only a Prophet, not Almighty God as in John 1:1,14).......a MUCH DIFFERENT Holy Book (it supercedes the Holy Bible, even tho the Lord tells us that His Holy Word, the Bible, is established FOREVER without even a jot or tittle being altered.......and a whole series of WORKS (including the five Islamic principles - not to mention the despicable "holy jihad" re the murdering of "infidels" and "renegades"! - none of which gives one a home in heaven since Jesus Christ is the ONLY Way (John 14:6; Acts 4:12). Hmmm.

Muhammad's Islam has as much in common with New Testament Christianity as Hellyweird (Hollywood to you) has to The Ten Commandments in Exodus 20.

Jesus warned, "many false teachers shall arise and shall deceive many"

BURY KERRY: Keep America Strong!

Four More years For President George W. Bush!

GOD BLESS THE USA!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Guest Coral Snake

This is one of the reasons I think the Antichrist will be a Muslem. Amongst the others are.

1. Only a muslem at a prophetic level can make a peace treaty with the Jews involving the destruction of the Dome of the Rock and its replacement with a new Jewish temple without this event leading to war rather than peace.

2. The importance of the right hand and forehead in Muslem prayer and belief:

Revelation 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond to receive a mark in their right hand or in their forheads:

Revelation 13:17

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

3. Muslem execution is by beheading.

Revelation 20:4

And I saw thrones, and they that sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Edited by Coral Snake

Guest shiloh357
This is one of the reasons I think the Antichrist will be a Muslem. Amongst the others are.

1. Only a muslem at a prophetic level can make a peace treaty with the Jews involving the destruction of the Dome of the Rock and its replacement with a new Jewish temple without this event leading to war rather than peace.

Revelation 13:16

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond to receive a mark in their right hand or in their forheads:

Revelation 13:17

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

3. Muslem execution is by beheading.

Revelation 20:4

And I saw thrones, and they that sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Very intersesting.... I have never read those passages in that light before.

Could you expound on this part a bit more?

That really peaked my interest.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Yes and mine too, because it's different, to me anyway.

cheers.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

I find it fascinating that the Bible is the only source that says Jesus is the Son of God and that he rose from the dead. All other extra-biblical sources (of which there are several) acknowledge that a man named Jesus lived but either deny that he was the Messiah or simply don