• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Christianity has no such view of being over the sovereignty of the United States or any other government. To the contrary, the NT teaches that we are to submit to the government and to be model citizens and do what is reasonably and rightfully expected of us. We reserve the right to refuse to do those things force us to violate our conscience like denying our faith or sacrificing our children or any other order that would bea violation of our faith.

How is this different than what Muslims do? The laws are fine and you should obey them unless they conflict with Islam, that's what I've been told by countless Muslims.

We seek that the whole world would come to faith in Jesus. Islam's goal is world domination and the enforcement of Sharia law to the exclusion of any other ideology upon penalty of death.

We do not seek to force conversion. In every country where Islam has gained ascendency, conversion to Islam is mandatory. So your pitiful attempt at a comparison is simply ridiculous.

And in Christianity you can either submit now and enjoy the blissfulness of Heaven, or reject it under penalty of Hell. While it may not be as flashy as a beheading, although countless Christians forced conversion on pain of death during the Crusades, the conceptual threat of eternal torture after one dies is much worse than the conceptual threat of death once here on Earth. In that respect Christianity is far worse than Islam, albeit Islam has its own version of Hell (although it doesn't posit eternal torment as Christianity does).

Sharia law is quite simply 'God's law(s)'. For a Muslim to try to implement sharia law into the US is no different, constitutionally of the establishment clause, than a Christian trying to get a law passed banning gay marriage. It is no different than trying to get creationism into the classroom (which I know you support), or any other host of Christian values/ideas/teachings trying to get presented as law or supported by the government.

As far as forced conversion goes, neither Christianity or Islam itself condones forced conversion, but both have used forced conversion in the past and present. The comparison isn't so ridiculous as you seem to make it out to be.

The Bill of Rights is protects the rights of American citizens to live as Americans in this country. There is no justification for your assertion that the Bill of Rights protects those who seek its destruction. Sharia law has no voice in the US. It is the product of a foreign government and we cannot have two competing governments on American soil. Sharia law is not an impotent religious law. It is the law of a government and it is a government that has no constitutiional right to be here.

True democracy cannot flourish when ideas are prohibited to have a voice. Just because it has a voice doesn't mean that it will get any legal power, only that said idea can be heard, understood, analyzed, and evaluated to see if it has anything to contribute to our society. I am not saying that we should adopt Sharia law, only that Sharia law as an idea should not be prohibited from discussion, as I think any prohibition is at odds with the democratic process.

The remedy is to remove sharia law from American society and to provide the kind of real education that is needed.

Taboo and ignorance is no way to fight back, it is a loosing strategy. Whether Sharia law is valuable or worse than useless, it has become an important/major element in world wide politics, and as such we should educate ourselves in it so we can formulate educated opinions about it.

Islam is not good for this country and neither are liberal wimps and and traitors who defend it.

What is better to remove Islam from the United States and halt all future Muslim immigration to the United States.

Someone's getting their blood pressure going. :rolleyes:

You do realize that your above statement is unconstitutional, right? You legally cannot halt a person's immigration solely based on their religion, race, ethnicity, and so on. The Constitution was not erected just so your rights are protected, but everyone's, even those you vehemently disagree with, lest we digress into special pleading and hypocrisy.

I am not really defending Islam, rather I'm defending their right to be here and do as they will provided they don't break the law or harm anyone. Cain's idea of letting local communities decide whether or not mosques can be built is highly unconstitutional - it is a breach of the first amendment.

Why is it so hard to let the Islamic community be, and if/when they ever break US law have the police force do its job?

Because Islam is not here to simply exist as equals with us. They want to implement sharia into our legal system as one more step of Islamicizing the US.

Do you have any examples of Muslims trying to do this beyond some fanatic off on the deep end?

How is this different than Christians trying to get Christian values/laws into our legal system?

http://nation.foxnews.com/justice/2011/03/24/florida-judge-defends-imposing-sharia-law

President Obama has three people who are Muslim Brotherhood in his administration advising him.

because he most likely was raised muslim and lied about be a christian to get his job, I have not seen one thing he has done for christian belief ont other habd he has promoted

muslim at every turn

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

President Obama has three people who are Muslim Brotherhood in his administration advising him.

because he most likely was raised muslim and lied about be a christian to get his job, I have not seen one thing he has done for christian belief ont other habd he has promoted

muslim at every turn

Tell that to the families of Muslim children killed by drones.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

muslim at every turn

and the families of the people dead and crippled from 9/11.

muslim at every turn

I thought that happened under Bush's watch? Not Obama's.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

D9, about three or four years ago I read an article in the newspaper wherein a Muslim woman in California said their goal is to get into our government and change our laws to suit them and their law. This is not hearsay, it is what I read. If I could find that article again I would be glad to post it here.

joi,

From what I understand, we are trying to make this a Christian nation.  It comes down to a race of whose theocracy gets there first.

D9, about three or four years ago I read an article in the newspaper wherein a Muslim woman in California said their goal is to get into our government and change our laws to suit them and their law. This is not hearsay, it is what I read. If I could find that article again I would be glad to post it here.

joi,

From what I understand, we are trying to make this a Christian nation.  It comes down to a race of whose theocracy gets there first.

Maybe we should focus on getting sinners into salvation and building the church?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

muslim at every turn

I thought that happened under Bush's watch? Not Obama's.

so??