When You Are Already Christian And You Lie

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So, this may seem incredibly trivial, but here goes....

So I was at Disneyland (I have an Annual Pass), and my friend and I were sitting in a public area, but an hour after the park officially "closed" no one found us and kicked us out. So we walked out. But then we came up against secrurity. Intially, I planned on telling them, "Hey, dudes, epic fail. We were in plain sight and none of your guys didn't notice us"... but then my friend was like, "NO! Don't give up our hiding spot!!"

So when we got to the line of security guys, they stopped us (Um... WHY? We are leaving, arn't we???), asked where we came from. I told them from Frontierland. They asked why we were still in the park an hour after "closing" (despite the fact that there were lots of people still in the shops), were we cast members or what?

Then out of my mouth pops this stupid lie. I'm not sure why I even spit it out. I told them yes, we were cast members and just ogt off work (which I figured, for some stupid reason I'd be able to pull off because I DID work there about 3 years ago, and figured they'd tell us to just go on our way). But then the security guy asked for our cast memeber IDs, which of course we didn't have. And then wanted to know why I lied and what the real story was.

So I fessed up and told them what really happened, and encouraged them to look at security cameras, because they were worried we had been backstage (which, overall, was the big issue), and I wanted to prove that we really hadn't been. Ofcourse the security gaurd for the area covered his own butt and said he check the area and never saw us. I explained that he had not seen us proabably because it is a platform area behind a bunch of heavy shrubbery.

But over all, of course, it went on our records as AP holders that we had lied to security, and it will pop up if we ever have a run in with security again.

Now, I know this seems like a silly thing, and thankfully, it was just a slap on the wrist, and we still have our passes.... but I feel HORRIBLE about lying. I have asked God to forgive me, and I know he does... but I just can't forgive myself. Now I've gone and ruined all the integrity I had built up for myself recently, AND I'm a bad Christian... not to mention now I'll be walking around Disneyland everywhere I go feeling like I've got a giant sign that says "Broke the Rules".

Any suggestions of helping me feel better about myself and being a Christian. Sure, lesson learned, rubber burned so to speak... but I don't feel that "peace" people say your supposed to feel when you know God forgives you for something after confessing it in prayer...?

Edited by BakaPetal

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

I carried a lot of guilt around with me for some years for a sin I committed a long time ago. When I went on pilgrimage to the Holy Land, on the morning of the day we visited Bethlehem, I felt very powerfully moved to ask my parish vicar, who was leading our parish group on the trip (there was another, larger group led by another priest with us) to sit down with me and hear my confession. We found a space at the back of the Roman Catholic part of the Basilica of the Nativity and I confessed what I'd done all those years ago. The vicar went through the absolution ritual (no, I don't need to hear any more about how ritual is a barrier to God, etc etc from you lot) and told me to read the section of Luke's Gospel that covers Christ's birth, instead of the Catholic tradition of giving a penitence, since I'm not Catholic.

I found this very helpful and I was able to let go of a lot of the guilt for what I'd done. I know God forgives me my sin without the vicar putting his hands on my head, but the act of confessing it aloud to another Christian was very therapeutic for me. I would suggest you do the same. If you're of a denomination that doesn't have ordained clergy or anything similar just a brother or sister Christian would be equally useful. Confession helped me, anyway. I hope you're able to relieve your guilt over this incident.

Thank you. :)

Confession helped me, anyway.

Hallelujah~!

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

Amen~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Not necessary to lie, even if it can get you into trouble.

Blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

BakaPetal

I have not told the truth at all times either, partly to protect others and partly to protect my own {****}. Yet, for most part I do and I have found that telling the truth is for the most part the best way to handle things. However, some times it is best not to expound on things, and just let our answers be a aimple "yes" or "no", for anything else may come from the evil one.

Mat_5:37 NIV Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

I also Know, that Jesus Died on the cross for my sins, all of them not just the ones I did up to the point of being saved. Which does not meant I have freerange to sin and expect the Lord Jesus to forgive me. However, when I slip and do sin, I know the Jesus is just, and will forgive me for those sins, for He does know my Heart. The good book tells us:

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

It seems to me that you have confessed your sin, and you sound like you have a repentant heart, so I have Faith in Chirst that He has already forgiven you, just like He does for others.

In Christain Love; Dennis

Edited by OldShep

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Petal -

You need not worry about God's forgiveness. The price was too high for our redemption for Him to hold this against you. Additionally, He knows our weaknesses and frailty and has much, much grace. He wants to forgive you!

The trouble is your inability to forgive yourself. You let yourself down.

Instead of berating yourself for failing, search your heart and ask Holy Spirit to search your heart for why you lied. Was it because of what your friend said? If so, was your lie about pleasing her? If so, why was the urge to please her stronger than your desire to be truthful? [it may be something else, I'm simply offering suggestions for how to search the truth of your heart.]

When the cause is pinpointed (often when I pinpoint the cause I feel a sense of relief - that's it!), take this before the Lord. Thank the Lord for the revelation, confess your weakness, and ask for His help in overcoming this.

We all continue to fail at one time or another, for we are all still working towards the Lord's perfection. It is very freeing when you are able to turn failures into growth.

Prayers and blessings!

Thank you all! :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Forgive yourself and move on....

Now here is something you may not realize.

Every single person on Worthy has lied or will lie, after they were saved. It is human nature, and I would challenge anyone of us to look deep within our hearts and deny that we have lied.

It is in our sinful nature and we just can't help ourselves. white lie, or worse, we lie.

Just thank Jesus for His Grace!

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Forgive yourself and move on....

Now here is something you may not realize.

Every single person on Worthy has lied or will lie, after they were saved. It is human nature, and I would challenge anyone of us to look deep within our hearts and deny that we have lied.

It is in our sinful nature and we just can't help ourselves. white lie, or worse, we lie.

Just thank Jesus for His Grace!

:amen: