Jayyycuuup

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Who is B.Walker? You quoted this person on another thread about homophobia. There is nothing on the internet that I can find. Is this one a pastor?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Moved not a spiritual warfare issue.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

This whole post is absolutely degrading and insulting. As Nebula stated it is basically pointing man's failure on women. God said Adam"s sin brought on the fall not Eve's. Not that she didnt have a part in it and suffered the curse also. But all the examples given, the author laid all blame at the women's feet, what about the men's roll. Where was their roll as the spiritual head? Oh yes I believe the quote was "we're only human". So all major failings are some womans failure. but the man's can be excused because "boys will be boys". Absolute rubbish God hold's us ALL to a higher standard, the WORD of GOD

Blessings stacey c

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

Who is B.Walker? You quoted this person on another thread about homophobia. There is nothing on the internet that I can find. Is this one a pastor?

The first post of this page is a copy from this web page. The guy’s name is Brian Walker. I did not see anywhere on his site that he is a pastor just that he is someone who is interested in theology

www.knowbiblefactsfromfiction.com

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The first post of this page is a copy from this web page. The guy’s name is Brian Walker. I did not see anywhere on his site that he is a pastor just that he is someone who is interested in theology

www.knowbiblefactsfromfiction.com

Thank you. It appears that this person uses all they can get to create their own belief, from science, diction and prophecy. Not a person I would hold in high esteem nor read.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Eve was not present when God told Adam about the tree, and I don't think I see anywhere the Bible states that God himself ever told her..... so her idea about not touching the fruit may well have come from an absent minded Adam and not from Eve at all.

I think this much too important to speculate that the problem was Eve's..

Incorrect.

Genesis 3:1-3

Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman,

"Has God indeed said, 'You shall now eat of every tree of the garden'?"

And the woman said to the serpent,

"We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.'"

Eve obviously knew that she was not supposed to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Eve was not present when God told Adam about the tree, and I don't think I see anywhere the Bible states that God himself ever told her..... so her idea about not touching the fruit may well have come from an absent minded Adam and not from Eve at all.

I think this much too important to speculate that the problem was Eve's..

Incorrect.

Genesis 3:1-3

Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman,

"Has God indeed said, 'You shall now eat of every tree of the garden'?"

And the woman said to the serpent,

"We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.'"

Eve obviously knew that she was not supposed to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Notice that she also said you cant touch it. That was not what God said. How did she get that view? The bible doesnt say.

The bible does say that sin came with Adam. That Eve was deceived but that Adam willfully sinned. God didnt excuse Eve, but neither did He let the blame fully rest on her.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  730
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  09/13/1993

We are to be the spiritual head over our household as Christ is the spiritual head over the Church. Men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church and that means to give your life for your wife. So why, should women keep silent in the church? So they don’t fall prey to the whiles of the devil, it was said for their own protection not to degrade women in any way or to make her seem any less a person than her husband.

I disagree with the entire article. "So they don't fall prey to the whiles of the devil". What about the men? What makes them exempt from the same?

"not to degrade women"??? The very statement about not falling prey to the whiles of the devil does just that. It is paternalistic, condescending, and has no place in any lesson.

The writer has got this wrong in no uncertain terms.

Sojourner7 has touched on what the problem actually was, and it would have been good if the writer had done a little extra biblical research before he wrote. ( and for him to have a good look at his perception of women, biblical or not).

It is this type of lesson that chases women seeking Christ away from Him, and any Christian woman with any ounce of scriptural understanding would have to (in my opinion), cling to grace just to read it.

It gets worse....

Keep in mind here and relate this story to the world we live in today, ask yourself how many times your wife or girlfriend has purchased something from the door to door salesman or the telemarketer who most men would just hang up the phone or close the door to. Let’s face it women are much nicer than men are, and don’t like to be rude, some silver tongue devil selling snake oil can sway almost anyone and the same tactics used of old still work today. And so Eve being the curious type, she had to know, what it was that was being held back from her, using what seemed to be the common sense approach, took of this forbidden knowledge and was tricked. Also keep in mind that she was innocent she had no concept of sin as she knew no evil at this time.

Rubbish, degrading, paternalistic, un-scriptural.

Just plain wrong.

Can't say how much more I can agree with Fez on this and everyone else who was rightfully outraged by the starting post. Despite Fez's lack of grace (as he puts it) in this version, it is brutally honest and accurate. Thank you so much Fez for venting my anger for me :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Brenda Walker :o no just kidding I don't want to stroke out the OP... :thumbsup:

Nebs about to blow into super nova and if MG gets wind of this ...well...

Here comes the piranha ... Love Steven