• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/22/1997

Hey, ppl... this vid has really helped me the last couple days when ive watched it... hope it helps someone else out here :)

sPrevorb31

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Lets start off with the basics. Guys are visual. They will notice any skin showing that is above and beyond cultural norms for modesty. For instance if your from Afghanistan, and your ankle shows a guy will notice because that is the only skin he is likely to see. Then you have people that live in the tropical region and girls go topless all day long and men do not notice.

This leads to the truth in the fist statement. A girls body does not cause a man to stumble. Her body is in no way intrinsically bad or evil or sinful. God created us naked and said that it was very good. Yes this changed after the fall, and why this is now a shameful state is a different topick alltogether. So therefore, a women's body in and of itself is not to blame for a mans lustful behavior, however she can contribute to the problem.

What goes on in the thought process of the man that looks is the issue. Even noticing is not sinful. As a man would have to be blind not to notice some skin if it is displayed. What he does when he sees it is the issue. If he ignores it, and redirects his gaze, and stops thinking about it, then good. If he plays it over and over in his mind, and thinks perverse thoughts, then he sins. What he needs to do is this,

2 Corinthians 10:3-18 (New King James Version)

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

Also, for everyone, not just guys, when ever you are tempted, do not give the temptation battle. Take it to the Lord and then leave it there. Just forget it. You will focus on something you try not to. If I say, Don't think about white horses that will become what you think about as you try not to think about it!

A women can stir up desire in a man with her body. Not to say she does this by simply showing a bit to much skin, but by dressing and acting a certain way. I believe this to be a God invented thing to be exersized in its proper place. That place being within marriage, in the privacy of ones own bedroom. Doing any of this outside of that setting can and will often cause a man to stumble. This usually means showing more skin then the cultural norm, or in a way that focus the attion on certin body parts. This is often done in ignorance, and often times on purpose. If they are doing it unknowingly, then it may be good for another older wiser women to take her aside and counsel her on what would be more appropriate. Sometimes though, the girls do it just to get a guys attention, to get a rise out of him in order to make herself feel pretty,sexy, etc.To do this purpusely is sinful through and through.

So for the sentiment that puts all the blame, 100% of it on the guys is unfair, unjust, and goes against the word of God. There are women who purposely tempt men. They try and try and try go get there attention, to seduce them or as I already said to stroke their own pride. Fez commented in the threat that it is up to us to deal with the temptation, to deal with what we notice. This is not an easy battle as we are hardwired to notice. This is not an excuse, but it is something that most women, do not, and never really fully understand. So arriving in some public place desplaying a lot of skin above and beyond the cultural norm, is the equivalent of drinking in front of a alcoholic, who is trying very hard to stop drinking. Would it be only the mans fault if he was tempted if a lady walked into church wearing lingerie that hid nothing?

So yes ladies, for us guys please dress modestly, you can still dress to impress with out showing off.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

This is a two way street. Both men and women are attracted to the opposite sex many ways. To some, it is easy to ignore, but to those who desire a life partner through marriage, it is hard. These are seeking a husband or wife and their sub conscious is continually scanning each person they meet.

If one is going to go down this road of modesty, please do not exclude any factors that are in play. It is not just the skin, as mentioned. Tight clothing, in both sexes, can tempt. A certain order from an aftershave, or cologne, can cause temptation. They playful glance or teasing look can cause temptation. Even the words we choose to use in a sentence can determine how someone will respond. It is our wholeness that contributes to temptation, not just the visual.

Temptation is a vast subject. This thread needs to be discussed with an open mind, not to defend each persons choice, but to understand each other better and how we contribute to another persons stumble in their walk with Christ..

If one is going to go down this road of modesty, please do not exclude any factors that are in play. It is not just the skin, as mentioned. Tight clothing, in both sexes, can tempt. A certain order from an aftershave, or cologne, can cause temptation. They playful glance or teasing look can cause temptation. Even the words we choose to use in a sentence can determine how someone will respond. It is our wholeness that contributes to temptation, not just the visual.

Amen. The devil is in the detail.

• 7 months later...

Hey, ppl... this vid has really helped me the last couple days when ive watched it... hope it helps someone else out here :)

sPrevorb31

That was was beautifully done, thank you for posting this.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

AMEN! :41::clap:

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

It makes me feel uncomfortable when men stare at me. I try to dress modestly, but in 100 degree heat it is hard not to wear tank tops and shorts. But I understand, I need to throw those things out...for my Christian brothers!

I am pretty visual as well. When I see a woman walking in the store wearing next to nothing it is hard not to notice, but I will say in my head "God did a great job making women beautiful and curvy!" But I wont think anything more than that. And when I see a hot guy, that is a bit harder, I have a certain type! My heart might start racing a bit, but I have to look away. I will say to myself "wow, he was gorgeous!" but I wont let my mind wander.

The hardest thing is being with my boyfriend and not covetting! Sometimes I just will wear sweatshirts and sweatpants around him cause I know it is hard for him. He told me that if any skin is showing on a woman, they will search for it! And they will think about a hot woman they saw like a week before and be undressing her in their heads even still!

It must be so hard to be a guy, I am truley sorry for dressing the way I did/do sometimes. The last few weeks I have been wearing plain grey t-shirts outside, even though it is like 80-100 degrees right now!

God bless! Awesome video!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hey I appreciate seeing this topic brought up here; thanks for the video!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Great video.. thank you for sharing..