IGNORED

Can we talk about the concept of Just War?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Have you even noticed that when Christ said to turn the other cheek it is when someone is attacking you personally? It is never implied when someone is attacking the innocent.

John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.

Where in the New Testament does a Christian ever use violence to prevent or stop violence?

So do you believe that all Christians should be pacifists and not partake of any politics for example?

Why should pacifists not take part in politics????????????? Jesus set a clear and unmistakeable example of personal pacifism; His apostles followed Him in that.

Simply asking a question. :) You are newer to Worthy and engaging in some very interesting threads. I'm going to take it in your worldview then that even though one might have a pacifistic outlook on life one could still partake in politics?

God bless,

GE

Yes, of course; politics is one means (and only one means) by which we can seek to bring about justice for the poor and oppressed, something close to God's heart throughout the Bible.

Have you even noticed that when Christ said to turn the other cheek it is when someone is attacking you personally? It is never implied when someone is attacking the innocent.

Where in the New Testament does a Christian ever use violence to prevent or stop violence?

Ask the guy with one ear..... The one that Jesus healed.

An act of violence for which Peter was rebuked! I think Jesus rebuke should be ringing in the ears of many current day "Christians" who justify violence.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

So do you believe that all Christians should be pacifists and not partake of any politics for example?

Why should pacifists not take part in politics????????????? Jesus set a clear and unmistakeable example of personal pacifism; His apostles followed Him in that.

Simply asking a question. :) You are newer to Worthy and engaging in some very interesting threads. I'm going to take it in your worldview then that even though one might have a pacifistic outlook on life one could still partake in politics?

God bless,

GE

Yes, of course; politics is one means (and only one means) by which we can seek to bring about justice for the poor and oppressed, something close to God's heart throughout the Bible.

Question, is our purpose as Christians to seek justice for the poor and oppressed or to tell others the Good News of salvation through Jesus Christ?

God bless,

GE

God bless,

GE

Question, is our purpose as Christians to seek justice for the poor and oppressed or to tell others the Good News of salvation through Jesus Christ?

God bless,

GE

Both, according to plain revelation throughout Scripture! Its "both and", not "either or".

God bless,

GE

Both, according to plain revelation throughout Scripture! Its "both and", not "either or".

So what do you think about the Social Gospel?

A rather redundant topic; not relevant to the 21st Century.

A rather redundant topic; not relevant to the 21st Century.

Actually it is not true. But it is relevant to dispell the falacies of the Social Gospel which is not the Gospel as found in the Bible at all. But for another thread I suppose. :)

Since I Believe that god never changes but is the same today and tomorrow then i believe that Deuteronomy 20 still applies to us as a christian nation.

20:When you go out to battle against your enemies, and see horses and chariots [and] people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the LORD your God [is] with you, who brought you up from the land of Egypt.etc

I still believe that God calls his people to defend his name, just think about it why do these other nations hate America/ Israel because we are Gods people. Fighting in a war is different then just plain out murder. War is out of our hands, you cant just sit back and let the enemy kill you, you have to fight and plain murder is a complete choice of ones own evil mind.

​I probably didn't explain my self very well, but I do believe that Christians should not start fights,but should take part in fights if they are against God

Other nations do not see America as God's people; many, in fact, see America as ruled by Satan because it is the slave of money, which cannot be served at the same time as serving God.