• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

True.

I guess when you see someone who you consider a friend, someone you look up to, being attacked, it can feel personal.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

The person of osteen isnt being attacked at least by me. I have no reason to doubt you when you say he is a nice person. It is the theology he preaches that I find objectionable. And even that, only because of what he has said in interviews that lessen who my Lord is.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

Galatians 1

6 I marvel that you so soon are being moved away from Him who called you into the grace of Christ, to another gospel,

7 which is not another, but some are troubling you, and desiring to pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But even if we or an angel from Heaven preach a gospel to you beside what we preached to you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, and now I say again, If anyone preaches a gospel to you beside what you have received, let him be accursed.

Now thats harsh. And nothing in there about chastising those who seek to kill anyone. Its words against a false gospel.

You were the one Jade that said , that Jesus was harsh at times.

I didn't say Jesus did anything to them ...but, called them hypocrites .

why are you turning this around Jade as to say......that Jesus did not call them hypocrites ? What bible do you follow ?

You are calling these verses ...a false gospel ?

Luke 11 : 39 - 44

39- Then the Lord said to him,

" Now you Pharisees make the outside of the cup and dish clean,

but your inward part is full of greed and wickeness.

40- "Foolish ones ! Did not he who made the outside make the inside also?

41- But, rather give alms of such things as you have; then indeed all

things are clean to you.

42- "But, woe to you, Pharisees !

For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass by justice and the love of God.

These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

43- Woe to you Pharisees ! For you love the best seats in the synagogues and greetings in the market places.

44- "Woe to you Scribes and pharisees , hypocrites !

For you are like graves which are not seen ,

and the men who walk over them are not aware of them. "

Luke 11-53 :54

53- And as He said these things to them , the Scribes and the Pharisees

began to assail Him, vehemently, and to cross -examine Him

about many things,

54- lying in wait for Him in something He might say , that they might accuse Him.

In Matthew 27:1

When morning came , all the chief priest and elders of the people

plotted against Jesus to put Him to death.

Well the end of the true story is ...as you very well know... the chief priest and elders of the people , had Him crucified.

Are you calling this a false doctrine ?

Are you calling this a false doctrine ?

No, I was using that as an example where someone who promoted a false gospel and was not threatening bodily harm to another was harshly spoken to. Which you had said was the sole reason why Jesus spoke harshly to the pharisees.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

Galatians 1

6 I marvel that you so soon are being moved away from Him who called you into the grace of Christ, to another gospel,

7 which is not another, but some are troubling you, and desiring to pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But even if we or an angel from Heaven preach a gospel to you beside what we preached to you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, and now I say again, If anyone preaches a gospel to you beside what you have received, let him be accursed.

Now thats harsh. And nothing in there about chastising those who seek to kill anyone. Its words against a false gospel.

I follow the King James bible. Incase you may want to know.

Many are against me because, I don't think it is right to backbite and hurt someones reputation a Godly Preacher ...who

preaches about the promises of God ...such as Joel Olsteen. That is what some of you are doing to him.

So, you think I am writing false doctrine .... and some come against me and Joel Olsteen. And calling me names and saying I am not a Christian.

Yall are so wrong ....about all of this and misunderstand me. Some so mean, and cruel to say such a things about me.

All I came in here for is to say, good things about the man.

God Bless you all...

Many are against me because, I don't think it is right to backbite and hurt someones reputation a Godly Preacher ...who

preaches about the promises of God ...such as Joel Olsteen. That is what some of you are doing to him.

So, you think I am writing false doctrine .... and some come against me and Joel Olsteen. And calling me names and saying I am not a Christian.

Yall are so wrong ....about all of this and misunderstand me. Some so mean, and cruel to say such a things about me.

God Bless you all...

I have not spoken against you. I have accused you of nothing. I hold nothing against you for using the kjv either.

I know others have called you names. And I reported those who have.

I do not hold anything against the man Joel Osteen, merely his preaching.

We share Jesus in common. Let us rejoice in being sisters in Christ, even when we disagree on some things.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

God Bless you all...

I have not spoken against you. I have accused you of nothing. I hold nothing against you for using the kjv either.

We share Jesus in common. Let us rejoice in being sisters in Christ, even when we disagree on some things.

Amen to that jade. And Love Songs, I too have nothing against Joel, or you.

My point is that sometimes we need to hear the harsh truth. Jesus said that many will call "Lord, Lord", and that He would reply "I never knew you".

Selecting scripture that is uplifting is a good thing, and we all need the encouragement at times. But to hear the harsh truth is also good. As Shiloh said, there has to be a balance. In Joel's preaching I do not see a balance, I see a one sided bias.

Jesus is no pushover.

Blessings

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

God Bless you all...

Amen to that jade. And Love Songs, I too have nothing against Joel, or you.

My point is that sometimes we need to hear the harsh truth. Jesus said that many will call "Lord, Lord", and that He would reply "I never knew you".

Selecting scripture that is uplifting is a good thing, and we all need the encouragement at times. But to hear the harsh truth is also good. As Shiloh said, there has to be a balance. In Joel's preaching I do not see a balance, I see a one sided bias.

Jesus is no pushover.

Blessings

thumbsup.gif

Being (validly) critical of the theology of your favourite preacher is not the same as being picked on. I am watching this thread, and I realise it has become somewhat heated, but I did not want to close it just yet. It is important that the truth be shared and that we don't shy away from graciously delivering it because of the way it is received. Often times having our theology challenged is unpalatable, but in the case of Joel, absolutely necessary.

So... the thread remains open, please remember to salt your words with grace and love, and always be ready to defend what you believe with scripture. We have nothing to lose thumbsup.gif.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

well then i wont listen to most televangelist as it seems to be thing to do is preach another gospel.

well then i wont listen to most televangelist as it seems to be thing to do is preach another gospel.

There are good pastors / teachers on television. The problem lies in the fact they tend to be hard to find at times. That's one reason I don't bother with so called "christian" television any longer. There are many good churches that allow you to acess sermons on line, or download them as MP3 and video files too. The Calvary Chapels are a good example of this since they make their files available for free download, and there are others that do also.

Best thing I can recommend is prayer. Ask the Lord to show you which teachers you should watch or listen to -- and always compare what they say to the Bible. If it don't match what God's Word says toss it. God will never contradict Himself. :)