• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

Some people say that going to church and even reading the Bible will not necessarily save a person. Yet, I see many who say I am "saved".

Surely a person would want to say they are saved. Can others here

try to explain how they know if a person is truly saved? :noidea:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Rom 10:5 -10

5 For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness. 6 But the righteousness based on faith speaks thus, "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?' (that is, to bring Christ down), 7 or' Who will descend into the abyss?' (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). " 8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" — that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved;

NASB

Matt 25:31-46

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 38'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

NASB

You will see people confessing Jesus as Lord and doing things like this to show that they have actually made Jesus their Lord, for he commaqnded us to love God with all our hearts, minds and souls, and to love our neighbor as ourselves.....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Some people say that going to church and even reading the Bible will not necessarily save a person. Yet, I see many who say I am "saved".

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, -Ephesians 1:13

These Ephesians were Gentiles without hope & without God. They were strangers from the covenants they had not blessed Israel they were lost.

They heard the word of truth the gospel of salvation, they believed, & they were sealed.

The gospel that was preached to the Ephesians is found in the following passage.

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; -1 Corinthians 15:1

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. -1 Corinthians 15:2

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; -1 Corinthians 15:3

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: -1 Corinthians 15:4

They heard this simple gospel trusted in it and were saved.

Salvation is a free gift.

You can't earn it.

You can however recieve it right were you are. Without repeating a prayer or walking down an aisle.

Believe that he died for your sins. He has reconciled you to God.

Put your trust in the faith of Christ.

And no there is not any more to it than that!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,373
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Only God knows. We should have faith and hope but not presumption.

really?

Rom 8:15-17

15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

NKJV

The Gift

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised; )

And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Hebrews 10:19-24

Of Love

_________

______

___

.... a person is truly saved....

:thumbsup:

Because It Is Written

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Because It Is Written

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Because It Is Written

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Because It Is Written

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee,

even in thy mouth, and in thy heart:

that is, the word of faith,

which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:8-11

Because It Is Written

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

Because It Is Written

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32

Because It Is Written

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

Because It Is Written

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:5-6

Because It Is Written

And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. Mark 16:6

Because It Is Written

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 Thessalonians 10-13

Because It Is Written

But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay.

For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. 2 Corinthians 1:18-20

Because It Is Written

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul:

he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. Psalms 23

I Know I Am Saved

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. Ephesians 1:13-14

_________

______

___

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:23

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,373
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I would like to introduce you to my Friend Jesus Christ... He is the Creator of us all and all that we sense as material things called the world. This creation screams of His awesome uniqueness that is found in no other but Him. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit as One Being and existing as three distinct Persons... Like water teaches us in its three forms as liquid, steam and ice yet water always.

When God first shows you what sin is and its true nature and how that it forms death and sorrows and separation from God. A very real and unsettling feeling and awareness of your own sin begins to be seen as an empty, worthless, without voice, hopeless in life, agreeing with God of His assessment of all that you are 'dead'.... Then the realization that there is nothing you can do to change from being a sinner. Then Christ opens your heart to see Him and what a sinless Person is like and the Beauty of Him begins to fill your heart and mind. You become so drawn to His Love that you cry out Lord forgive me of my sin, deliver me from me, Lord save me.

Now a most wonderful experience floods your person... Forgiveness, acceptance, purpose, direction, meaning to that which had none a moment ago... This is the very first taste of The Bread of Life and The Water of Life the He alone as The Christ can give. Being born again is so proper in its term- for it is all things becoming new even that of yourself in a moment of time so that it is almost dream like in its beginning but certainly unmistakable in the change from death into life!

The path way in His Word:

It begins in Luke 2 a baby born in the animal's house and laid in a manger, a place where the animals ate. His mother a virgin named Mary and His Step father Joseph. For His real Father was God who for the eternities past had always been so. We see Him again at age twelve Lk 2:42 talking with the spiritual leaders and teachers. Men who 3 to 5 times His age asking Him questions and marveling at His answers. He had already, at twelve years of age, mastered The Word- His Word our Old Testament Genesis - Malachi.

For eighteen years God is quiet about His Son except that He remained subject to His family and at age 30 we see Him

coming to His cousin John The Baptist to be baptized Lk 3:21-22 and at this point His ministry begins. It is recorded in all the

Gospels of His three year ministry but oh so revealing is John's summation of His life and ministry witnessed by John "the disciple whom Jesus loved". John 21:25

25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

NKJV

You would think that he would have been greatly loved by this people for all that He had helped through healing but no. They hung Him on a Cross, beaten so badly He did not appear as a man, spit on, humiliated before His Mother and Friends. Yet He remained in Love for us even while our sin held Him there till death on that Cross.... Then three days later He raised Himself from the grave to declare the Fathers forgiveness of sins and that in believing in Him, His righteousness, His Perfect Life would be their eternal covering.

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

1 John 4:1-2 BELOVED, BELIEVE not every spirit, but try the spirits, whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God.

1 John 5:11-12 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/12/1978

I thnk Other_One nailed it with the Romans quote. Verse 9 of chapter 10 states "WILL be saved". It is not a maybe or perhaps later kind of statement, but a definate with a power packed period at the end.

If I were to paraphrase this verse, it would as such "If you will proclaim loudly with confidence that Jesus Christ is Lord and fully believe in your heart without doubt that God really did rasie Him from death, you will without a shadow of doubt be saved".

Verse 11 makes it even more soild: As the Scripture says,"Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame." If we can not trust God to keep His word on this, how can we trust Him in anything else?

Salvation come ONLY from faith in Jesus Christ to do what He says He will. His death opened the Door to the Father. All we have to do is step inside.

Praying that your faith may be enriched,

Tintiger

Edited by tintiger78

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/30/1986

Life as a non-Christian ends- and life as a Christian begins- when God transforms an unregenerate individual and causes them to become a Christian. Additionally, this is also the time at which the Holy Spirit begins indwelling you. His presence and activity is the sure sign that you are a child of God. His activity includes the initial regeneration, progressive ongoing sanctification that causes a person to be more Christlike, conviction, enabling one to "mortify the deeds of the flesh" and essentially live in obedience to God that would be impossible without God's presence and immediate help....among other things.

So how do you know if this stuff has happened? Step one, ask yourself if God did all those things. Was there a time when God regenerated you? Do you know the difference between an unregenerate existence and a regenerate state of being in a way that's based on personal experience? Was there a time when the Holy Spirit began indwelling you? Does He indwell you now? What is/has He been doing?

Step two: Answer truthfully and honestly. If all of those things did/have/are happen/ed/ing, congratulations. If they largely haven't happened and God hasn't done these things in/through/to you, that's too bad.

That's pretty much it.