• i have no idea

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

if our solar system was in any othe place in the universe or at any other time we would have a very obscured view of the stars and galaxies and not be able to study it in amazment

How did you come to this conclusion?

Ciao

- viole

I didn't come up with it myself but rather the astronomers who ran the computer models and simulations did, there where a few episodes of nova where many astronomers came up with the same conclusion......... i can't promise anything but i'll try to get more info

P.S. i'm thankful for science- i'd hate to live in the day's of old where the earth was flat and you had to be carefull not to fall of the edge of the world :cool:

Yeah, and they didn't have air conditioning and good heating and no Charmin toilet paper...... man we don't ever want to go back to those days.

Don't forget heated toilet seats.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The scientific community nearly crucified Trevor Norman and Barry Setterfield for ever suggesting such a thing as the decay of c. (the speed of light)

I'm not familiar with Norman, but the Setterfield stuff was just very poor research. I don't think the scientific community even paid much attention to it one or another actually.

But the decay of c. was greater than the margin of error. Does that mean nothing?

Dr. A.E. Wilder-Smith (holder of three earned phd's) began as an atheist, came to Christ (in part) by the lack of scientific evidence to support the evolution theory or the old universe theory. '

AE WilderSmith link

College lecture "Time and creation" wherein he posits the creation was a transference from eternity to the temporal which took 6 days approximately 7,000 years ago.

Time itself being a created thing at the same time as matter.

Time is the progression of elements in the universe and the measure of that progression.

How long is eternity? Is there a progression there as there is here? What if a universe trillions of light years across could be made in what would amount to a second in eternity? How old would a thing be there?

The scientific community nearly crucified Trevor Norman and Barry Setterfield for ever suggesting such a thing as the decay of c. (the speed of light)

I'm not familiar with Norman, but the Setterfield stuff was just very poor research. I don't think the scientific community even paid much attention to it one or another actually.

But the decay of c. was greater than the margin of error. Does that mean nothing?

In this yes. What were the data? Historical records of estimates of the speed of light. Can you think of any reason besides a change in the speed of light in a vacuum that would explain estimates of its speed changing over hundred of years?

Me personally? No.

But if the speed of light is reducing... the implications are vast.

Dr. A.E. Wilder-Smith (holder of three earned phd's) began as an atheist, came to Christ (in part) by the lack of scientific evidence to support the evolution theory or the old universe theory. '

AE WilderSmith link

It's the data that ultimately determines if theories are accepted or not. The modern synthesis is the best theory we have for the data concerning the changing of organisms over time. The standard model is currently the best theory we have for understanding the physical universe.

Organisms which have to date no transitional forms.

.... A small correction: the universe is estimated to be about 13.7 billion years old. The Earth is dated to about 4.5 billion years.....

A Small Correction!

Historically The Earth Is Three Day Younger

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:1-5

Than The Universe

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. Genesis 1:14-19

And Knowledge

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. Hebrews 11:6-7

Is Jesus

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:10-17

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/09/1967

Amen Fresno!!

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

Personally I believe both. Things were created a very long time ago and became a desolate waste land as it speaks of in Genesis. The Bible is basically the time from when the earth was reformed and humans were created. It's just my personal opinion that we were created in the long run to judge the angels. A lot had to happen to make us qualified to do so......

Do you have any scriptural reasons why you believe this, or do you just not want to have to choose between the Bible and 'modern' science? This is only a question. If it sounds like an accusation, I apologize.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Since the Bible confirms itself, I found this verse appropriate to the discussion. What do the rest of you think?

Revelation 16:18

New King James Version (NKJV)

18 And there were noises and thunderings and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such a mighty and great earthquake as had not occurred since men were on the earth.

Does this indicate that there WAS an earthquake some time before man was created? Why?? How long before??

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

i just want to clairify what i believe about this issue.

i believe the universe is 14 billion years old and that the earth as scripture says in its begining "was void and without form" was billions of years old.

But when God started working on the earth to get it ready for mankind, that is the day 1 the scripture speaks of in Genesis.