apothanein kerdos

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

And after some days Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us return and visit the brethren in every city in which we proclaimed the word of the Lord, and see how they are." And Barnabas was desirous of taking John, called Mark, along with them also. But paul kept insisting that they should not take him along who had deserted them in pamphylia and had not gone with them to the work. And there aros such a sharp disagreement that they seperated from one another, and Barnabas took Mark with him and saild away to Cyprus. But Paul chose Silas and departed, being committed by the brethren to the grace of the Lord. And he was traveling through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches. Acts 15:36-41

Splits over what seem to be useless controversies happen all the time. Sometimes they are good, sometimes they are bad.

Though I am relatively new to Worthyboards, it is obvious that it has come under a massive split, yet this is not always a bad thing. Sometimes a split allows a place to grow. It forces us out of our comfort zones and into realizing that there are new people here with new gifts and new talents. It allows us to bring in more people to fill the void left by the older, more mature members. In the case of Paul and Barnabas, their split lead them to spreading the Gospel of Christ much quicker than it would have had they stayed together.

Do not become discouraged, instead, use every bad event to God's glory.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Everything to His glory. Amen to that.

:huh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Very good thoughts

• 11 years later...

I saw the name Apothanein Kerdos and was wondering if he decided to pay us a visit after all these years.  I had many times of strong contention with him early on.  Back in the day, I saw anyone that believed in OSAS as a heretic and was going to straighten them out, and we had some knock down, drag out battles.  I am actually sorry he stopped posting, as I didn't view him as an enemy after a while.  He did make a good point in that OP.  God took a bad situation between Paul and Barnabus, and used it to spread the gospel to even more places as there became two missionary teams where there had been just one.  Also, history shows that Barnabus was right in giving John Mark a second chance, as he made good after disappointing Paul the first time. 

Take Mark, and bring him with thee:  for he is profitable to me for the ministry.  2 Timothy 4:11

It is thought that Paul was speaking of John Mark. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Butero said:

I saw the name Apothanein Kerdos and was wondering if he decided to pay us a visit after all these years.  I had many times of strong contention with him early on.  Back in the day, I saw anyone that believed in OSAS as a heretic and was going to straighten them out, and we had some knock down, drag out battles.  I am actually sorry he stopped posting, as I didn't view him as an enemy after a while.  He did make a good point in that OP.  God took a bad situation between Paul and Barnabus, and used it to spread the gospel to even more places as there became two missionary teams where there had been just one.  Also, history shows that Barnabus was right in giving John Mark a second chance, as he made good after disappointing Paul the first time. 

Take Mark, and bring him with thee:  for he is profitable to me for the ministry.  2 Timothy 4:11

It is thought that Paul was speaking of John Mark. 

Yup, you yourself said that you were a bad boy, Butero :P

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2015‎ ‎8‎:‎06‎:‎01‎, Dakila777 said:

Yup, you yourself said that you were a bad boy, Butero :P

I have learned a lot from others at WB over the years.  Not all of those things were about doctrine, but some were about interacting with others who don't hold the same views.  I had a lot of sincere zeal when I first joined WB, and was sure that all it would take is showing people the scriptures and they would all come to see things my way.  My view on OSAS is somewhat different than when I first joined.  

Anyway, I do wonder how A.K. is doing today.  It was good seeing his name again.  I kind of like it when people bring back some of the old threads, if for no other reason than to remind us of people that used to participate here. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Butero said:

I have learned a lot from others at WB over the years.  Not all of those things were about doctrine, but some were about interacting with others who don't hold the same views.  I had a lot of sincere zeal when I first joined WB, and was sure that all it would take is showing people the scriptures and they would all come to see things my way.  My view on OSAS is somewhat different than when I first joined.  

Anyway, I do wonder how A.K. is doing today.  It was good seeing his name again.  I kind of like it when people bring back some of the old threads, if for no other reason than to remind us of people that used to participate here. 

Yes, this place does offer a lot of opportunities for growing up. And it has a great history too. I'm glad to be part of it.

And yes, there are some people that I miss also that I would like to talk to again....

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

On December 1, 2015 at 9:20 AM, simplejeff said:

Always Trust God - Never Give Up. 

On September 26, 2004 at 2:14 AM, apothanein kerdos said:

And after some days Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us return and visit the brethren in every city in which we proclaimed the word of the Lord, and see how they are." And Barnabas was desirous of taking John, called Mark, along with them also. But paul kept insisting that they should not take him along who had deserted them in pamphylia and had not gone with them to the work. And there aros such a sharp disagreement that they seperated from one another, and Barnabas took Mark with him and saild away to Cyprus. But Paul chose Silas and departed, being committed by the brethren to the grace of the Lord. And he was traveling through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches. Acts 15:36-41

Splits over what seem to be useless controversies happen all the time. Sometimes they are good, sometimes they are bad.

Though I am relatively new to Worthyboards, it is obvious that it has come under a massive split***, yet this is not always a bad thing. Sometimes a split allows a place to grow. It forces us out of our comfort zones and into realizing that there are new people here with new gifts and new talents. It allows us to bring in more people to fill the void left by the older, more mature members. In the case of Paul and Barnabas, their split lead them to spreading the Gospel of Christ much quicker than it would have had they stayed together.

Do not become discouraged, instead, use every bad event to God's glory.

*** 'obvious' so many years ago,  and repeatedly since then ...    DON'T GIVE UP !

Every day may be a challenge to life itself - many will die TODAY, in the usa , and around the world millions more.