O'Dannyboy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

I will not go round in circles with you and Tess any longer. You don't come accross as wanting to discuss the topic. You come accross as a know it all who just wants to prove me wrong. This might be the last time I respond to you.

LT

Round and round with me? All I've done is ask you questions and ask you to to prove the things you've claimed (such as christian hardcore music being demonic). If you don't want to go "round and round", then it might be a good idea not to make blanket statements that you cannot support or defend. Or...admit you were wrong, either way would work.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

THE MUSIC IS DEMONIC. God is not honored by this filth. 

If you so firmly hold to this...you obviously have some sort of proof or evidence to believe it. So, let's see it...it's not hard.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Larry's obviously lost the debate, he just won't man up and admit it. Every aspect of hxc being "evil" has been addressed, and refuted.

Now that that's settled, onto bigger and better things:

I'm on the verge of mathematically showing that hXc is evil. Why do I do this, you ask? Well, the clear and simple answer is merely because we ALL know that it's a wretched, wretched style of music that was spawned from satan himself.

The End.

Proof pending.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Perhaps we should all take a moment and refocus on what's important and that's Jesus Christ. He alone is worthy of our praise and adoration!

Guest full_of_praise

I honestly feel that ALL music that is not true praise and gospel music with the right kind of a beat and of course lyrics can be very damageing to a person . I was recently released from the trap of hard rock music , Praise and glory to My God and savior , I never could have escaped this alone . It was a powerfull addiction to me , I realize that not all people are the same , but for me it was better than any drug I have ever taken . I am going to be blunt and it may be gruesome and seem like an attention thing but honestly it's not . I just want everyone to realize how it can effect a person , and it may explain why so many teens and adults are self mutalaters .Imagine a women sitting like a zombie in front of a mirror listening to hard core rock and watching as the flesh on her arms legs and almost her neck were being cut ? seeing the blood flow and likeing it ! no wait, more like reveling in it . I was a suicidal messand hated God for no other reason than he was there and had no reason to be that way ...and only felt like that when I had my music playing . I am so very thankful to The Lord for saving my sorry hide ! and for ridding me of from that terrible state of mind . This is a warning to anyone who is "cutting" , watch what your listening too and see if it changes your mood , your thoughts and in general how you see yourself as a human being , I never felt human until God got ahold of my heart . Praise his name for it . I still have my share of problems , but am nothing even close to the mess I used to be just 4 monthes ago . Thank you all so much for allowing me to lift these burdens , it helps so much just to be able to get it out of my system and hopefully what i share helps someone else . Thank you all again and God bless and keep you in your walk for Christ !

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,801

Ok... I'm going to ask my question again since it was never addressed... if you put the lyrics of Amazing Grace to different genres of music, when does it become e v i l? :rolleyes:

• Is Amazing Grace in the genre of classical evil? :suspect:
  • Is Amazing Grace in the genre of rock evil? :suspect:
  • Is Amazing Grace in the genre of ska evil? :suspect:
  • Is Amazing Grace in the genre of country evil? :suspect:
  • Is Amazing Grace in the genre of metal evil? :suspect:
  • Is Amazing Grace in the genre of flamenco evil? :suspect:
  • Is Amazing Grace in the genre of rapcore evil? :suspect:
  • Is Amazing Grace in the genre of bluegrass evil? :suspect:
  • Is Amazing Grace in the genre of hip-hop evil? :suspect:
  • Is Amazing Grace in the genre of pop evil? :suspect: ...etc...

If a particular genre, for an individual, evokes certain ungodly emotions... then I would say for that individual they should not listen to it. If a particular genre, for an individual, is worshipful to God, then praise God with it.

Worship comes from the heart, not the genre.

I honestly feel that ALL music that is not true praise and gospel music with the right kind of a beat and of course lyrics can be very damageing to a person . I was recently released from the trap of hard rock music , Praise and glory to My God and savior , I never could have escaped this alone . It was a powerfull addiction to me , I realize that not all people are the same , but for me it was better than any drug I have ever taken . I am going to be blunt and it may be gruesome and seem like an attention thing but honestly it's not . I just want everyone to realize how it can effect a person , and it may explain why so many teens and adults are self mutalaters .Imagine a women sitting like a zombie in front of a mirror listening to hard core rock and watching as the flesh on her arms legs and almost her neck were being cut ? seeing the blood flow and likeing it ! no wait, more like reveling in it . I was a suicidal messand hated God for no other reason than he was there and had no reason to be that way ...and only felt like that when I had my music playing . I am so very thankful to The Lord for saving my sorry hide ! and for ridding me of from that terrible state of mind . This is a warning to anyone who is "cutting" , watch what your listening too and see if it changes your mood , your thoughts and in general how you see yourself as a human being , I never felt human until God got ahold of my heart . Praise his name for it . I still have my share of problems , but am nothing even close to the mess I used to be just 4 monthes ago . Thank you all so much for allowing me to lift these burdens , it helps so much just to be able to get it out of my system and hopefully what i share helps someone else . Thank you all again and God bless and keep you in your walk for Christ !

Thank you for sharing your testimony. It never ceases to amaze me how God moves and works in the lives of people. Imagine a God so magnificent and huge that he created the entire universe and everything in it yet still has such a gentle and perfect touch that reaches us right where we're at so personally. God is awesome!

Ok... I'm going to ask my question again since it was never addressed... if you put the lyrics of Amazing Grace to different genres of music, when does it become e v i l? :rolleyes: 
  • Is Amazing Grace in the genre of classical evil?  :suspect:

• Is Amazing Grace in the genre of rock evil?  :suspect:

• Is Amazing Grace in the genre of ska evil?  :suspect:

• Is Amazing Grace in the genre of country evil?  :suspect:

• Is Amazing Grace in the genre of metal evil?  :suspect:

• Is Amazing Grace in the genre of flamenco evil?  :suspect:

• Is Amazing Grace in the genre of rapcore evil?  :suspect:

• Is Amazing Grace in the genre of bluegrass evil?  :suspect:

• Is Amazing Grace in the genre of hip-hop evil?  :suspect:

• Is Amazing Grace in the genre of pop evil?  :suspect: ...etc...

If a particular genre, for an individual, evokes certain ungodly emotions... then I would say for that  individual they should not listen to it. If a particular genre, for an individual, is worshipful to God, then praise God with it.

Worship comes from the heart, not the genre.

I haven't posted on this thread until today though I have been following to some degree. I don't mind giving my opinion on your thoughts. :D

What glorifies God is a heart humbled in worship. Doesn't matter if your singing "amazing grace" in pop style, hip hop or whatever. The most beautiful melody sounds as a clanging cymbal if the heart isn't in tune with the Father and praising His name in love and adoration. We can sing to or play the most beautiful and reverent songs but it's only lip service without living a life of worship.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Did anyone else here know you can put the lyrics of "Amazing Grace" to the tune of Gilligan's Island?

Really! Try it. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

What lively debates this topic has stirred. Forgive me friends if anyone has said anything intentionaly hurtfull to you. It was never my intention to cause brothers and sisters to question each others faith. This forum has served to remind me that the word that comes before Bible is Holy.

The use of its teachings to promote ones own knowledge of them can only bare bitter fruit. Seek each others counsil and wisdom as you see fit, but not each others verification. We are each set on a path to righteousness that is unique.

I began this thread to point out a soft spot where evil might attack. Not for our sakes but for the sakes of those closest to us. Not in frontal attacks where you would see them for what they are, but mimicing those things we enjoy. Knowing that we live in a society that "tolerates" just a little more sin each and every day.

For the sake of those you love we cannot afford to go with the crowd. I read a while back one person likening those who worship "religions" to Lemmings. I personally worship Jesus Christ and our Father the one true living God.

When I think about all the fish I see on cars, I wonder what they mean or symbolize. They look like Salmon swimming against the current. Beasts and men alike picking off those who would not heed the warnings of those that went before.

Edited by O'Dannyboy