• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Hi folks,

Since I have no secrets, I'd like your help to biblically work through an issue I am potentially facing.

There is a possibility of this new IVF treatment creating more embryo's than we need, it is a big gamble.

Let's say we have another 1 or 2 kids by this treatment and still have frozen embryo's left over.

We feel like our family is complete.

Is it wrong/sinful to donate the remaining embryo's to another couple?

I can't see where it is sinful in and of itself, but it feels a little selfish to me. I wonder how it would feel if we donated the embryo, and someone else gave birth to my child. And when that child grows up, it is legally able to identify us and contact us, and what would I say if s/he knocked on my door and said, Hi Mum, why didn't you implant me yourself?

We can't ever let a frozen embryo die as we consider it as much alive as we consider our daughter to be alive.

So I guess the option is having more kids than we wanted (which is fine I guess) or adopting out and letting someone else have the chance (and I feel a bit weird / wrong / selfish about this).

We are in the same situation if, for some tragic reasons, my body cannot carry another child (hysterectomy, death etc).

Thanks folks. I think I know the answer but I want to make sure my feelings are justified and not unduly influenced by emotions (or hormones help.gif).

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, considering your previous IVF efforts, you have a good alibi for adopting them away.

Praying for the next attempt. :emot-hug:

.... Is it wrong/sinful to donate the remaining embryo's to another couple....

:thumbsup:

First Commandment Dear Sister You Know It's Set Deep Within Your Heart

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26-28

So

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

What's Not To Love

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:29-31

Praying~!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks folks. I think I know the answer but I want to make sure my feelings are justified and not unduly influenced by emotions (or hormones help.gif).

We humans seek approval of other humans to do things. I do the same thing many times. HE gave you the answer so follow it, and even if you make a mistake He will correct it for you. No fear, no doubt, and 100% believe in Him, as you have allways done.

Blessings

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

andy.

You should not think about this for now. The hormones are playing a number on you. Take one day at a time. First have your baby and take it from there. Why do you think giving the embryos for adoption would be a sin?

I don't think so.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I am to small to answer this question! But in my Heart I can ask God to guide you toward His delight in this matter!

In my mind your of good stalk Andy! A gift this intimate, to another, is for yours alone IMHO...Love, your brother Steven

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

andy.

You should not think about this for now. The hormones are playing a number on you. Take one day at a time. First have your baby and take it from there. Why do you think giving the embryos for adoption would be a sin?

I don't think so.

Wait, did you just imply I was hormonal? Come here and say that!

taped.gif

24.gif

emot-hug.gif

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

All I know is I am praying for you Sis.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Praying for you.

2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way.

and

Romans 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

:emot-hug:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Greetings Candice,

I know not what answers tomorrow holds...

That yesterdays questions bring ...

But as long as I can look back on the questions that was answered by God in the past...

I know everything will be alright.

If and when that knock comes to your door.... God will give you all that is needed.

Nothing more and nothing less.

May the blessings of God be upon you as you began and finish this journey.