IGNORED

Most accurate Bible Translation

Guest timkofu

Guest Butero

Tell you what, we've had so many arguments about which English version is the best, I'd like to know which if these translations are as good as the one you read ...

Afrikaans • Ainu • Albanian • Aleut • Alutiiq • Amharic • Aniwan • Apache • Arabic • Aramaic • Armenian • Arapaho • Assamese • Auca • Avar • Azerbaijani • Basque • Batak • Belarusian • Bengali • Bisaya-Inunhan • Breton • Bulgarian • Burmese • Cakchiquel •Carrier • Catalan • Cebuano • Cherokee • Chichewa • Chinese • Minority languages of China • Chope • Bemba • Coptic • Cornish • Cree • Croatian • Czech • Dakota • Danish • Dogrib • Dutch • Esperanto • Estonian • Finnish • French • Georgian • German • Gilbertese • Gothic • Greek • Gullah • Gwich'in • Haida • Haitian • Hawaiian • Hawaiian Creole English • Hebrew • Hopi • Hungarian • Icelandic • Indonesian • Ilocano • Inupiaq • Irish • Italian • Japanese • Jèrriais • Kannada • Kazakh • Keres • Kikamba • Konkani • Korean • Koryak • Koyukon • Kurdish • Kyrgyz • Lacandon • Latin • Latvian • Lisu • Lithuanian • Macedonian • Malay • Malayalam • Maltese • Manx • Maori • Marathi • Miao • Micmac • Mixtec • Mohawk • Mongolian • Nama • Navajo • Norwegian • Chinyanja• Nyika • O'odham • Ojibwa • Oromo • Oshindonga • Otjiherero • Paniya • Pashto • Piegan • Persian • Pipil • Polish • Portuguese • Prekmurian • Quenya • Romani • Romanian • Russian • Sakha • Seneca • Serbian • Shawi • Shor • Slavonic • Slovene • Spanish • Swahili • Swedish • Tajik • Tashelhayt • Tagalog • Upper Tanana • Tatar • Tamil • Telugu • Tewa • Thai • Tibetan • Tlingit • Tongan • Tsimshian • Tulu • Turkish • Turkmen • Tuvan • Ukrainian • Urdu • Uyghur • Uzbek • Vietnamese • Wakhi • Welsh • Wampanoag • Xhosa • Yiddish• Yoruba • Yupik languages • Zulu • Zuñi

Do these translations bring about His word?

What translations? These are names of languages, not translations. What I would say is that to get the most accurate translation to these people, someone should use the KJV Bible as their starting point, and translate it word for word to their language.

Guest Butero

I am going to try to take this thread back to the OP once again, for the second time now. If by some chance, the person who started this thread returns, at least he or she will see that we are actually going to try to answer the question.

No matter who has responded in this thread, you can see that there is no way to give you everything you want. The reason it is not possible is because something will always be lost in translation. All the translators can do is come up with the best corresponding word in English from what was originally on Greek and Hebrew manuscripts. The best you can do is come up with something as close as possible. The only Bible translation I can fully recommend is the KJV Bible, however, I understand that you desire to have a Bible in modern English. Taking that into consideration, I would suggest you get the New King James Version Bible. You said you want the most recently discovered manuscripts taken into account, but they don't fully agree with each other. I don't know why you would desire that? There is just no Bible that fully fits your description, but the closest thing I could suggest is the New King James Bible. I apologize that this thread has been taken into left-field. I hope that in the midst of the inner fighting, you found something helpful.

The Holy Bible

Psalms 119:160

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. King James Version (Cambridge Edition)

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. New International Version (1984)

The beginning of thy words is truth: all the judgments of thy justice are for ever. Douay-Rheims Bible

All of your words are truth. Every one of your righteous ordinances endures forever. World English Translation

The origin of your word is the truth and all the judgments of your righteousness are for eternity. Aramaic Bible In Plain English (2010)

It's What's For Dinner

Jeremiah 15:16

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. King James Version (Cambridge Edition)

When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty. New International Version (1984)

Thy words were found, and I did eat them, and thy word was to me a joy and gladness of my heart: for thy name is called upon me, O Lord God of hosts. Douay-Rheims Bible

Your words were found, and I ate them; and your words were to me a joy and the rejoicing of my heart: for I am called by your name, Yahweh, God of Armies. World English Translation

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Tell you what, we've had so many arguments about which English version is the best, I'd like to know which if these translations are as good as the one you read ...

Afrikaans • Ainu • Albanian • Aleut • Alutiiq • Amharic • Aniwan • Apache • Arabic • Aramaic • Armenian • Arapaho • Assamese • Auca • Avar • Azerbaijani • Basque • Batak • Belarusian • Bengali • Bisaya-Inunhan • Breton • Bulgarian • Burmese • Cakchiquel •Carrier • Catalan • Cebuano • Cherokee • Chichewa • Chinese • Minority languages of China • Chope • Bemba • Coptic • Cornish • Cree • Croatian • Czech • Dakota • Danish • Dogrib • Dutch • Esperanto • Estonian • Finnish • French • Georgian • German • Gilbertese • Gothic • Greek • Gullah • Gwich'in • Haida • Haitian • Hawaiian • Hawaiian Creole English • Hebrew • Hopi • Hungarian • Icelandic • Indonesian • Ilocano • Inupiaq • Irish • Italian • Japanese • Jèrriais • Kannada • Kazakh • Keres • Kikamba • Konkani • Korean • Koryak • Koyukon • Kurdish • Kyrgyz • Lacandon • Latin • Latvian • Lisu • Lithuanian • Macedonian • Malay • Malayalam • Maltese • Manx • Maori • Marathi • Miao • Micmac • Mixtec • Mohawk • Mongolian • Nama • Navajo • Norwegian • Chinyanja• Nyika • O'odham • Ojibwa • Oromo • Oshindonga • Otjiherero • Paniya • Pashto • Piegan • Persian • Pipil • Polish • Portuguese • Prekmurian • Quenya • Romani • Romanian • Russian • Sakha • Seneca • Serbian • Shawi • Shor • Slavonic • Slovene • Spanish • Swahili • Swedish • Tajik • Tashelhayt • Tagalog • Upper Tanana • Tatar • Tamil • Telugu • Tewa • Thai • Tibetan • Tlingit • Tongan • Tsimshian • Tulu • Turkish • Turkmen • Tuvan • Ukrainian • Urdu • Uyghur • Uzbek • Vietnamese • Wakhi • Welsh • Wampanoag • Xhosa • Yiddish• Yoruba • Yupik languages • Zulu • Zuñi

What translations? These are names of languages, not translations. What I would say is that to get the most accurate translation to these people, someone should use the KJV Bible as their starting point, and translate it word for word to their language.

Yes, languages which the bible has been translated into. Surely, something must of been lost in this form of translation.

Seriously, the Holy Spirit teaches us what is the truth. Trust Him, no matter if you have a KJV or ASB bible.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

This is not possible since going from one language to another involves many complex issues like idioms, no equivalent word, etc. It makes far more sense to work from good Hebrew/Gk. MSS to all these languages instead of going from an imperfect KJV that has known translation errors. Even Joseph Smith plagiarized KJV portions with known grammatical errors, a solid argument (not to mention anachronistic issues) against the perfect inspiration of Book of Mormon. Some view the preservation of KJV like the Koranic or BOM model of supposed perfect inspiration. This is simply not how God preserved His Word. It is bad advice to work from KJV to other languages when we should be working from originals to other languages, including English. KJV was a product of previous versions like Vulgate, Geneva, etc. It is not strictly from original languages like it should be (so imperfections were perpetuated instead of nipped in the bud).

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Contrary to what has been stated, I have not bashed the KJV. I could cite from a lengthy list of criticisms of the KJV - but I won't and haven't. I have been critical of the KJV only folks and their positions, and they richly deserve that criticism. I'll repeat a quote of mine from a previous thread that was closed:

Some are rabid to the extent of making the KJV an idol - an object of worship. Those who make KJV only a top priority do God a great disservice. So, I wouldn't care if you disagree with me or not - that would be a cult. We worship God, not an English Translation of the Holy Bible. I think it's time for me to leave this thread before I feel led to start bashing the KJV. Ya'll have fun and consider all the good you're doing. You're preaching the KJV - not Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

This is a difficult question. We no longer have the original writings of the Holy Scriptures. Even the oldest texts like the DSS are copies of copies. The best translations in my opinion are the NASB sometimes the KJV and NIV. All of those have strengths and weaknesses, and generally you should try to get a parrallell Bible, never trust ONLY one translation, as all translations are of men and subject to unintentional error. Pray for guidance and ask God to show you the true meaning of scripture. One word of warning. MANY modern translations are NOT created by Christians, and have actually been changed alot to be politically correct. AVOID THESE. Remember the warning God gave in Revelation about people who would change a single letter in his Holy Word.

I am curious, which translations are not created by Christians? I know of the JW's version but are there others?

Please give me some time to get back to you on that. There actually have been some Bibles translated by the Homosexuals, where any mention of gay sin is erased. There have been some created by the Feminist movement where mentions of man has been erased and gender neutral words like person instead of man or woman have been inserted. There have been some by the unitarian faith that eliminates any mention of eternal punishment or Hell, Sheol, and Tarturus. Although created by Christians, some bibles like the NIV have cleverly changed certain passages to eliminate the Diety if Christ. Translations are NOT all equal and should be studied themselves to see if God would approve. Just as not all churches truely are God's, neither are all Bibles. I realize this may be hard to believe, but I know of them because I have seen them. They are not nearly as common as other translations, but their very existance should give christians pause.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I tend to prefer the NASV, but when in doubt, go to the original language. There are a number of decent translation/study sites on the Web that help a lot. I prefer BlueLetterBible.org personally, I'm sure others have their favorite.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I tend to prefer the NASV, but when in doubt, go to the original language. There are a number of decent translation/study sites on the Web that help a lot. I prefer BlueLetterBible.org personally, I'm sure others have their favorite.

I'm the same bro :thumbsup:

What I find for myself is that when I can't get a clear sense what a passage is saying, it usually indicates that something has been lost in translation...so I will look into a couple of other translations and go back to the Greek or Hebrew. This is especially noticeable when the word order is peculiar....but I am glad the translators in some Bibles do not try and smooth this out, and are faithful to their method of direct translation as it is like waving a flag and indicating that the passage in question needs further unravelling. In this sense, I find the NASB to be as accurate a translation as possible...I also like the latest ESV with all the pictures and commentary, I find it satifies my hunger for graphic detail.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi, firstly you do not need a scholar to tell you about the things of GOD. You need the Holy Spirit, so the only requirement is that one must be born again-John3. The Word of GOD for the English speaking peoples is the "Authorized" 1611 King James Bible. GOD has preserved His pure Word-Psalm12:6-7

Hi and welcome to Worthy.

Born-again Biblical scholars are often able to present the Bible in a very informed and helpful way as they have read widely around various biblical subjects, studied many aspects of theology and usually have a first rate understanding of the original languages and their nuances...generally I personally have been very appreciative of the effort and work they have put in and are willing to share with the rest of us.

Yes we surely need the Holy Spirit to aid us in every walk of our life...we are instructed to 'walk in the Spirit', 'be being filled with the Spirit' and to be 'led by the Spirit'.

The King James Bible is an excellent translation..but there are many other good translations that are available. None are perfect

My friend the reference you give from Psalm 12:6-7 is taken completely out of context, and is referring to G-d keeping His word and responding to the needs of desperate people calling on Him, it is a wildly romantic assumption to suggest this is any sort of reference to G-d preserving His Word through the AKJV of 1611...here see for yourself:

<< Psalm 12 >>

New American Standard Bible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God, a Helper against the Treacherous.

For the choir director; upon an eight-stringed lyre. A Psalm of David.

1Help, LORD, for the godly man ceases to be,

For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men.

2They speak falsehood to one another;

With flattering lips and with a double heart they speak.

3May the LORD cut off all flattering lips,

The tongue that speaks great things;

4Who have said, “With our tongue we will prevail;

Our lips are our own; who is lord over us?”

5“Because of the devastation of the afflicted, because of the groaning of the needy,

Now I will arise,” says the LORD; “I will set him in the safety for which he longs.”

6The words of the LORD are pure words;

As silver tried in a furnace on the earth, refined seven times.

7You, O LORD, will keep them;

You will preserve him from this generation forever.

8The wicked strut about on every side

When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.