taylor30

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Great answers, lots of knowledge on this forum.

Just to add a thought--when Satan fell, GOD needed somewhere for him to go -- with GOD being all HOLY/sinless, He cannot allow sinful beings to inhabit Heaven -- Sheol/Hades/Hell was created for him and his angels. It is a reality and a real place.

We as believers and children of GOD are allowed access to Heaven due only to JESUS's work of redemption. Man was never designed to inhabit Hell, but due to the fall of man he canceled his access to Heaven by sinning, thus acquiring the same curse befalling Satan (ie eternal damnation/separation from GOD).

When we were conceived in the flesh, GOD created in us a soul. The human body (flesh) is temporal -- the soul is eternal. Thus Hell is eternal.

GOD BLESS ALL

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I believe it was C.S. Lewis who said that, "... in the end there are only two types of people. Those who say to God, 'Your will be done.' and those to whom God says, 'OK, have it your way.'"

Hell is eternal separation from God. God is a great respecter of freedom, He is not going to force anyone to remain in His company. There is no conflict between the mercy and the justice of God. Those who end up in hell will have freely chosen their eternal separation from God and all the Holy ones.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

The answer may lie in the Bible. But we have to realize that the word for eternity can also mean a long or set period of time. Thus, hell may not be eternal.

The only problem with what you say is this. If you do a word study, you will find that scripture uses the same word for eternal life that it uses for eternal torment. It would certainly make us feel better to think Hell is not forever, but unfortunately it is. Since the same word is used, this means the torment in Hell will last just as long as the joy and bliss if Heaven. I don't fault you for thinking that as I have heard lots of Christians whi believe that. However its not scriptural and besides, since God lets us choose where we go, its more than fair for it to be like that.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

The answer may lie in the Bible. But we have to realize that the word for eternity can also mean a long or set period of time. Thus, hell may not be eternal.

The only problem with what you say is this. If you do a word study, you will find that scripture uses the same word for eternal life that it uses for eternal torment. It would certainly make us feel better to think Hell is not forever, but unfortunately it is. Since the same word is used, this means the torment in Hell will last just as long as the joy and bliss if Heaven. I don't fault you for thinking that as I have heard lots of Christians whi believe that. However its not scriptural and besides, since God lets us choose where we go, its more than fair for it to be like that.

How is it fair for billions to go to hell without a chance? Sure, we have a lifetime. But does 80 years equate to an eternity?

Why do you say that billions have no chance? In Romans chapter 1, Paul says that God has revealed himself through the creation and the conscience, therefore no man has an,excuse to not believe and be saved. I don't claim to know how someone who has never heard of Jesus can be saved, but scripture says they can be and are without excuse if they don't believe.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

How is it fair for billions to go to hell without a chance? Sure, we have a lifetime. But does 80 years equate to an eternity?

That is a fair and honest question for which, I'm afraid, there is no satisfactory answer. Honestly, I don't think that we, as humans, will ever see all that God does as being "fair." I mean is it really "fair" that natural disasters destroy people's homes, businesses, and take their lives? Is it "fair" that children get diseases, starve to death, and are sold?

however, you must remember two simple truths:

1. The God we believe in is a Just God.

2. The God we believe in is in control.

Also, what we see as "fair" and "just" are not what are actually "fair" and "just" by God's standards.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

You seriously err my friend! If I may offer a very real timee life example;

I never did receive orders to go into combat until I wrote my congressman, Ralph Yarboro and forced the US Army to allow me to do the duty I had volunteerally signed up to do. And then I volunteered for two more tours because I believed then as I do now that all people deserve the freedom to choose their prefered form of government in open elections.

When I came home, civilians just like yourself, spit in my face, refused to serve me when I would order a beer, a soda-water, or a meal. My former best friends were ashamed for me to buy them a cold drink or to be seen with me in a resturant or a bar. When I tried to get together a band again I had to find spots to guest appear, for free, in places where the stage was closed in with Chicken Wire and an escape door was in the floor under the drummer for when the guns started going off. After a few years of people being killed while I performed and beer bottles were hurled against the Chicken Wire when someone thought I had eyed his woman, I could finally get a decent gig again, was that fair?

Now, I ride around on an electric wheel chair with a Joy-Stick because of the disease I picked up in Vietnam from drinking Diet Cokes that had exceeded 125 degrees in the Hold of the ship it was delivered by when it was the only thing wet and cold available. So it is that I can no longer earn a decent living for my wife, and that´s not fair! I can no longer go to the Model Aircraft Field to fly the models I no had to give away, it isn´t fair!

Okay, now that I´m finished with the bull, let´s get real! I am dying of Multiple Sclerorosis from drinking those cold diet Cokes and I jerk like a fool as a result of being in the finale stage of Progressive MS. Yes I am on Death Watch, a.k.a. Maintanence where they concentrate on giving me all the pain meds I request until I get to the Morphine and Over-dose myself. Is it fair? You will say no, I´ll bet and I will disagree with you. I have read through the Bible, front to back, enough times that I can no longer count and who knows how many more time I have read and reread Job to find solace. But the truth of the matter is that my God has found me worthy to be tested of Satan. Living for God is not easy, Jesus, the Son of God was murdered on the cross because the Father required a perfect sacrifice to pay the debt I owed! That, my friend, was and is not fair!

Your problem is that you are arguing with God! End of story. God has sent no man or woman to Hell nor will He send them to the Abyss for eternity, they do that to themselves! Is it fair to allow men and women the right of choice? I vigorously killed the NVA and the VC because they sought to remove that very right from the South Vietnamese but the right of choice is a God given right, see our Declaration of Independance and the Constitution. God would not be just if He forced men to go to Heaven when they have chosen not to.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I was musing (serious, not funny musing) the other day. I wasn't imaging people swiming in magma (molten rock) in their natural bodies resurrected. A natural body need air, in hell one can only get a breath of sulfur and Lord only know what else. Skipping. The soul needs love, affection, and solace and there will be none, Jesus said there will be great darkness, I don't believe one will be able to see another. The soul will experience perfect fear and perfect pain. The soul will have seen Christ at the judgment then be separated from him for ever, look how Christ felt about that in the garden (let this cup pass from me).

All this to name a few, but it will be on through the infinite future - forever - where time doesn't exsist.

.... How is it fair for billions to go to hell without a chance? Sure, we have a lifetime. But does 80 years equate to an eternity....

Trusting In LORD Jesus

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Or Not

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 16:25

~

Whosoever

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Will Believe, Will

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36(a)

And Whosoever Won't, Won't

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36(b)

And, What Is So Fair About This?

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And Why Can't You Believe Him, Beloved?

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

.... I'm not arguing with God , am asking a simple question. By the way I have found that life Is fair. That's why everyone hates it. Then again, I'm 15 so what do I know? That's why I ask....

God's

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalms 46:10

Works

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Really~!

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. Acts 2:46-47

Beloved Trust Him (Or Not)