IGNORED

Just Got Married! What Indoor/Outdoor Activities To Do?

ChristianMaker

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have been really stressing over this lately. I live near Atlanta and surprisingly I am stuck with what to do as a married couple. Of course we do things. We are going to IMAX theater to watch a movie; just went to a park and visited sub shops around it; went to a new years eve party for a little while at a neighbors house.

But we still felt kind of empty. We run and bike occasionally on a trail near the house; but I find myself looking at other couples that are all decked out on the trail in top of the line gear and bikes and going fast like they are dedicated to the sport and each other.

I am looking for something that my wife and I would love to do together on a beautiful day. I was also very frustrated the other day because it was an extremely beautiful day and we had absolutely no plans.

I know Atlanta is huge; it might be to huge that I do not know where to start. I wish there was a list of awesome activities to do so we can start trying one at a time. I tried searching sites but I have yet to find anything that lists just about everything.

Well anyways I hope everyone here can pitch in some activities, books, and also maybe throw in some great sites to visit to get some great ideas!

Best,

ChristianMaker

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Have I ever got an activity for you.

My hubby and I have been doing this for years. We know many couples and families that participate in this. Geocaching.

http://www.geocaching.com/default.aspx

This gets us out of the house. Gives us something to do while outside. Gets us walking. Shows us nice areas that we would never have found. This can be played anywhere in the world, even in iraq and antarctica. Im certain you have many of them within a few miles of your home. Best of all, there are so many ways to participate. Some love to create caches. Some just like to find them. Some like to solve the puzzle caches. Its a blast.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

We enjoy hiking, zoos and the Aquarium. Atlanta has a lot to offer in the aquarium/zoo area.

There is a three mile path around Chastain Park that you may enjoy. Do a search on The Path Foundation.

We have found hiking in most any area is a good thing for us to enjoy together.

Give us an update when you get a chance! Have fun. . . .

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Fast, pray, study His word and surrender completely to Him and He will fill your days!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Been better then 35 years since I was in Atlanta but there was a whole bunch of stuff to do there back then. I use to go to church here: http://www.fba.org/ they had a great program for the younger folks ( 18--30) and older. Then there is this:

http://www.atlanta.net/50fun/

Hope this helps, Bless the both of you!

ICL Dennis

We run and bike occasionally on a trail near the house; but I find myself looking at other couples that are all decked out on the trail in top of the line gear and bikes and going fast like they are dedicated to the sport and each other.

Best,

ChristianMaker

Don't buy into the lie that what you see is necessarily true. It's often not the case at all. I commute back and forth to work in cutoff blue jeans and a tee shirt for a reason: its comfortable and cheap. I spent money on a good bike, because there's nothing worse than a cheap bike when you have miles to put in. The cheap bikes just don't hold up, so I spent what I could afford for a good one. I don't want to have to fix the darn thing every day, like I did with a cheap bike I had. Top of line gear might mean someone is going all out for their sport -- or it might just mean they have more money than brains. :) The latter seems to be true more often than not, at least in my experience.

You may want to spend time with your wife in prayer and see what the Lord has for you to do. The first thing I can suggest from scripture is finding a local church to get involved in if you don't already go to one. For the rest, seek the Lord first and He will find things for you to do. :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have been really stressing over this lately. I live near Atlanta and surprisingly I am stuck with what to do as a married couple. Of course we do things. We are going to IMAX theater to watch a movie; just went to a park and visited sub shops around it; went to a new years eve party for a little while at a neighbors house.

I am wondering - was the joy and pleasure of doing things together a problem when you were dating?

Did something change?

But we still felt kind of empty.

This concerns me. Are you able to just enjoy each other's company? Do you need an activity to connect?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Ok everyone now I have the exact opposite problem! LOL!

By jotting down everything that I want to do I have come to the conclusion I can’t do everything. I guess I am going to have to decide what I can do and what I can’t do.

Here is just a list of some of the things I would or need to do.

Community College [Doing Now]

Church

Church Community Groups

Spend time with Wife

Family

Xbox + Electronics

Reading Kindle

Working Out

Bible College [One Class A Semester]

Start my own business

Biking

Hang out

Work Part Time Job

Bible Study

Movies

And a ton more at the moment I can’t think of

So how in the world can I do all of these things in my lifetime? From spending time with my wife to getting a degree to doing all the things people have suggested and what’s on my list? I think I need a serious lesson on time management.

Well in any case all of your replies have been amazing and I am jotting them down because they are a great ideas. I will be definitely trying a lot of them! Please keep the comments coming because I always like new ideas and I certainly need help with my time management.

Best,

ChristianMaker

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So how in the world can I do all of these things in my lifetime? From spending time with my wife to getting a degree to doing all the things people have suggested and what’s on my list? I think I need a serious lesson on time management.

:huh: You don't have to map out your entire day-by-day life.

You asked for a list of activities you could do. There is no requirement to do all things. Just have the list handy, and when you have time to do something pick one, or plan one ahead.

That's all you need to worry about.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

So! Perhaps your next step should be one in time management?

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&p=free+info+on+time+management

Sounds as if you found some interesting ideas.

Only time will tell which ones you decide to settle on, or even juggle, and even then your preferences will probably change as time goes on.

Our goals do tend to change as we accomplish one thing then another, which keeps life interesting and progressive.