• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

When we vote for president. What should we look for in a president. How do we know were gonna vote for right or wrong person.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Seek the Lord until you get an answer.

I am being serious.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I am being serious.

So am I when I say there is no other way! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I am being serious.

That's the best advice. :thumbsup:

When we vote for president. What should we look for in a president. How do we know were gonna vote for right or wrong person.

Don't forget to pray about congressional and local elections too! Local officials often have more direct impact on our lives than who ever happens to be in the White House.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

I am being serious.

Another Amen!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Well, what kind of a person would you want to lead you? Here are some basic guidelines.

1. A believer if at all possible.

2. If not a believer, a person who conducts himself or herself in a decent manner.

3. You will never find a perfect person. We all have sins. Some people have worse sins than others. Obviously you wouldn't want a person recently convicted of a crime, or someone under investigation for a crime (until the matter is settled). A man divorced 30 years ago for example has had space to repent. How does he live NOW? Personal sins are between the offender and God. When one's sins become public knowledge, you then have to decide just how much would that sin affect his ability to govern. If the person was a former bank robber, went to prison, did his time and is living a proper lifestyle now, such a person might be preferable to an adulterer who has been jumping from wife to wife to wife, or an unrepentant homosexual. An infamous person obviously is out of the running but remember...

4. The media loves to dig up dirt. Herman Cain is an example. Mr. Cain, I believe, is still a viable condidate. Something that MAY or MAY NOT have happened 10 years or 20 years ago shouldn't necessarily disqualify a person for running from office. How honest is the person when confronted with the matter? That will tell you a lot. If they try to hide the matter, you may want to think about it long and hard before voting for them. If they are open and candid, I think you might expect them to be that way in office.

5. What kind of campaign do they run? Are they telling you what they will do once elected, or are they constantly smearing the other people running against them?

6. Do the things they intend to do once in office reflect good or evil?

7. What kind of leadership experience do they have?

8. What kind of family life do they have? If their kids are out running wild while Dad or Mom is on the campaign trail, that doesn't bode well for them. If you can't run your house, how are you going to run the country?

9. What kind of people do they associate with? If they hang out with one-worlders and God-haters, they have no right to office.

10. Are they friendly to Christ? Even if they're not a believer, if they treat Believers well, that is a good thing.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/09/1967

I guess I'm kinda weird. I won't vote for an unbeliever at all. If there is no choice, I choose not to choose. I feel like I am accountable for my vote.

Everytime this comes up, this verse keeps coming to me "Render to Caesar what is Caesar's.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I guess I'm kinda weird. I won't vote for an unbeliever at all. If there is no choice, I choose not to choose. I feel like I am accountable for my vote.

Everytime this comes up, this verse keeps coming to me "Render to Caesar what is Caesar's.

I can understand your quote for not wanting to vote for a nonbeliever, I myself would prefer not to. Yet there are many times, including in the Bible when God used nonbelievers to get his works done. Then again that is God's choice and who are we to question God.

I would prefer to vote for a believer, but that's not always an option these days. God is sovereign and can use nonbelievers or believers to do what He wants done.

I'm afraid I have to point out that "choosing not to choose" is a choice in itself and a potentially hazardous one. Not voting in a election is actually voting for whoever wins, because they got the most votes. A few thousand people can change the outcome of a local election, and a few million a national one.

Choosing not to choose Christ for salvation is ultimately a choice for an eternity without Christ.