• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Hello Mizzdy. I am doing a new post because I am unable to reply for some reason on another post.

Thankfully there is NO ACTUAL COMMAND to go to church. It might be suggested or recommended yes, but NOT commanded. The church is supposed to be a body. Scripture says if one member of the body suffers, the whole body is supposed to suffer. That is NOT the case in today's church. One member is able to suffer and the body ignores it. You can say that people are only human or make mistakes. It doesn't matter. Christians are supposed to live life ABOVE REPROACH. Christians are supposed to be the ABSOLUTE best people in society. I look around and I don't see anything. MANY Christians know I am suffering, but to help would interfere either their comfortable happy lives.

Even IF church were a command, church is simply an assembly of believers. Worthy is an assembly of believers. So I AM going to church when I AM on here. Command obeyed.

Taylor, are you going out and visiting sick people? Perhaps you should noidea.gif. Or visit widows. Or orphans.

Can you go out and practice your religion?

Honestly I would love to. Unfortunately I am dealing with my own crisis right now and can't show compassion that I haven't experienced myself.

You might find you comfort each other emot-hug.gif.

But let me tell you something I learned painfully when I felt lonely and incredibly sad. 2 Cor 1. We comfort others with the comfort we have received from God. There is a spiritual lesson in this. We must learn how to sit and receive comfort from God. That is not something anyone else can teach you or impart into you. It is about sitting quietly, listening to Him, reading His Word, believing His promises. Only when you have learned to receive that comfort from God can you comfort others. That comfort is available in the here and now for you. So I urge you not to go through this bitter lonliness for no reason. Learn the lesson, learn how to receive His comfort. And then, cry out to the Lord, Lord if I am to be lonely, at least use that lonliness for your kingdom. Focus on the Lord and others above yourself. Because later on, once you've learned to receive His comfort, He can use you to comfort others. But right now, your focus is "me" and ideally we have died to self and live to serve the Lord, esteeming another higher than ourselves.

I am sure this will sound selfish but I can't get the comfort I require from God. God may be all powerful but he can't give me a hug or a shoulder to cry on. I need PHYSICAL comfort and God can't give me that. I am HUMAN and we require physical comfort which is why God said is NOT good for man to be alone.

Actually, God has provided. In His wisdom, He tells us not to avoid gathering together, as some have become accustomed. The method by which God provides that physical comfort is through His body, the Church. If you choose not to participate in His body in your local community, you are cutting that source of comfort off. Unfortunately, we cannot go to God and demand His comfort, but reject His wisdom that tells us how to receive it.

Apparently you haven't been reading all my posts. I DID go to church. I DID try to fellowship. I DID give people a chance. I only stopped those things AFTER I was rejected by my so called spiritual family. Spiritual family is false. I have NEVER seen ANY Christian show as much love and compassion to a stranger as they do to their own family. I would even go on record here and say that NO ONE on this entire site would be willing to give me their address and let me just stop by for a few days. Yet that is EXACTLY what Jesus would do and if anyone TRULY believes the spiritual family of believers is just as important as the blood family, they would be only too happy to do it. In biblical times it was customary to allow a complete stranger to stay with you for 3 days. Such biblical hospitality does NOT exist today, even among the most true Christians. Unless someone on here wants to prove me wrong.

Taylor, I'll give you my address and prepare a place for you to sleep. When can I expect you?

Love,

Gary

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

ah yes the desire to be with a wife. hmm i remember those days. got married and found out god is right. marriage alone doenst satisify and i need him to be that husband and i learn how carnal i am.

Yes its VERY selfish to want companionship. It has been suggested that CHURCH is the place where we can find companionship. HOWEVER as has been pointed out REPEATEDLY God should be enough. Therefore I would be wrong to do that even in church. Therefore I would like to ask honestly to ANYONE here this question.

If GOD is TRULY all we need, how is it NOT selfish for other people to want wives and friends. Did God himself not create the institution if marriage and friendships? How is it selfish for ME to want these things when its not selfish for others?

I searched this whole thread to see where anyone has told you that it is selfish to want a mate, and have found none. It seems you have added the term selfish yourself.

Scripture tells us that if one can remain single, it is profitable to the Lord, since the single person can focus on Him. Yet, if they desire to marry, it is not wrong and should seek a mate. God never promised to be a matchmaker, though some would point to various scripture to equate them as being so. All He promises is that you will have what you need if you follow Him and His will for our lives.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Apparently you haven't been reading all my posts. I DID go to church. I DID try to fellowship. I DID give people a chance. I only stopped those things AFTER I was rejected by my so called spiritual family. Spiritual family is false. I have NEVER seen ANY Christian show as much love and compassion to a stranger as they do to their own family. I would even go on record here and say that NO ONE on this entire site would be willing to give me their address and let me just stop by for a few days. Yet that is EXACTLY what Jesus would do and if anyone TRULY believes the spiritual family of believers is just as important as the blood family, they would be only too happy to do it. In biblical times it was customary to allow a complete stranger to stay with you for 3 days. Such biblical hospitality does NOT exist today, even among the most true Christians. Unless someone on here wants to prove me wrong.

Taylor (this is personal inside me to you!) I realize that Jesus came here and for 33 years poured out a perfect life and response to everyone He came into contact with and at the end only 4 were there when He suffered and died ... literally thousands of of people had benefited from His life and mercy in miracles and yet 4.... as I watch His response I see a Man/God that did not focus upon His own situation but on that of others all the way to death and even His greatest fear realized when our sin was placed on Him resulting in His Father and Himself Being separated in a horrific yet to understand sacrifice within the very Godhead of eternity... the world of darkness was unable to make the Perfect Son even with the weight of the entire worlds sin upon His Being to hate but remained in love fulfilling the witness of all times

1 Jn 4:8

8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love

NKJV

and by all this I know that you are bringing the needs of the body as more than the needs of the Spirit ... for the Love of Christ in us is

1Cor 13 in which agape love is without the concerns of self and is totally folded out to that of God first then others and with total freedom of the needs within for that is God The Father's responsibilities

Ps 34:9-10

9 Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints!

There is no want to those who fear Him.

10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger;

But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.

NKJV

Ps 37:3-4

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;

Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.

4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,

And He shall give you the desires of your heart

NKJV

Ps 37:18-19

18 The Lord knows the days of the upright,

And their inheritance shall be forever.

19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time,

And in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

NKJV

Ps 84:11

11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;

The Lord will give grace and glory;

No good thing will He withhold

From those who walk uprightly.

NKJV

Mt 19:29-30

29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.

NKJV

Hope and prayers you find a voice other than your own to listen to.... Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

ah yes the desire to be with a wife. hmm i remember those days. got married and found out god is right. marriage alone doenst satisify and i need him to be that husband and i learn how carnal i am.

Yes its VERY selfish to want companionship. It has been suggested that CHURCH is the place where we can find companionship. HOWEVER as has been pointed out REPEATEDLY God should be enough. Therefore I would be wrong to do that even in church. Therefore I would like to ask honestly to ANYONE here this question.

If GOD is TRULY all we need, how is it NOT selfish for other people to want wives and friends. Did God himself not create the institution if marriage and friendships? How is it selfish for ME to want these things when its not selfish for others?

I searched this whole thread to see where anyone has told you that it is selfish to want a mate, and have found none. It seems you have added the term selfish yourself.

Scripture tells us that if one can remain single, it is profitable to the Lord, since the single person can focus on Him. Yet, if they desire to marry, it is not wrong and should seek a mate. God never promised to be a matchmaker, though some would point to various scripture to equate them as being so. All He promises is that you will have what you need if you follow Him and His will for our lives.

If its true that no one has said I am selfish, its an honest mistake that I thought someone had said it. I suppose it is the fact that people seem to think I SHOULDN'T be seeking a wife ( which people HAVE said ). Yes scripture says it is profitable for a msn to stay single, but that is 100% voluntary. House are also right that God says its NOT wrong to want a wife. Please don't assume an honest mistake is necessarily intentional. People HAVE insinuated that I should let God be enough for me and seek a wife.

Taylor (this is personal inside me to you!) I realize that Jesus came here and for 33 years poured out a perfect life and response to everyone He came into contact with and at the end only 4 were there when He suffered and died ... literally thousands of of people had benefited from His life and mercy in miracles and yet 4.... as I watch His response I see a Man/God that did not focus upon His own situation but on that of others all the way to death and even His greatest fear realized when our sin was placed Him His Father and Himself were separated in a horrific yet to understand sacrifice within the very Godhead of eternity... the world of darkness was unable to make the Perfect Son even with the weight of the entire worlds sin upon His Being to hate but remained in love fulfilling the witness of all times

1 Jn 4:8

8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love

NKJV

and by all this I know that you are bringing the needs of the body as more than the needs of the Spirit ... for the Love of Christ in us is

1Cor 13 in which agape love is without the concerns of self and is totally folded out to that of God first then others and with total freedom of the needs within for that is God The Fathers worries

Ps 34:9-10

9 Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints!

There is no want to those who fear Him.

10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger;

But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.

NKJV

Ps 37:3-4

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;

Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.

4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,

And He shall give you the desires of your heart

NKJV

Ps 37:18-19

18 The Lord knows the days of the upright,

And their inheritance shall be forever.

19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time,

And in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

NKJV

Ps 84:11

11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;

The Lord will give grace and glory;

No good thing will He withhold

From those who walk uprightly.

NKJV

Mt 19:29-30

29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.

NKJV

Hope and prayers you find a voice other than your own to listen to.... Love, Steven

There may have been only 4 people at the crucifixion but he has BILLIONS of followers now. Sounds like a great trade to me. He also may have been abandoned by everyone including the Father, but it was only for 3 hours. 3 hours in right of eternity.

And I actually DO listen to everyone on here ( unless you are some physic that can read my mind ) but it seems to me that people are more interested in getting their point across than listening to my viewpoint. I only ask for the same respect you seem to think I'm not showing others.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If its true that no one has said I am selfish, its an honest mistake that I thought someone had said it. I suppose it is the fact that people seem to think I SHOULDN'T be seeking a wife ( which people HAVE said ). Yes scripture says it is profitable for a msn to stay single, but that is 100% voluntary. House are also right that God says its NOT wrong to want a wife. Please don't assume an honest mistake is necessarily intentional. People HAVE insinuated that I should let God be enough for me and seek a wife.

I was not pointing any fingers, just observing. If anyone had said that it was wrong to seek a mate, they would of been corrected by more then me, I am sure. :thumbsup:

I was not pointing any fingers, just observing. If anyone had said that it was wrong to seek a mate, they would of been corrected by more then me, I am sure. :thumbsup:

Thanks for clarifying. GOD BLESS.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

Taylor,

I understand your anger, frustration and bitterness, because I have felt the same way.

But not everything you have said is true. If you are ever in my town, please do let me know and we'll meet up. You can even stay here if I have an extra bed available at the time.

Yes, I have seen Christians who love one another as much or more than family. I was never in that "inner circle" and that bothered me a great deal, but I have witnessed it from afar.

What you have experienced is tough. I won't deny or minimize it. But you can move forward in life one step at a time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

you will see if and when you do get married. you find out how selfish and carnal you are when you do have a child and wife. being single you dont see it. God uses persons to show us things of HIMSELF. a boy has taught me more about god then any sermon and doesnt even know it. you will also learn that christs love for the church is also to be reflected in and by you to your wife. meaning sometimes the wife must come first, and how that is often hard to do as the word teaches marriage is about you get not what you give to each other.

marriage is all about loving someone more then you! that is what i mean.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I would even go on record here and say that NO ONE on this entire site would be willing to give me their address and let me just stop by for a few days. Yet that is EXACTLY what Jesus would do and if anyone TRULY believes the spiritual family of believers is just as important as the blood family, they would be only too happy to do it. In biblical times it was customary to allow a complete stranger to stay with you for 3 days. Such biblical hospitality does NOT exist today, even among the most true Christians. Unless someone on here wants to prove me wrong.

Taylor, please understand that it isn't safe for people to put out their personal info to complete strangers over the internet. And as a single female, inviting a complete stranger to my home who is needy for a relationship would be very unwise.

As I've been trying to encourage you, Taylor, if you want God to bring you your wife, you need to work on being Mr. Right. You need to understand that women are not attracted to neediness. Nor are we attracted to an angry whiner, which to be honest is how your posts have been coming across. I know you are in pain, and pain screams, so I don't mean to diminish that; however, if you go back and read your posts, ask yourself what image you are portraying, and how would a woman who is looking for a man who will love her above himself perceive your attitude?

Women want a spiritual leader, someone they want to follow. It would be cruel of God to give you your mate before you are ready for her. I was raised under parents who fought all the time because both wanted the other to give 100% but neither could give 100% out. Your neediness and your anger will hurt the girl. God is protecting both you and her from severely damaging each other and destroying your relationship. I've had to live this out myself. Just look around you at how many married men are unhappy in their relationship and how many divorces there are. Do you want a quick fix that leads to this end? Or are you willing to do what it takes to work towards permanence?

And I tell you this as someone who has likewise cried to God for human companionship. I do know the pain and agony, and I do know the frustration with churchianity. I was without a church for about 8 years. So I'm not making light of your pain. What I am trying to do is point you towards the way out. Abraham and David and Joseph and numerous other men of God had to spend decades in preparation before God opened their promise and calling to them.

Friendships can't be demanded. You need to be willing to give out. This is how Jesus operated as well.

Praying you get through this trial shining as gold.