Tim Tebow a spiritual warrior

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The mother of Tim Tebow was told she had to have an abortion and she of course, did not listen to the doctor. Now Tim gives honor to God every time he is on the playing field and according to his team mates when he is off the field too. He is a shining role model for all our kids who watch football. May God continue to bless him.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

On another board I read that BibleGateway had 92 million hits for John 3:16 as a result of Tebow wearing it on his face.

What a testimony Tebow was for God!

That is 92 million people who know that God sent his Son so that they may be saved! I pray that every seed planted will ripen into a loving relationship with our Father!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

This guy is really phenomenal in many ways for the Lord.

What a way to get the message of Christ out with the eye black Bible verses with so many people searching the verses out on the net.

Moms/Dads that homeschool out there, take note, Tim Tebow was the youngest of five children, who were all home schooled by his Christian parents from kindergarten though high school. From there, he went to college.

Hope and pray many go beyond the single verse and become Born Again as a result of this!

The below copied and pasted from his father's website: "Bob Tebow Evangelistic Association "

"The following are Bible verses that Tim wore on his “eye black” during his collegiate career:

2008 Season: Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

2008 National Championship: John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Charleston Southern: Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

Troy: Mark 8:36 - For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?

Tennessee: Romans 8:28 - And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Kentucky: Isaiah 40:31 - Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.

LSU: Thessalonians 5:18 - In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Arkansas: Psalms 23:1 - The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Mississippi State: Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

Georgia: Philippians 4:6-7 - Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Vanderbilt: Colossians 3:23 - Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men.

South Carolina: Joshua 1:8-9 - This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Florida International: Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Florida State: Hebrews 12:1-2 - Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

SEC Championship: John 16:33 - These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.

Sugar Bowl: Ephesians 2:8-10 - For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Senior Bowl: James 1:2-4 - Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have it's perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

The day of the game, a cloud halo appeared and you could hear the wonder in the voice of the commentator!

Here's Pastor Paul Begley sharing his excitement...

Tim Tebow Has A Halo Over Denver Stadium? - YouTube

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

When somebody like Tebow is in the limelight, he is in major spiritual warfare. The Devil is and will be trying to knock Tebow down. I think we all should pray for Tebow, that he will be strong enough fight off anything the devil will throw at him. I have no doubt Tebow strong enough spiritually to handle it, but prayer never hurt anybody.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The mother of Tim Tebow was told she had to have an abortion and she of course, did not listen to the doctor. Now Tim gives honor to God every time he is on the playing field and according to his team mates when he is off the field too. He is a shining role model for all our kids who watch football. May God continue to bless him.

Yes, Tim is perhaps one of the most consistent and appealing Christian ambassadors. Really too bad that He would not one day be able to be president, as the man is a leader that God has Blessed.

I see many other wonderful exemplery Christians in Football and Basketball in particular. Sorta strange that Hockey has one or two at best, and baseball is not super high up there either.

It seems to be somewhat of a cultural coaching aspect in Collegiate Football in particular. There may be a lot of kids messing up in the Universities as athletes, but I also see the the great many that have at least been given a better chance. They have heard the message of the Gospel, and even though we know Tim Tebow is not perfect,,, him and many other athletes are making strides.

Minor sports also seem to take a hit. Volleyball is quite liberal, and I know this from experience, also sorta lopsided in a few other smaller college sport events. Just an observation.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Yes, Tim is perhaps one of the most consistent and appealing Christian ambassadors. Really too bad that He would not one day be able to be president, as the man is a leader that God has Blessed.

I see many other wonderful exemplery Christians in Football and Basketball in particular. Sorta strange that Hockey has one or two at best, and baseball is not super high up there either.

It seems to be somewhat of a cultural coaching aspect in Collegiate Football in particular. There may be a lot of kids messing up in the Universities as athletes, but I also see the the great many that have at least been given a better chance. They have heard the message of the Gospel, and even though we know Tim Tebow is not perfect,,, him and many other athletes are making strides.

Minor sports also seem to take a hit. Volleyball is quite liberal, and I know this from experience, also sorta lopsided in a few other smaller college sport events. Just an observation.

According to Obama he can, then maybe Obama's rule only applies to non Christians. :noidea:

Tebow will loose his starting position if Manning takes the starting position with the Broncos. But he is an indoor player and Denver is cold with an open air stadium so I think he will pass on that team. :emot-pray:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

According to Obama he can, then maybe Obama's rule only applies to non Christians. :noidea:

What Obama rule would that be?