Guest Vic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

The Idea the that God is triune is diffently in Scripture but the Idea that God is three persons, no.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/28/1950

Hello Vic.

A lot of thought has gone into your post and I like your style. I think it fails in that you have not capitalised Trinity. If you are interested in a discussion I think this may cause it to go off topic. Still one of the best I've ever seen. Wrong but one of the best.

There are however other passages that depict that the Father and the Son are not equal in all respects and on all occasions. [...for the Father is greater than I.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The Father begat the Son from out of Himself as the firstborn over all of creation when He said, "Let there be light", and Jesus was the only Son that the Father brought forth.

That is a statement that couldn't have been made by anyone who is familiar with the Christian religion.

Christ said "Before Abraham was, I AM". And "He who has seen Me has seen the Father"

Your ramblings might impress the ignorant, but drop the theology of the Holy Trinity and Christianity falls.

You are either someone lost along the way and in need of teaching, or a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Tim:

Moses Aaron and 70 of the elders of Israel saw the God of Abraham. Jesus tells us that no one...... "no one" has seen the father...... only the Son.

So, while I would agree that the God that they saw in the old testament was Jesus in the form of the Word (spoken of in the begining of the bookof John), it was not the Father or the Bible would be broken, or worse Jesus not telling the truth.

The statements tend to show that while Jesus was the image of the Father, he is not the Father.

When you have a doctrine as firm and important as the Trinity seems to be to people, it should agree with "ALL" scripture.

We all agree that there is the Father, Jesus, and the Spirit; and I would agree that we would do great harm to Christianity without the three, but the attributes that are assigned to the three so we can make them into one God, Christianity can exist without.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The other alternative is that you don't understand the basics of the Christian faith. "No one has seen the Father or heard His voice at any time" doesn't contradict the Churches historic teaching on the Trinity.

Well, I have heard many definitions of what the Trinity is over the past 50 years, so I guess I'd have to know which one you are talking about as being the one that the church teaches and for that matter which church you are talking about. :b:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

The Trinity doctrine was introduced almost four hundred years after Christ died around the time of the introduction of the Nicene Creed.

Many doctrines that were introduced hundreds of years later do beg the question, how did the church get along without these doctrines for hundreds of years?

Your ramblings might impress the ignorant, but drop the theology of the Holy Trinity and Christianity falls.

You are either someone lost along the way and in need of teaching, or a wolf in sheep's clothing.

It's personal attacks like these that are designed to shut down discussion rather than encourage it. Such attacks here and now are verbal, but in other eras, and still today in certain lands, these kind of words accompany brutality and murder. This intolorant spirit is religious.

The word trinity is not a bible word. The doctrines to explain this non biblical word are also the reasonings of men, historical or not. The need for men to define the nature of God is pathetic. We are defined by our Creator, we can not fully define God.

The Apostles allowed that "great is the mystery of godliness" and hundreds (now thousands) of years later this great mystery is reduced to the ramblings of men written down, not scripture, but demanded to be accepted as is, yet not scripture, this is a dangerous error.

Careful reading of history will cause you to find many variant understandings among Christians, and not a few times ending with ones killing the other over non biblical but (demanded to be acknowledged) doctrines, terms, explainations, and rules as certain ones tried to rule over another by force.

I have Christian brothers that are "oneness", I have Christian brothers that are "duest" (meaning 2, however spelled), and Christian brothers that are "trinitarians", but for my part, I am willing to allow the bible to speak for God's nature.

I don't understand this great mystery, but through the blood that was shed for me I will one day see Him, and then my earthly ignorance will be enlightened on this matter, I hope.

Another Traveler, thank you for your insightful comments. God's ways are not our ways nor are His thoughts our thoughts.

We want to understand God, but it's really a human impossibility.

Through living a life of love we can strive towards becoming like Christ, but if we could understand and describe God, what kind of God would that be? Not one that we would have any respect for, seeing as we would have Him all figured out. That would make us greater than God.

It is a mystery, and rightly so!

We can offer our insights and interpretations based upon what the Word says in this regard, but none of us have all the answers. Including me.

God bless you all for your responses.

Lovingly in Christ.

Rev. Nott

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

It's personal attacks like these that are designed to shut down discussion rather than encourage it. Such attacks here and now are verbal, but in other eras, and still today in certain lands, these kind of words accompany brutality and murder. This intolorant spirit is religious.

I agree brother. We are none by our fruit.