• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Willa said:

You quoted someone from 2004, wincam.

Many people here have been here for 10 to 15 years!  We are of many diverse denominations.  But like George said, we are Christ centered and wholly base our faith on the 66 books of the Bible.  When people base their faith on other things, like visions and revelations that contradict Scripture, whether it be the prosperity gospel or the doctrines of the immaculate conception and perpetual virginity of Mary, we have lost our common ground.  None of those beliefs can be substantiated by the Bible.  So Worthy 's ideas are working for those who are Both Christ centered and Bible centered.  

So I have to ask, how familiar are you with the Bible?  Do you have an intimate daily relationship with Jesus Christ in which you both talk to Him and hear from Him as confirmed by the Bible?  Or is your relationship with your church and with Mary.  Do your check your churches teaching with the  Bible to see if these things are so the way gypc planned to do?  If your have, do you consider the Bible to be the accurate inspired Word of God?  

if my people will who are called by my name humble themselves ........etc - it is good to see that what has been and is accepted by Worthy is that we are directly responsible for the state of our world and not attributing it to inspiration via the HS and so directly to the HS - so come as even here let us study and discuss,together, to see if these things be so - wincam  

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 10/2/2004 at 11:37 AM, George said:

Hello my brothers and sisters in the Lord,

Most people don't realize the radical experiment we are doing here! I want you to imagine yourself -- hundreds of years ago -- when all the different denominations were starting! While everyone was insisting their beliefs were the "only" correct way to worship God -- they were creating more and more splits and divisions!

What we are trying to do at Worthy Boards is unheard of when you think about it! We are trying to unify the body -- while at the same time protect those fundamental truths that we can all agree with -- the need for salvation through Jesus -- the source for truth for living the Christian life found within the Bible. Read our Statement of faith! This experiment hasn't happened before when you really consider it!

Of course there's the ecumenical movement -- unity for the sake of doctrinal compromises! I'm sorry, but the fundamental doctrines of the faith can't be compromised.

So often though when you have so many different denominations, you have many different avenues of thought that have never been explored by other denominations. Just because a teaching is "different" than one you are used to hearing, doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong -- it may be just different!

But differences of opinion is actually a good thing whether you realize it or not! For God didn't create us to be the SAME body part -- but created us all different so that we could join together to form the body of Christ to compliment each other!

Oftentimes I learn by realizing other avenues of thinking presented by various believers. By allowing various avenues of thoughts we expand our horizons and allow the Spirit of God to realign our thoughts with the mind of Christ and continue our growth in the maturity of the Lord.

So before you run out and cry "heretic" or "false teacher", be sure to carefully listen, and observe what someone is saying. I honestly believe that things "heard through the grapevine" have a way of being twisted -- but if you go to the source then you can carefully examine the fruit -- test the fruit -- and then make a judgment -- oftentimes you may find that the red grape you were expecting to find was just a white grape -- it was just a different color, but when you examined the fruit -- you find out it's still good fruit!

We need to recognize that every word spoken, we will be judged for. And everyone that is hindered from hearing the gospel because someone feels the need to scream - heretic, false prophet, or demeaning someone in some fashion -- let's just say I wouldn't want to be that person sitting before the Lord at the Bema Seat!

This is a problem that I do have and I want to voice my concerns now and I hope you carefully heed these words. When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do? Did Jesus say -- get away from me you prostitute? or get away from me you heathen? or say give me the first stone because I am without sin?

Jesus didn't go closing doors, He went forth OPENING the DOOR so ALL could enter in!

This was the Lord's prayer to the Father before He was crucified! That we may all be ONE! My wife and I don't agree on everything -- but when we disagree -- we agree to disagree! Sometimes it's best to say -- I agree to disagree!

Love breaks down walls of division and covers a multitude of sins! So may the Love of God be abundant in your hearts so that the world can be radically changed through you!

May the love of God be shown in all of your posts!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

It is very very very very very important to God that we be all ONE.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Belivers can indeed Come together in unity when it comes to doctrines. The problem is, however, that we all still live in a sin filled world. As such, there will always be strifes and tussles here and there between us, because we are still sinful people (saved by grace of course). It is only when we reach heaven that we will be in perfect unity.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/05/1981

Well stated George! Far too long have we as a body contributed to and perpetuated an atmosphere where believers seek cause for division and contention as opposed to breaking down those walls. I agree it is critical we not compromise the prinicples and teachings of the Word; thus compromising its integrity. I think to some extent, many simply misinterpret the concept; it is one thing to be in alignment with the Word of God, but another thing entirely to promote man-made tradition and denominational format as though it also is the Word of God. I am with you wholeheartedly, as the purpose of our new ministry, Return to Grace isn't simply about restoring those who fall away; but restoring the Body of Christ to unity and wholeness. If we fight and strive as hard to find common ground as we strive to find contention; we would have a far greater unity and effectiveness in ministry within the Body. We are called to edify, to promote peace, grace, faith, unity, etc.; yet many of us have allowed the state of the body to fragment and deteriorate even if we have not directly contributed to it. I also concur with the approach towards non-believers. The Word of God is a heavy and powerful instrument; and as such, blindly hammering folks with it is quite counterproductive. The Word is living and active; so by its very nature it brings with it a heavy dose of conviction when wielded...however, since things of the Spirit can only be discerned by those of the Spirit...those not born of the Spirit will always perceive it as condemnation rather than conviction. We must not use such a blunt weapon on these fragile hearts; instead simply shine the light of love, peace, grace, patience, forgiveness into their lives. In so doing, we will open the door for God to break up the hardness of those hearts. We will build the trust and true bond that it takes for those people to believe that the God we believe in is reflected in the character we have displayed. Does a cardiac surgeon use a chainsaw?? No, he uses a tiny scalpel to make precision cuts. Just so, simply reflecting the character of Christ can be more productive then blindly swinging our sword for the fences; risking cuttin the heart and soul as much as the sin. God Bless you for the courage to step out and speak truth without borders.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 9/21/2016 at 3:38 PM, SHINY4UJESUS said:

Well stated George! Far too long have we as a body contributed to and perpetuated an atmosphere where believers seek cause for division and contention as opposed to breaking down those walls. I agree it is critical we not compromise the prinicples and teachings of the Word; thus compromising its integrity. I think to some extent, many simply misinterpret the concept; it is one thing to be in alignment with the Word of God, but another thing entirely to promote man-made tradition and denominational format as though it also is the Word of God. I am with you wholeheartedly, as the purpose of our new ministry, Return to Grace isn't simply about restoring those who fall away; but restoring the Body of Christ to unity and wholeness. If we fight and strive as hard to find common ground as we strive to find contention; we would have a far greater unity and effectiveness in ministry within the Body. We are called to edify, to promote peace, grace, faith, unity, etc.; yet many of us have allowed the state of the body to fragment and deteriorate even if we have not directly contributed to it. I also concur with the approach towards non-believers. The Word of God is a heavy and powerful instrument; and as such, blindly hammering folks with it is quite counterproductive. The Word is living and active; so by its very nature it brings with it a heavy dose of conviction when wielded...however, since things of the Spirit can only be discerned by those of the Spirit...those not born of the Spirit will always perceive it as condemnation rather than conviction. We must not use such a blunt weapon on these fragile hearts; instead simply shine the light of love, peace, grace, patience, forgiveness into their lives. In so doing, we will open the door for God to break up the hardness of those hearts. We will build the trust and true bond that it takes for those people to believe that the God we believe in is reflected in the character we have displayed. Does a cardiac surgeon use a chainsaw?? No, he uses a tiny scalpel to make precision cuts. Just so, simply reflecting the character of Christ can be more productive then blindly swinging our sword for the fences; risking cuttin the heart and soul as much as the sin. God Bless you for the courage to step out and speak truth without borders.

Amen. Many people are arguing.

It's okay to disagree about some stuff, but it's not okay to fight and fight.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6

On 10/2/2004 at 3:35 PM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Hi all! I'm new to this forum so I hope you don't mind me jumping in, but I totally agree with what you are saying. We've got to stop tearing each other apart and begin operating in love.   I've said this many times, but sometimes I think Christians are the only species I know who eat their own.

Amen and Amen.

I think the problem is not disagreements but how people handle those disagreements. Some people resort to personal insults and attacks when they disagree with others. Is this the Love of God?

In just a last few days I have heard more personal insults and attacks then I think I will ever hear in real life even from non-christians.

I have heard Christan's calling other Christians:

Heretic

Stupid

Ignorant

Fool

Uneducated

Serpant

Evil

et...

This has got to stop! This has become a poisonous environment where people are walking away hurting. Soon or later your bound to walk away hurt by some poisonous insult.

Its ok to disagree with others but remain in love and respectfully say I disagree and maybe explain why you disagree with out being rude and slinging insults and name calling.

I really feel like moderators need to deal with those that sling personal insults. This does not promote a healthy discussion or Christian environment to learning and growing. Actually it works the opposite.

God bless,

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Birthday:  08/25/1968

I agree that the body should come together and work together for the glory of God and to continue to spread the good news of Jesus Christ. I also realise we are still sinners and complete unity will be on that glorious day when we raised to life with Him. As a body I believe we will only work together when we fully recognise and acknowledge the head and understand there are many parts within the body which are all needed and which are all of the same importance. 

(hopehope this makes sense. I'm new to forum posting ?)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 5/11/2017 at 6:27 PM, JennyF said:

I really feel like moderators need to deal with those that sling personal insults. This does not promote a healthy discussion or Christian environment to learning and growing. Actually it works the opposite.

We try! We are outnumbered. We do not see everything that goes on. We cannot please everyone. Some have thick skins, while others wilt at the thought that anyone could disagree.

Add to that, that this ministry does not exist to provide a Christian social club where no one is offended, and no one can speak their mind. We are multicultural, multinational, multi-denominational, and exist to serve Christ. 

Part of serving Christ, is to reach people for Him. If we censor every objectionable thing, the lost would want nothing to do with us, why drive off the people we want to reach?

In the same way, we can all try to serve others, the lost and the redeemed, with love and patience and tolerance and understanding. If we cannot take an occasional insult or hasty word, how will we withstand real persecution?

Since we (moderators) cannot watch everything said on the forums, it would be helpful, if the members can serve as our eyes, and report things which are in violation of our terms of service, so that we may more effectively, have some influence over our environment here. Thanks for your post and concern.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Thallasa
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2004 at 0:29 AM, Born2BFree said:

A study of the progression of protestantism in history will reveal that the first schizm induced by Martin Luther at Worms produced the first breakaway church from Catholicism and it was soon labled the Lutheran Church. Later... God caused another son to rise with another message of reform against the concreted orthodoxy of the Lutheran Organization. Still later ... another reformer arose and reacted to the new 'denomination'. All protestant denominations were initially reactionary non-conformist radicals despised by the conservative middle-of-the-roaders of their day. So what does this tell the sincere Christian interested in going all0the-way with God? Follow Jesus. He always led from the EDGE of the crowd. He NEVER sought consensus. He introduced controversy from the center of scripture. God is dynamic and the christian experience is also dynamic, or it is nothing more than a hollow shell and a sham. I want religion that is REAL, not just another secret handshake and a bucket of fried chicken. How about YOU>?

Where  are you Born to be free ? An excellent true insight into what God wants from us ,at least now that we have the internet .I could not say it better than you have in the last lines . :th_wave: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

.those not born of the Spirit will always perceive it as condemnation rather than conviction.                           SHINY4UJESUS

:amen:lest we forget that "speaking" what does NOT come from the Spirit will also  condemn &  not Convict     All too often the Born Again Believer  (specially the immature Christian) will be so excited to preach the Gospel & "Save",lol   that they can easily fall into self righteousness    And I know many "immature Christians" that have been Saved for 50 yrs    WE must always seek Gods Will ,His Direction,His Guidance  Speaking when prompted by the Holy Spirit & also zipping it when not

Glory to God !!!  Have a Blessed,Glorious Day in the Lord                    With love-in Christ,Kwik