Ervin

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In the past I have had some interest in Jehovah's witnesses. I also went to the unitarian church for couple of months. I have known a uniting church minister and have gone to some bible study classes.

I am not a Christian, not yet anyway. I have joined this forum in order to join about Christianity from Christians themselves. I am still trying to work out what's the truth. Is it a specific religion true or is the truth best represented by Omnism( Omnism is a belief that all religions contain some truth).

Right now I would like you to tell me what denomination do you belong to and why so that if I decide to go to exclusive Christian church I can make up my mind from the ones you go to.

Thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

In the past I have had some interest in Jehovah's witnesses. I also went to the unitarian church for couple of months. I have known a uniting church minister and have gone to some bible study classes.

I am not a Christian, not yet anyway. I have joined this forum in order to join about Christianity from Christians themselves. I am still trying to work out what's the truth. Is it a specific religion true or is the truth best represented by Omnism( Omnism is a belief that all religions contain some truth).

Right now I would like you to tell me what denomination do you belong to and why so that if I decide to go to exclusive Christian church I can make up my mind from the ones you go to.

Thanks

Ervin,

Since you have stated you are a seeker I have changed your status to show that status when you have decided to follow Messiah and accept Him I will happily and joyfully change your status to believer.

I do not accept that all religions or most contain truth of God, islam claims to be part of the Abrahamic faith yet deny the deity and Messiahship of Yeshua, (Jesus), most of the other so called religions make no claims to a Creator let alone a sovereign God. The bible is what holds His truths no other book has shown itself to be true over and over again, it contains all of what God wishes to show us and learn from.

I do not belong to any denominiation, I am what most call Messianic, I attend a small fellowship and just love it! I dislike all those big megachurches since I think the pastor should know his flock but everyone must decide for themselves. I would suggest you find a small nondenominational church, start reading the bible and pray to God for guideance for your life. We are here to help in any way we can.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

I'm meeting with a small group of believers twice a week. Church organizations have gotten so deep into programs that true discipleship rarely happens. Read your bible and ask God for the truth. The bible says when you seek truth with your whole heart, you will find it.

Just a little advice, Stay clear of groups trying to vie for your mind. Many people have left the watch tower JW, and Mormons and rcc and purpose driven and Islam Buddism even Rabbinic Jewdism and other religions because they started reading their bibles looking for truth. No one ever became one because of reading a bible.

No organization, no religion can save you. God cares about YOU, He is a personal God. He will bring you to a place of truth and you will know He is God. I'm sure many of us will pray for you Ervin.

And remember, when the Truth comes, "Today is the day of salvation". Don't let it slip away.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

Edited by ZEMKE

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

I attend a small Non-Denominational church that teaches the Holy Bible. Our Statement of Faith would be much like that of Worthy Forums. I would recommend that you not waste your time with false cults like the Jehovah's Witnesses who deny the Deity of Jesus Christ. The Statement Of Faith for Worthy Forums would be a good starting point.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you Ervin,

Tell me what you know about Jesus Christ and what the Bible has to say about Him.

I have been going to a Wesleyan Church for well over 10 years now. I used to be a Roman Catholic.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I pray in my bedroom.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Mathijah, if Jesus of the bible is close to accurately described in the bible then I would say he was a good and brave men like Socrates.

Remember that Socrates died a same death due to refusing to accept the wrongful decission of the courts. When I say dame death I mean as an innocent person .Socrates maintained his morals and ethics all the way like Jesus did, no different.

You see I find it hard to believe everything in the bible. However a lots of stuff in the bible is I think spot on truth.

Thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I attend a spiritual hospital, help center, university with the goal of edifying or patching up the infirm and sending them on their way to spread the gospel to every creature.

And on Sunday I go to a Baptist Church since neither a Messianic congregation or the non-denominational I prefer is nowhere near where I reside. I often felt these last four years that God intended me to start the above mentioned definition of what all Churches should be (conduits rather than receptacles / country clubs)... but I keep getting set backs and so I keep to myself... God never calls us to do what he will not enable or empower us to do. So, I may be misreading this calling. I am also somewhat lacking in temperament and patience. Pray for me. The Lord's will be done.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

xoptIOJM29747p_0.gif

Welcome to Worthy.

I accepted Jesus and was filled with the Holy Ghost..Church of God in Christ. I remained and serviced there for 16 years.

I now attend a Non~Denominational Church...been there for 10 years.

• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Mathijah, if Jesus of the bible is close to accurately described in the bible then I would say he was a good and brave men like Socrates.

Remember that Socrates died a same death due to refusing to accept the wrongful decission of the courts. When I say dame death I mean as an innocent person .Socrates maintained his morals and ethics all the way like Jesus did, no different.

You see I find it hard to believe everything in the bible. However a lots of stuff in the bible is I think spot on truth.

Thanks

Thanks for answering.:thumbsup:

There's a difference between Socrates and Jesus. Jesus claimed to be God come in the flesh. While the things He said may be claimed to be admirable and good if He is not speaking the Truth all of the time He is a liar and far from Good. Worse yet, He is the worst sort of man because His lies have created many thousands of millions of followers throughout the last 2,000 years who have spent their lives for His lie.

All of Christs Disciples save one died horrific deaths for a lie and went to their graves holding onto a lie.

How do you explain this?