• Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Revelation 11:18

And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

It seems that some are guilty of destroying the earth. I just wish there was more scripture to pinpoint what that means to God and not what some man thinks God meant by it.

Gary

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

And do you have evidence that there are Christians here who oppose efforts to be responsibly environmentally friendly?

Sure, from some comments that people express on this forum. Discouraging efforts to be environmentally friendly is opposing it, you don't have to out holding signs to do so.

There are always people confusing government attempt to grab power on the pretense of protecting environment, with the need to do something about the problem.

IF you are including me in this just because of my comments:

50% of my power is solar. It costs me a bit more each month but I figure it is worth it.

Because my landscaping is xeriscape and other measures, we have the lowest water use of any residence in the city, confirmed by my city utility and have been like this for years.

What do you do to protect the environment? Recycle cans?

Pfft.

Did I say it is you? If you think I meant it is you then it probably is because, you probably know what I don't know regarding how you are opposing environmental friendly efforts.

udx said:

Sure, from some comments that people express on this forum. Discouraging efforts to be environmentally friendly is opposing it, you don't have to out holding signs to do so.

There are always people confusing government attempt to grab power on the pretense of protecting environment, with the need to do something about the problem.

I would be happy to hold a sign that global warming is a fraud, con game, and scam. Why? - That's what it is. It has nothing to do with protecting the environment.

Do you even know what I am trying to say here, or you just going to keep posting global warming is a scam, like a record player without knowledge of the context?

I am talking about the fact that the world is warming. Do you understand the difference between a fact and what you do with the fact?

If you cannot find counter evidence against the observed rise in water level, shrinking ice and rise in global surface temperature, you are in denial.

Edited by ~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

udx said:

I would be happy to hold a sign that global warming is a fraud, con game, and scam. Why? - That's what it is. It has nothing to do with protecting the environment.

Do you even know what I am trying to say here, or you just going to keep posting global warming is a scam, like a record player without knowledge of the context?

I am talking about the fact that the world is warming. Do you understand the difference between a fact and what you do with the fact?

If you cannot find counter evidence against the observed rise in water level, shrinking ice and rise in global surface temperature, you are in denial.

If you're asking if I disagree completely that man is causing global warming - YES I DO. If you're asking if I think that the attempt to tie man with global warming is a scam, fraud, and con game - YES I DO. So called man-made global warming is one of the biggest hoaxes ever attempted, and I probably know as much or more about the subject than you do. The attempted con game failed and folks found out about the false data and the attempt to hide the false data. I remember a time in my lifetime where so-called scientists were warning of a coming ice age. It all boils down to one simple fact - man has no control over solar activity on the sun. Maybe we could ask Al Gore to go up there and throw ice cubes on it. Of course, Al Gore is another source of hot air. Al Gore and others like him have now made this a silly, debunked subject.

Edited by ~candice~
edited quoted post

udx said:

If you're asking if I disagree completely that man is causing global warming - YES I DO. If you're asking if I think that the attempt to tie man with global warming is a scam, fraud, and con game - YES I DO. So called man-made global warming is one of the biggest hoaxes ever attempted, and I probably know as much or more about the subject than you do. The attempted con game failed and folks found out about the false data and the attempt to hide the false data. I remember a time in my lifetime where so-called scientists were warning of a coming ice age. It all boils down to one simple fact - man has no control over solar activity on the sun. Maybe we could ask Al Gore to go up there and throw ice cubes on it. Of course, Al Gore is another source of hot air. Al Gore and others like him have now made this a silly, debunked subject.

No I am not asking you whether or not global warming is cause by man. I am only pointing out the fact that theEarth is in fact warming, is it so hard to see from the data? I have not once back the stance of global warming is caused by man, but I am open to the possibility of man causing it.

If you know more about the subject than I do, care to provide evidence? You have not provided a shred of evidence proving your points. Besides you have been fighting something completely different that I am not even touching.

Do you have data that proved the data I have provided to be false? You know by failing to provide counter evidence by default you lose the argument?

To prove your point is very simple. Provide counter evidence to show that the sea level is not indeed rising or temperature has not been increasing in the past 100 years.

I am arguing one point and one point only. It is that the Earth has been warming for at least 200 years, you either stick to responding to that point or you are arguing with a wall.

Edited by ~candice~
edited quoted post

.... If you know more about the subject than I do, care to provide evidence? You have not provided a shred of evidence proving your points. Besides you have been fighting something completely different that I am not even touching....

Jesus

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

~

Loehle averaged the data for the 18 sites and produced the plot below, with each point representing 30-year centered average temperature (Figure 2). Loehle notes “The data show the Medieval Warm Period (MWP) and Little Ice Age (LIA) quite clearly.” The plot also shows that 20th century warming is apparently dwarfed by events in the past. If you are curious about the apparent cooling near present, Loehle explains “The series ends with a downtick because the last set of points are averages that include the cool decades of the 1960s and 1970s.” Finally, we learn “It is clear that the 1995-year reconstruction shown here does not match the famous hockey stick shape.” Believe us—we noticed that fact immediately!.......

...... Following publication of the first article, several errors came to light regarding how temperatures were reported from the various locations. At times, they were reported relative to mean global temperature in 1950, at other times, the base year was 2000. Errors regarding smoothing came to light, other issues were raised, and Loehle and co-author J. Huston McCulloch decided to re-do all the calculations, including improvements in terms of confidence intervals.

The improved plot below shows little change from the graph above, although for data reasons, the last point now represents the 29-year average temperature centered on 1935. (Figure 3). The two statistical wizards note “The corrected data continue to show the Medieval Warm Period (MWP) and Little Ice Age (LIA) quite clearly. The confidence intervals” “indicate that the MWP was significantly warmer than the bimillennial average during most of approximately 820 – 1040 AD, at the 5% level (2-tailed). Likewise, the LIA was significantly cooler than the bimillennial average during most of approximately 1440-1740 AD.”

http://www.worldclim...erature-record/

~

And The Heat

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:10

So Do You

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, Ephesians 6:10-19

Care?

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:1-4

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

According to scientific data and experimentation, the earth goes through a series of warming and cooling cycles, which has a natural affect to the climate. There is no doubt that due to greater population that we have added some to the natural balance.

Here is one link that explains a little about the changing that have been seen. Ice Core Research

From what I have read, there are many factors that contribute to each cycle. Man could not of contributed to the earlier cycles.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The confidence intervals” “indicate that the MWP was significantly warmer than the bimillennial average during most of approximately 820 – 1040 AD, at the 5% level (2-tailed).

Right on Joe.

In the 10th century, right in the middle of the MWP, Greenland was in fact green and not an ice covered land. Vikings settled in the area and raised animals and grew food. They also sailed to the New World (Canada). They had a permanent settlement in Greenland and Canada until ... are you ready for this ... the ice came back at the end of the MWP.

It was warmer in the 10th century. For those who believe the climate change hype, I ask this. Was global warming worse for the environment during the 10th century? If no, then how can you say it will be worse now when its not as warm as it was in the 10th century? Was it man caused warming? If not, then how can you claim it is man caused today when it is not as warm as it was back then? Which is normal for Greenland: ice or lack of ice? What is your proof of that claim?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Oh, I'm curious too, to hear the answer. *whistling*