• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Face it. Christ is returning very soon and then all will be well. :thumbsup:

When is very soon ?

Christ will return before the generation passes that saw the fig tree bloom.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

Funny thing about environmental responsibility. Where does one draw the line? The electricity it takes to live the lifestyle we do (refrigerators, stoves, TV, computers, air conditioners, etc.) all has to be taken into consideration. If you think about it, everything that created energy is subject to creating an environmental hazard. What are we willing to give up? The only way to take a step in the right direction is to go back to the pioneer days, but wait, all the burning of wood causes another issue, especially with the worlds population being as high as it is now. We would soon run out of wood!

Technically speaking burning wood releases the same amount of carbon into the atmosphere as if it were to decay naturally, if I recall correctly.

Guest shiloh357

The environment is in no danger from us. More oil leaks from the ocean floor per year than in all of our oil spills combined. Volcanoes do more damage to the atomosphere than alll of our aerosol cans and automobiles. The environment is actually very dangerous for the environment, but it always bounces back. God did not create a world that we can destroy.

When I was in elementary school, the earth was on a cooling trend. The earth goes through cooling and warming treneds to balance itself out. Years from now the earth will undergo another cooling trend.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

The environment is in no danger from us. More oil leaks from the ocean floor per year than in all of our oil spills combined. Volcanoes do more damage to the atomosphere than alll of our aerosol cans and automobiles. The environment is actually very dangerous for the environment, but it always bounces back. God did not create a world that we can destroy.

When I was in elementary school, the earth was on a cooling trend. The earth goes through cooling and warming treneds to balance itself out. Years from now the earth will undergo another cooling trend.

Really? More oil leaks from ocean floor per year than oil spills combined? Care to provide citation for that?

And the citation for the second claim?

The use of dangerous is probably the wrong word. The environment has no inherent interest for self-preservation.

Humans are good at making land uninhabitable though. There are case studies of places where lack of land management cause disaster for the local population.

Funny thing about environmental responsibility. Where does one draw the line? The electricity it takes to live the lifestyle we do (refrigerators, stoves, TV, computers, air conditioners, etc.) all has to be taken into consideration. If you think about it, everything that created energy is subject to creating an environmental hazard. What are we willing to give up? The only way to take a step in the right direction is to go back to the pioneer days, but wait, all the burning of wood causes another issue, especially with the worlds population being as high as it is now. We would soon run out of wood!

Technically speaking burning wood releases the same amount of carbon into the atmosphere as if it were to decay naturally, if I recall correctly.

I doubt that. Burning wood should be a lot more efficient at converting organic compound wood into a gaseous state. Decaying wood naturally would yield a lot more non-gaseous organic compounds that would be utilize by other organisms such as bacteria.

The confidence intervals” “indicate that the MWP was significantly warmer than the bimillennial average during most of approximately 820 – 1040 AD, at the 5% level (2-tailed).

Right on Joe.

In the 10th century, right in the middle of the MWP, Greenland was in fact green and not an ice covered land. Vikings settled in the area and raised animals and grew food. They also sailed to the New World (Canada). They had a permanent settlement in Greenland and Canada until ... are you ready for this ... the ice came back at the end of the MWP.

It was warmer in the 10th century. For those who believe the climate change hype, I ask this. Was global warming worse for the environment during the 10th century? If no, then how can you say it will be worse now when its not as warm as it was in the 10th century? Was it man caused warming? If not, then how can you claim it is man caused today when it is not as warm as it was back then? Which is normal for Greenland: ice or lack of ice? What is your proof of that claim?

Please read my posts more carefully.. At least 3 different times I made it clear that I did not make the cause of warming to be man made.

Looks like once you get your mind set on what you think I'm saying it is hard to change eh?

Quote me, where did I say global warming was man made?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

This breaking news just in....God gives his position on global warming....

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

For those who believe the climate change hype, I ask this.

Please read my posts more carefully.. At least 3 different times I made it clear that I did not make the cause of warming to be man made.

Looks like once you get your mind set on what you think I'm saying it is hard to change eh?

Perhaps you missed that one sentence in my long post where I said for "those who believe the climate change hype".

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

The confidence intervals” “indicate that the MWP was significantly warmer than the bimillennial average during most of approximately 820 – 1040 AD, at the 5% level (2-tailed).

Right on Joe.

In the 10th century, right in the middle of the MWP, Greenland was in fact green and not an ice covered land. Vikings settled in the area and raised animals and grew food. They also sailed to the New World (Canada). They had a permanent settlement in Greenland and Canada until ... are you ready for this ... the ice came back at the end of the MWP.

It was warmer in the 10th century. For those who believe the climate change hype, I ask this. Was global warming worse for the environment during the 10th century? If no, then how can you say it will be worse now when its not as warm as it was in the 10th century? Was it man caused warming? If not, then how can you claim it is man caused today when it is not as warm as it was back then? Which is normal for Greenland: ice or lack of ice? What is your proof of that claim?

What are you railing at then?

If man is not causing in then there is not much we can do to stop the supposed warming.

As I've said, "It's incredibly arrogant to believe that you can destroy something that you did not create."

The Bible is very clear, "As long as there is day and night there will be seed time and harvest."

Ge 8:22

While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

The earth will remain until the consummation and so to will man because man will be here when the Lord returns and the subsequent consummation happens.:thumbsup:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Amen! Come quickly Lord! We've sure made a mess of things. :)