WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Are you saying none of these men are intelligent?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

May I ask what you expect to happen after the crash?

You need look no further than . . . Greece.

Whatever the result would be administered by the person who is President at that time.

I don't mean to sound flippant (I'm not - this is serious stuff) - but at that point it probably won't matter who is president. He (she) will be merely a puppet following the orders of whomever holds our debt - probably the Chinese.

Again - look at Greece. They were so far in the hole as a debtor nation that their "salvation" was not of their own making, but of the European Union.

As a Christian, I know that God (not China) is ultimately in control. All this is nothing new (although going through it will be a new experience for Americans). The rise and fall of empires and nations has happened time and again throughout human history.

This is election season and we're going to hear all kinds of pros and cons regarding political candidates and parties. Christians will be "all over the map" regarding whom or what they are supporting. That's fine - I can respect someone who thinks about a political issue - comes to what they believe is a conclusion based on their understanding of Scripture, and then acts accordingly. I'll respect them even if I don't necessarily agree with their conclusions.

(I know this might come as a shock to some, but Christians DO disagree about some things :o )

To conclude: I celebrated my 59th birthday yesterday - I've had years and years of watching and participating in US elections - since 1972, in fact. (and that vote was for Nixon - look how THAT turned out :24: )

Our nation has been mostly in decline during that whole time - yet every election cycle conservatives are promised "vote for me - I'll get us out of debt" - or - "vote for me, I'll reduce the size of government."

Guess what - with very few exceptions - debt has grown and grown; and with NO exceptions, government has gotten bigger and more intrusive.

We are victims of our own sins - particularly our greed, corruption, ignorance and impatience. Scripture - particularly the OT - has numerous examples showing that even God's people are not immune from the consequences when they commit these sins.

But not to end on a negative note - ultimately God IS in control and he has our best interests at heart (if we're His followers, of course.)

THAT is OUR salvation!

Blessings!

-Ed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

i agree and we christians often look to the politicians to heal america whent its the churchs job to lift up the trash and redeem men with the teaching of the blood atonement.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  730
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/13/1993

Not at all. I believe that some of them are very intelligent. Ron Paul for example, has a large amount of education, being a doctor. I would never dream of insulting his intelligence. Of all the candidates he is one that is never caught in a double bind. However, none of them have the perfect combination of principles, intelligence, charisma and a strong political base on which to win a general election. Going back to the Ron Paul example, he simply does not have the political base to win the GOP nomination let alone the general election. He is just viewed (correctly or incorrectly) as way too radical.

Are you saying none of these men are intelligent...

:24: :24: :24:

When You Really Look At The Job They Are Applying For (Cat Herder-In-Chief)

Maybe It's Wisdom That Is Lacking....

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Are you saying none of these men are intelligent...

:24: :24: :24:

When You Really Look At The Job They Are Applying For (Cat Herder-In-Chief)

Maybe It's Wisdom That Is Lacking....

:24:

Guest Butero

Not at all. I believe that some of them are very intelligent. Ron Paul for example, has a large amount of education, being a doctor. I would never dream of insulting his intelligence. Of all the candidates he is one that is never caught in a double bind. However, none of them have the perfect combination of principles, intelligence, charisma and a strong political base on which to win a general election. Going back to the Ron Paul example, he simply does not have the political base to win the GOP nomination let alone the general election. He is just viewed (correctly or incorrectly) as way too radical.

All of the candidates are intelligent. Romney isn't dumb. The problem I have with him is he is so willing to do anything to win election, he will flip-flop on a dime. Newt Gingrich is very smart. His problem is instability. He is an idea man, and as such, he is willing to tell you what he thinks before he even thinks things through. Santorum is very smart. He has experience in the U.S. Senate, and is up on foreign policy. I have heard him fill in for Bill Bennett on his radio program, and I have no doubt he is able to lead the nation. Ron Paul is smart, but he is extreme. He is so desiring to follow the Libertarian line, he does so when it won't work in today's society. Even Obama isn't stupid. He has a radical agenda, and is following it to destroy this nation as we know it.

I would agree that none of the GOP candidates are charasmatic, and that is a problem, but in this election, it will be as much about Obama as his opponent. There are many of us just waiting to vote for anyone not Obama. You could put the name Crusty the Clown on the ballot against Obama, and we would vote for him. Absolute disgust at the current President is just as much of a motivation in this election as desire to elect the Republican candidate.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

You are overlooking the anger towards Obama.

Will that make a difference? Just look at how many on this website are willing to not vote for the republican nominee if it turns out to be romney even tho it means obama will end up being elected.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

I celebrated my 59th birthday yesterday

Happy belated bday.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

You are overlooking the anger towards Obama.

Will that make a difference? Just look at how many on this website are willing to not vote for the republican nominee if it turns out to be romney even tho it means obama will end up being elected.

I've heard the same from people not on this site as well. Romney is someone's choice....but he's not the conservative Christian choice.