IGNORED

Voter Identification

joi

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we be required to provide an ID to vote?

• Yes
    • No

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

In Louisiana....(well in my hometown)...we are asked for id. I think it's wonderful....

We have enough stuff going on... before and after..... every election to have to deal with a loser trying to take advantage of his lost...by saying people was allowed to vote...and shouldn't have.

I didn't know you were a Louisianaian, so am I.

Yeah, we need to stop the "dead" from voting if you know what I mean.

:wub:...you probably forgot..we touched base on that when you first joined. Before your move to BR..we resided in even closer cities.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,727
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

absolutly, last I checked only citizens are allowed to vote, I don't really think its a crime asking someone to prove it. Funny, if any other country required proof of citizenship such as a photo ID, no one would bat an eyelash. If America does it? and seriously, even if you are illegal making a fake ID is pretty easy these days. . .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

As an American citizen, why should it bother me to show a ID and prove that I am.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

This is why I asked about voter ID

Bet on the feds to throttle state's new voter-ID law (Sid Salter) - Mississippi Press

States included in the "covered jurisdiction" by the Voting Rights Act include Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas and Virginia. There are also counties in California, Florida, New York, North Carolina and South Dakota as well as some cities in Michigan and New Hampshire that are included.

The Voting Rights Act provides extensive federal oversight of elections administration in states with "a history of discriminatory voting practices."

More: http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-opinion/2012/03/bet_on_the_feds_to_throttle_states_new_voter-id_law_sid_salter.html

IMHO, the only reason the politicians fight the voter i.d. laws is because they want the illegals they court favor with to vote for them. EVERYONE has an i.d.; you can't do anything without one. I heard some talking head say it 'disenfranchises the poor'. Baloney; you can get a FREE state i.d. if you need one and I've never known an American who had no driver's license or state i.d. You couldn't even rent a movie without one or the other.....:whistling:

This is absolutely true that everyone has to have ID MG. I had forgotten that a relative of mine was disabled, but even she had to have a picture ID. Anyone dealing with Social Security or Medicare/Medicaid has an ID on some sort.

I do not want to disenfranchise anyone who has a right to vote, but this is patently untrue that having to have ID would do that.

Politics at play here, and they say as much in the article.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Here in Ohio before voting we've had to produce a photo ID for as long as I can remember. I agree with the others here, it makes perfect common sense.

The only ones who're screaming like stuck pigs about it are the Democratic party. Why? Simple: much of their power base is derived from illegals, or in some cases, the dead (ever hear of Chicago politics?). No wonder they hate the idea of voter ID; if it passes, there go a lot of their "votes."

But then the Dems always have been long on gall and short on brains. :P

Edited by John Robinson

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

IMHO, the only reason the politicians fight the voter i.d. laws is because they want the illegals they court favor with to vote for them. EVERYONE has an i.d.; you can't do anything without one. I heard some talking head say it 'disenfranchises the poor'. Baloney; you can get a FREE state i.d. if you need one and I've never known an American who had no driver's license or state i.d. You couldn't even rent a movie without one or the other.....:whistling:

This is absolutely true that everyone has to have ID MG. I had forgotten that a relative of mine was disabled, but even she had to have a picture ID. Anyone dealing with Social Security or Medicare/Medicaid has an ID on some sort.

I do not want to disenfranchise anyone who has a right to vote, but this is patently untrue that having to have ID would do that.

Politics at play here, and they say as much in the article.

Joi, here in Oklahoma you either have to have your voter ID card or a picture ID or you don't vote a regular ballot. You can mark a special ballot, but it isn't counted until you're checked out....... The people who man the voter stations here where we vite know me personally, but I still had to show that ID.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Yes - most definitely - an ID should be required before voting. This would stop a lot of voter fraud.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

I'm surprised you don't need proper ID to vote, and that requiring ID to vote is even up for debate.