Can we please....get back to the topic?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

ANOTHER sinner pm me. i can walk you through the less popular but more exigically correct argument on theres not a human form of the ac coming again.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Dani, I just so happened to be in 2 Thessalonians today during my current read through the new testament. I love how God pairs these things up as he is my cause for all I do.

<< 2 Thessalonians 2 >>

King James Version

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

What jumped out at me today was that which begins in verse 10. As has been our conversation thus far, there are many professing Christ who don't actually follow him. The truth of this can be seen by the wide variety of doctrines freely available to pick and choose from. Notice, in verse 10 it speaks of those who are deceived who are they that perish because they did not receive the love of the truth that they might be saved. And it specifically says that God will send them a strong delusion that they should believe a lie that leads to their damnation. What I notice again is that it doesn't mean that they each believe the same lie. While everyone is busy wondering what the lie might be they have been surrounded by heretical lies that are keeping millions out of the kingdom of God.

We have a bible that claims that if we come out of them (unbelievers) and be separate that God will walk in us and we will be his children. Our bible claims that Gods children know the truth because they have received the Holy Spirit and he guides them into all truth. If these churches were filled with the Holy Spirit then all would easily be in agreement and of one mind through the Holy Spirit, same as with this forum. If we have the same 'inner witness' to the truth then we will be of one mind striving for the gospel and working as ambassadors for Christ having God work in us to reconcile the world unto himself. Instead one doesn't find this in our current 'church' body but a schism. A divide. And they all think they are going to 'heaven'.

The spirit of Antichrist is strong especially in those that teach that you cannot be like Christ in this life.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Dani, I just so happened to be in 2 Thessalonians today during my current read through the new testament. I love how God pairs these things up as he is my cause for all I do.

<< 2 Thessalonians 2 >>

King James Version

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

What jumped out at me today was that which begins in verse 10. As has been our conversation thus far, there are many professing Christ who don't actually follow him. The truth of this can be seen by the wide variety of doctrines freely available to pick and choose from. Notice, in verse 10 it speaks of those who are deceived who are they that perish because they did not receive the love of the truth that they might be saved. And it specifically says that God will send them a strong delusion that they should believe a lie that leads to their damnation. What I notice again is that it doesn't mean that they each believe the same lie. While everyone is busy wondering what the lie might be they have been surrounded by heretical lies that are keeping millions out of the kingdom of God.

We have a bible that claims that if we come out of them (unbelievers) and be separate that God will walk in us and we will be his children. Our bible claims that Gods children know the truth because they have received the Holy Spirit and he guides them into all truth. If these churches were filled with the Holy Spirit then all would easily be in agreement and of one mind through the Holy Spirit, same as with this forum. If we have the same 'inner witness' to the truth then we will be of one mind striving for the gospel and working as ambassadors for Christ having God work in us to reconcile the world unto himself. Instead one doesn't find this in our current 'church' body but a schism. A divide. And they all think they are going to 'heaven'.

The spirit of Antichrist is strong especially in those that teach that you cannot be like Christ in this life.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Gary,

Thank you for sharing these passages with me. At the time, I have been deeply troubled...perhaps even shaken by all that I am learning and seeing going on around me in the world today.

So this verse could not have come at a better time. The bible truly is a valid resource in this day and age. For as you said, there is a great deal of division. This is in truth, the reason why I claim myself non-denominational despite my attendance at a Methodist Church. Many messages are preached, but how many do we know for certain are really in line with scripture? By no means am I saying doubt everything that is taugh or revealed unto us. Rather.....check with God first, before asserting and assuming what is spoken by another person, is true.

Learning what I have and am of other religions, so as to be better equiped to see the deceptions as well as beliefs others have.... I think in a sense, I am opening my eyes to what Satan and those who serve him...are all about. In short, Self Image....Self Promotion....and the outright denial or removal of God.

The hard part or most difficult thing for me to grasp, is that there is any chance of me coming remotely close to what Jesus is and was to us.

May God Bless You

Dani

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The hard part or most difficult thing for me to grasp, is that there is any chance of me coming remotely close to what Jesus is and was to us.

May God Bless You

Dani

Dani, yes but only if you believe in your heart that it is possible through sanctification of the spirit by the word of God. If you don't believe then it isn't possible. Build on what you have. Romans teaches that it is from faith to faith. You used to have no faith. Then you moved to a place of faith. Your faith has since increased. It is a path you are walking that ends in the fullness of the maturity that is in Christ Jesus. The just shall live by faith. Don't look back, just keep moving forward.

Gary

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1976

I guess you see yourself as a Prophet?

No. But if your definition of a prophet is: one who proclaims 'the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy' (Revelation 19:10). Then yes. I can only claim that which is proclaimed.

I am afraid you are misusing scripture also.

It is about the required number of witnesses to testify about something. That's why the religous Jews needed two witnesses to testify against Jesus.

Can you provide facts instead of platitudes?

The Scriptural facts are located at: The Beast's relationship

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

How many people have claimed they know the identity of the anti Christ, each with their own interpretation of the same scriptures in Daniel and Revelations "proving" their assertions, all of which were exposed as liars?

Isaiah 28:13 "But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken."

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

ANOTHER sinner pm me. i can walk you through the less popular but more exigically correct argument on theres not a human form of the ac coming again.

Theres not another ac coming? theres not a great trib coming before His return?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Types help to illuminate doctrine. We can learn more about the ac's character from biblical types. We've mentioned Judas and him being called the son of perdition and the ac being called the son of perdition, 2h. 2:3 and also the disciples not knowing who he was until it was made known as we also learn in Thess. the lawless one will be revealed. But when we read about Judas we can learn something about the character of the son of perdition.

Johns account: Jn. 12:3-6

Mary then took a pound of very costly perfume of pure nard, and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped His feet with her hair; and the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. But Judas Iscariot, one of His disciples, who was intending to betray Him, said, "Why was this perfume not sold for three hundred denarii and given to poor people?" Now he said this, not because he was concerned about the poor, but because he was a thief, and as he had the money box, he used to pilfer what was put into it.

A few obvious things, he likes money, he is a liar and a thief, and only fakes having an interest in the poor for personal gain. But if we look at the other gospel accounts of this event we find something else about Judas

Marks account, Mk. 14:4

But some were indignantly remarking to one another, "Why has this perfume been wasted?"

Matthews account, Mt. 26: 8-9

But the disciples were indignant when they saw this, and said, "Why this waste? For this perfume might have been sold for a high price and the money given to the poor."

So in Johns account Judas said it, in Marks account some of them said it and in Matthews account all of them said it. What we have here is a case of the Holy Spirit showing us how influencing Judas was and just how influencing the antichrist will be. The man pulled a lot of weight with the disciples and so too will the ac attempt to do the same.

Judas and the lawless one are the only two persons to be demon possessed by Satan personally.

Edited by ZEMKE

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Theres not another ac coming? theres not a great trib coming before His return?

There never WAS a single antichrist to begin with, unless one considers the Spirit of Antichrist. John said that the early church had heard Antichrist was coming, but later, when John writes again, he states 'this is that spirit of Antichrist which you heard would come.' (I John 4:3) This makes it pretty clear that what the church had heard about was the spirit of antichrist, not an individual dictator persona.

Revelation 20 clearly lays out what will happen before the coming of the Lord, ignore it at your own risk. I have pointed out numerous obvious attacks of Gog and Magog here on the forum in the past, all I have ever received for the trouble is ridicule and scorn.