• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1976

Does Revelation ever use the term "Anti-Christ"? Or is it just "the Beast"?

No. Just "the Beast" or "the Beast out of the Sea" or "the first Beast".

If one is looking for some major political figure who embraces evil, that is certainly possible as well.

Yes it is.

I suppose those who follow truth will know that person's identity when the time arrives.

Yes we do. That time has arrived.

Edited by kevinsball

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

No. Just "the Beast" or "the Beast out of the Sea" or "the first Beast".

If one is looking for some major political figure who embraces evil, that is certainly possible as well.

Yes it is.

I suppose those who follow truth will know that person's identity when the time arrives.

Yes we do. That time has arrived.

oooouuuuuuuuuuu. that's gonna raise some eyebrows.....

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

We can look at this from the aspect of deception. The world is already deceived, the spirit of antichrist has been at work from the beginning. It is born again Christians he is after. If he can weaken us by getting us concerned about this life at this time, as he has been extremely successful, instead of deny ourselves and picking up our cross it's go into therapy and examine ourselves, or hope in our investments or Bill Hybills charisma or Rick Warrens peace plan, or destroy our faith in any manner, it doesn't matter to him. He takes no pleasure in pleasure. Evil is Evil. Pure.

Jesus prayed to the Father asking that He would keep us from the evil and then went on to pray "Sanctify them in thy truth, thy word is truth" Jn. 17:17

"Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

The spirit of antichrist will use anything of this world to get the Jews out of Jerusalem, even deceived Christians, because he is also after the Jew. I believe the Jews need to be in Jerusalem for Jesus to return. There is a King to sit on the thrown of David. The Jews are in Jerusalem, as of 1967. "And they will look on Him whom they have pierced." The spirit of iniquity will do anything to deceive the Jews to get a foothold in Jerusalem to wipe them out. We are living this. Deny it all you want but it is happening. Every time a nation tries to convince Israel to carve up Jerusalem something happens. 9/11, economic down turn, credit rating. Look at the nations messing with Jerusalem, we are a mess. "Jerusalem will become a burdensome stone to all nations round about and anyone that tries to lift that stone will be crushed."

This is now. Not a theology, not a perspective, but current event.

There have been many world leaders of evil. The bible is full of them, world history is full of them and to say there will not be a coming evil world leader is in itself a form of deception. This world is going down and we are the only ones that truly know it. We are also the only ones that know the way of escape. Jesus said "This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world and then the end will come." Matth. 24 John the Baptist preached "Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand." It's time we follow the instructions.

The antichrist isn’t after a Christian, a Christian is Christ like and has what Jesus had and the antichrist is already defeated and has no power over us at all. It is those who say they follow the way of Christ yet deny to be like Him are the deceivers and antichrist. One can stand in a pulpit and teach the law and look holy but if he denies he can have and be as Jesus was is totally against the one God sent to teach and give for us to be. It is Christ in you who makes us one with Him and as He is and walk in His light even as He is in the light. How many actually follow the way of Christ? I tell you few who find His way and are like Him.

As in John 17 we who have received are one with the Father we are the same, same mind, Spirit. In this the antichrist has no part. It is those who are not like Him who are against Him even though they say they are of Christ. The revealing factor is we have the same things in us Jesus had in him and display the same as he did.

Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

We can look at this from the aspect of deception. The world is already deceived, the spirit of antichrist has been at work from the beginning. It is born again Christians he is after. If he can weaken us by getting us concerned about this life at this time, as he has been extremely successful, instead of deny ourselves and picking up our cross it's go into therapy and examine ourselves, or hope in our investments or Bill Hybills charisma or Rick Warrens peace plan, or destroy our faith in any manner, it doesn't matter to him. He takes no pleasure in pleasure. Evil is Evil. Pure.

Jesus prayed to the Father asking that He would keep us from the evil and then went on to pray "Sanctify them in thy truth, thy word is truth" Jn. 17:17

"Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

The spirit of antichrist will use anything of this world to get the Jews out of Jerusalem, even deceived Christians, because he is also after the Jew. I believe the Jews need to be in Jerusalem for Jesus to return. There is a King to sit on the thrown of David. The Jews are in Jerusalem, as of 1967. "And they will look on Him whom they have pierced." The spirit of iniquity will do anything to deceive the Jews to get a foothold in Jerusalem to wipe them out. We are living this. Deny it all you want but it is happening. Every time a nation tries to convince Israel to carve up Jerusalem something happens. 9/11, economic down turn, credit rating. Look at the nations messing with Jerusalem, we are a mess. "Jerusalem will become a burdensome stone to all nations round about and anyone that tries to lift that stone will be crushed."

This is now. Not a theology, not a perspective, but current event.

There have been many world leaders of evil. The bible is full of them, world history is full of them and to say there will not be a coming evil world leader is in itself a form of deception. This world is going down and we are the only ones that truly know it. We are also the only ones that know the way of escape. Jesus said "This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world and then the end will come." Matth. 24 John the Baptist preached "Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand." It's time we follow the instructions.

The antichrist isn’t after a Christian, a Christian is Christ like and has what Jesus had and the antichrist is already defeated and has no power over us at all. It is those who say they follow the way of Christ yet deny to be like Him are the deceivers and antichrist. One can stand in a pulpit and teach the law and look holy but if he denies he can have and be as Jesus was is totally against the one God sent to teach and give for us to be. It is Christ in you who makes us one with Him and as He is and walk in His light even as He is in the light. How many actually follow the way of Christ? I tell you few who find His way and are like Him.

As in John 17 we who have received are one with the Father we are the same, same mind, Spirit. In this the antichrist has no part. It is those who are not like Him who are against Him even though they say they are of Christ. The revealing factor is we have the same things in us Jesus had in him and display the same as he did.

Joe

Hi Joe,

While understanding what your saying the question would have to be asked "then what is persecution all about?" Jesus warned of deception more than anything else in Matthew 24 and also vs. 9 "Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations on account of My name." How many epistles can we read without being warned of deception. Television broadcasts 24/7 mostly false doctrine and lies to extort money from the have nots. A church of thirty thousand in Texas being led by a guy who says he is more of a motivational speaker. If we couldn't be deceived why are we warned about it? If we couldn't be touched by the spirit of antichrist then why persecution?

Yes, the way of escape from this present world is in Christ and the way of protection and being kept from the evil one is in Christ. But the reality that persecution does happen and deception is abundant is in itself an exhortation to remain in Christ and be sober, diligent, being able to snatch a brother out of the fire hating even the garment polluted by the flesh. Jude

Yes our joy, our peace, our safety is in Him. In Jesus we are eternally secure, we are sanctified in the truth, his word is truth and yes we are to be like Him and can be, but the way of Jesus is the way of the cross, "Deny yourself, pick up your cross and follow me." He was obedient unto death.

Our hope is in the resurrection unto life everlasting. We all have a ministry in this life at this time and deception is aimed to keep us from it. Hoping in this life, being temporal minded.

As I said, the world is already deceived, we have the truth. If the evil isn't after us then who?

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I have heard it said:

Obama is the AntiChrist

Islam is the AntiChrist

The Pope is the AntiChrist

---(Insert Name)----- Is the AntiChrist

But.....

What Does The Bible Tell Us About The AntiChrist?

How will we know who he is?

Are there signs we need watch for?

What are they?

Please reply with Scripture. This is more or less a means to better understand what God's word says of the greatest enemies mankind is to face in the nearing future, if not, is already presently facing.

The war for Christ is ever present and has not ended, in fact...it seems it is only begining.

But...will we be ready? Whose side will we be on in the end?

1Jo 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Anti-Christ isn't necessarily a single person, but a spirit. It COULD be both. I heard a convincing sermon that the Roman Emperor Nero --- who hated Christianity --- was the anti-Christ. Maybe there have been others. Maybe there will be others to come. One could certainly say the current president of Iran (whose name I never can seem to spell correctly) is an anti-Christ. Some Muslim leaders might qualify as well.

When compared to other world leaders, I don't see any US figure as more evil. Americans often forget how good they have it compared to other parts of the world, where many Christians are tortured and killed for their faith.

If one is looking for some major political figure who embraces evil, that is certainly possible as well. But I'm one to play the "pin the tail on the Anti-Christ" game, as it changes too frequently. I suppose those who follow truth will know that person's identity when the time arrives.

Only one apostle uses the term antichrist. That's John. None of the others use it. Jesus never used it either. John says an antichrist is someone who doesn't believe that Jesus came as a man (i.e.-'in the flesh'). That was the teaching of Gnosticism. The spirit of antichrist was the spirit behind Gnostic teachings.

Revelation never mentions antichrist because the events in Revelation preceded Gnosticism.

Only one apostle uses the term antichrist. That's John. None of the others use it. Jesus never used it either. John says an antichrist is someone who doesn't believe that Jesus came as a man (i.e.-'in the flesh'). That was the teaching of Gnosticism. The spirit of antichrist was the spirit behind Gnostic teachings.

Revelation never mentions antichrist because the events in Revelation preceded Gnosticism....

Speaking Of The Phony Christ, Jesus Did Say

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. John 5:43

And Brother John Goes On

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 1 John 2:18

In The Spirit

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22

To Deal

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 1 John 4:3

With

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 2 John 1:7

Liars

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. 2 Peter 2:1-3

~

The False Prophet Finally Meets With The Wrath Of God

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. Revelation 19:20

~

....Anti-Christ isn't necessarily a single person, but a spirit. It COULD be both.... I suppose those who follow truth will know that person's identity when the time arrives....

Dear Mark Got It Right

Love, Joe