• Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Just yesterday at a family dinner night, I had one of my in-laws ask me:

"Are you some sort of internet evangelist or something?"

It was awkward. Yet this in-law had seen much of my posts on facebook. My daily to weekly bible studies are posted there in a group I have called :Bible Explorers. Otherwise I have a blog on Xanga and Livejournal that I use for just the purpose of sharing God's Word with others.

Guess what I am trying to ask here is:

Is it normal that I would feel awkward about this?

How can I address this question when and if it is asked again?

I am by no means...a priest...prophet....or anything.

I am just a person, an individual who sins and seeks to walk away from such by living my life for God as much as I can.

Really do not know how to feel here....

Thoughts?

May God Bless You

Dani

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Dani,

So many miss that what we do on the net is much the same as what we could do in real time if we had the chance to do so. I am disabled I cannot go out and meet people and talk to them about God, it took me a long time to realize I was serving Him on the net. I dont think you should feel bad at all but rejoice in the fact that you can share His words with others through this vast medium. We have had several coming to our fellowship, those travelling through here as well as coming to live, because I have met them online, now cant say thats not going about His business! :thumbsup: We should never feel upset or shame for sharing His words with others, if she asks or comments again just say you cannot contain the joy and love He has given and you just need to share! Hope that helps a bit.

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Dani, simply tell whoever it may be exactly what you just told us....."I am by no means...a priest...prophet....or anything.

I am just a person, an individual who sins and seeks to walk away from such by living my life for God as much as I can."

That says it all. :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Is it normal that I would feel awkward about this?

How can I address this question when and if it is asked again?

As an introvert who has struggled with insecurities . . . I have a hard time when pressed like this, too.

Would something like this work -

I'm just expressing what's on my heart. Partake if you would like, or pass it by if you don't.

• Group:  Senior Member

Thank all of you for your insight. It is strange, but seeing as I had never been approached before....I had not thought anyone read my postings. Then that is what those posts were made for, to read, for any who wanted to seek or know a bit about God. I have sent out invites to online bible study to various friends and family to never have anyone join. So guess it just really took me for surprise that anyone would even ask.

I am pretty introverted myself...and self esteem, well...it has been an off and on issue for me throughout my life.

You all have given such insight on here as to responses, feelings, and thoughts. It is much appreciated.

Thanks Again

May God Bless You

Dani

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

How do I put this in writing. But perhaps you could speak of it this way. Just as someone who has just saw a new movie or bought something new, for example a kindle or new cell phone. They are excited about it and share with everyone about something that is a joy to them. The conversation might go something like this...Hey !, I just got a kindle, it is so cool. The same could be said for meeting someone.

You are doing the same, Jesus means a lot to you, just as a person or other item is important to them, and you would like others to share your joy too; by telling them how much joy there is in your life because of him. I’m sure your in laws share with you about the friends they have and the things they enjoy doing together. You and those online you are chatting with enjoy talking about Jesus. Just as your in laws enjoy chatting about friends, places, or the things they have.

• Group:  Senior Member

How do I put this in writing. But perhaps you could speak of it this way. Just as someone who has just saw a new movie or bought something new, for example a kindle or new cell phone. They are excited about it and share with everyone about something that is a joy to them. The conversation might go something like this...Hey !, I just got a kindle, it is so cool. The same could be said for meeting someone.

You are doing the same, Jesus means a lot to you, just as a person or other item is important to them, and you would like others to share your joy too; by telling them how much joy there is in your life because of him. I’m sure your in laws share with you about the friends they have and the things they enjoy doing together. You and those online you are chatting with enjoy talking about Jesus. Just as your in laws enjoy chatting about friends, places, or the things they have.

Little,

You basically captured my feelings in writing, or text. There are days that it is like my cup is overflowing and I just...I just want to share. There are so many of my friends or people that I know too...who are really lost right now. Others that just....do not know Him. Some who even close to mock Him. It is hard not to want to try to share and hope that maybe...just maybe...the door in their heart will open and He will be let in.

Thank you.

May God Bless You

Dani

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/27/1966

I can see how that might make someone uncomfortable.

But, hey, the people here are just as real as people you meet at the supermarket, at school, work or anywhere else.

While on this topics, let me just say a personal word of thanks to you, Dani, and Mizzdy and Nebula and Morning Glory and Little Brown Church. I really have enjoyed reading your posts and chatting with you. Each of you have blessed me and contributed to my understanding of who/what God is. Thank you!!

Edited by Mark2005