Hall7

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

Another thing I'm wondering about is a missing gap in the Bible. The part where Adam and Eve got thrown out of the garden, then had two sons, and these sons went to a city to find their wives. Where did that city come from? Were there more humans created while Adam and Eve were in the garden?

This is a common question with a simple answer. Read Genesis 5:4. Adam lived for 900 years. It is a misconception that Cain left immediately in life. Adam an Eve likely had hundreds of children in those 900 years. The reality is that Cain easily could have found tat city at age 200 or 300. Obviously Adam and Eve had kids that moved on and settled land and built cities BEFORE Cain committed the first murder.

Does anyone here know why God decided to create human beings? And why did He place Adam and Eve in a garden where Evil was already present? Was it because the future of mankind was already pre-destined and they needed to learn right from wrong?

Why did God create human beings?

For his pleasure. Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

What makes you think evil was already present when they were created?

Genesis chapter 1 says that God created man on day six both male and female and that he gave them the fruit of the trees and the herb of the field to eat. Genesis chapter 2 & 3 speak of the creation of Adam and Eve plus their fall. He gives them the fruit of the trees to eat except one in the morning then upon their fall he gives them the herb of the field to eat. In the end it must be understood that their fall was planned and executed on day 6 of creation. At the close of the day God looked at fallen man and said that everything was 'very good'. All going according to plan. He did not say it was 'perfect'. No. He had a plan to make it perfect and we are about 6000 years into the plan and about to close the age of the gentile church. God has always been in full control.

Gary

Was the serpent (Satan) evil. Did he exist before Adam and Eve?

Satan existed as the Angel Lucifer when Adam and Eve were created. However since Giddy called his creation VERY GOOD evil could nite yet have existed. Therefore Satan sinned and fell sometime AFTER Adam and Eve were created.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Does anyone here know why God decided to create human beings? And why did He place Adam and Eve in a garden where Evil was already present? Was it because the future of mankind was already pre-destined and they needed to learn right from wrong?

For his pleasure. Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Genesis chapter 1 says that God created man on day six both male and female and that he gave them the fruit of the trees and the herb of the field to eat. Genesis chapter 2 & 3 speak of the creation of Adam and Eve plus their fall. He gives them the fruit of the trees to eat except one in the morning then upon their fall he gives them the herb of the field to eat. In the end it must be understood that their fall was planned and executed on day 6 of creation. At the close of the day God looked at fallen man and said that everything was 'very good'. All going according to plan. He did not say it was 'perfect'. No. He had a plan to make it perfect and we are about 6000 years into the plan and about to close the age of the gentile church. God has always been in full control.

Gary

Satan existed as the Angel Lucifer when Adam and Eve were created. However since Giddy called his creation VERY GOOD evil could nite yet have existed. Therefore Satan sinned and fell sometime AFTER Adam and Eve were created.

I understand your logic as to thinking that God would not have declared everything to be 'very good' if evil were present but what then do you do with the information I provided above? I believe evil was present when God made that statement and I have provided scriptural evidence to support that claim.

Gary

Gary

I understand your logic as to thinking that God would not have declared everything to be 'very good' if evil were present but what then do you do with the information I provided above? I believe evil was present when God made that statement and I have provided scriptural evidence to support that claim.

Gary

You didn't really mention specific scripture. You only said Genesis 1-3. I think the answer is pretty clear. There is NO sin or fall mentioned until chapter 3. Since Adam and Eve were created in chapter 1, I don't understand your logic. There is NO indication any type of evil or sin existed before chapter 3. Chapter 2 is an expansion of chapter 2, specifically the 6th day of creation.

Can you show specific scripture that shows evil already present when Adam and Eve were created? Keep in mind that it is likely Adam and Eve were in the garden for as long as 100 years before Satan tempted Eve and got them kicked out if the garden.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

And why did He place Adam and Eve in a garden where Evil was already present? Was it because the future of mankind was already pre-destined and they needed to learn right from wrong?

Gen 1:29-31

29 And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and [every tree] whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. 30 Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food"; and it was so. 31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

NKJV

Ge 2:9

9 And out of the ground the Lord God made [every tree] grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food.

{satan has fallen} Ezk 28

The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

NKJV

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Gary

Gary

You didn't really mention specific scripture. You only said Genesis 1-3. I think the answer is pretty clear. There is NO sin or fall mentioned until chapter 3. Since Adam and Eve were created in chapter 1, I don't understand your logic. There is NO indication any type of evil or sin existed before chapter 3. Chapter 2 is an expansion of chapter 2, specifically the 6th day of creation.

Can you show specific scripture that shows evil already present when Adam and Eve were created? Keep in mind that it is likely Adam and Eve were in the garden for as long as 100 years before Satan tempted Eve and got them kicked out if the garden.

I have done breakdowns in the past on this particular issue. Chapter 1 is an overview. Because of the specific content of chapter 2 and 3 they must fit within chapter 1 verse 24-30. All the events from chapters 2 & 3 happen before God said everything was very good.

Lets start here and see if you can understand what I am showing you. Ask any questions you might have and I will see if I can help answer them.

Gary

Gary

Gary

I have done breakdowns in the past on this particular issue. Chapter 1 is an overview. Because of the specific content of chapter 2 and 3 they must fit within chapter 1 verse 24-30. All the events from chapters 2 & 3 happen before God said everything was very good.

Lets start here and see if you can understand what I am showing you. Ask any questions you might have and I will see if I can help answer them.

Gary

I fully agree that chapter 2 must fit within chapter 1, but what is your basis for saying chapter 3 must. I see no evidence for that. Please tell me how you came to that conclusion.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

Gary

Gary

How could one acquire the knowledge of good and evil if evil did not exist? God created this tree, and after the fall, said "man has become like us, knowing good AND evil. I'm almost 100% certain that evil existed long before the creation of man. satan is the author of lies, and all disobedience. He pre-dates mankind.

Gen 2:9 Out of the ground the LORD God caused to grow every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Days Won:  0

We were created to judge the angels..... not originally made to be qualified to do so, but the head angel (Lucifer) talked Eve and then Eve, Adam into eating of the friut giving them the knowledge of good and evil (right from wrong). this giving is the qualifications to properly judge the Angels.

And afterward I believe it mentions that we can not comprehend the things God has in store for us.....

I understand that we read that we will judge angels but that cannot be the reason we were created. God doesnt need us to be His judges He is the only righteous judge. I kinda find it sad if thats the only reason God created mankind.

What about God wanted others in His family?

God had angels in His family.

I am a believer that we were created to (not sure how to word this) justify the punishment God had with the angels for their rebellion. God loved them so much that he had to punish them and

will continue to do so. Satan was the head (or a powerful position to say the least) angels and lost everything. So humans were created as a means to justify God's authority on creatures with free-will. To show His judgement and punishment is justified/fair, He created

another creation with free-will that He will punish the same. I even dare say that the "power" Satan once had is now offered to the Church.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

God had angels in His family.

I am a believer that we were created to (not sure how to word this) justify the punishment God had with the angels for their rebellion. God loved them so much that he had to punish them and

will continue to do so. Satan was the head (or a powerful position to say the least) angels and lost everything. So humans were created as a means to justify God's authority on creatures with free-will. To show His judgement and punishment is justified/fair, He created

another creation with free-will that He will punish the same. I even dare say that the "power" Satan once had is now offered to the Church.

Brother, the Church does not get "offered the power of satan". The Church is empowered by God. We are united to the one who created all things (including satan) , and we all possess the Holy Spirit. Our power is directly from God, and of God.

Rom 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Eph 1:18 having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,

Eph 1:19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might

Edited by saved34