"Jesus Would Not Approve Of Abortions" President Carter

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Please do not give up on the Democratic Party... without the Democrats there would be no Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, a minimum wage, child labor laws, or a living wage.

If you really want to overturn Roe v. Wade (approved by Republican Nixon & upheld by Ford & Reagan) it will be the Democratic Party to do it...

Please support President Jimmy Carter by signing the petition below which calls for the Democratic Party to accept Pro Life Democrats back into the Party. It will be submitted by Carter to the DNC Chair. A little under half of all Democrats are Pro Life and it is time that we are recognized...

Petition Supporting Pro Life Democrats

news source on carter's statement

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/03/30/carter-jesus-would-not-approve-of-abortions/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The democrat party moved away from me a few years ago. It has been taken over by a group I find foul. I changed my party to independent. I cannot be a democrat as long as that party is controlled by the current bunch of fanatics who want to change my country to something it should never become.

Guest Butero

Please do not give up on the Democratic Party... without the Democrats there would be no Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, a minimum wage, child labor laws, or a living wage.

If you really want to overturn Roe v. Wade (approved by Republican Nixon & upheld by Ford & Reagan) it will be the Democratic Party to do it...

Please support President Jimmy Carter by signing the petition below which calls for the Democratic Party to accept Pro Life Democrats back into the Party. It will be submitted by Carter to the DNC Chair. A little under half of all Democrats are Pro Life and it is time that we are recognized...

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/03/30/carter-jesus-would-not-approve-of-abortions/

I don't agree with Democrats on a wide variety of issues. Abortion is just one of them. Social Security was a mistake, as was Medicare and Medicade. We don't have the money for these programs, and they are bankrupting the nation. Now that they are in place, and we have made people dependent on them, we have no choice but to keep them in place, or gradually phase them out. We can't just shut them down. I am opposed to the minimum wage, as it does more harm than good. It leads to inflation. You raise labor costs, and those costs are passed along in prices at the market. It makes us less competitive with other nations, and we lose jobs. I don't support child labor laws. I had wanted to work a job when I was 15, and wasn't able to because of these laws. They go too far. Not only that, but they often turn children into a burden in regard to poor parents. Many of them will be killed in the womb. There was a woman who came here and admitted having an abortion because she couldn't afford the child, and tried to defend what she did. For many generations, children would help with farm work, and would be a blessing to their parents. The government needs to stay out of the business of parents when it comes to raising their own children. I am opposed to the "living wage." We have low paying jobs for entry level, unskilled labor. It is not the kind of job people would normally remain in, and is often filled by students working part time. In other words, I don't like anything about the Democratic Party, and will never support them.

Jimmy Carter pro-life? He sure wasn't when he ran for President. I remember abortion was the deciding factor when my Mother voted for Reagan in 1980. Jimmy Carter was openly pro-choice as was John Anderson. Only Reagan was openly pro-life. If Carter has had a change of heart, I am happy to hear it, but the Democratic platform is openly pro-abortion.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I don't agree with Democrats on a wide variety of issues. Abortion is just one of them. Social Security was a mistake, as was Medicare and Medicade. We don't have the money for these programs, and they are bankrupting the nation. Now that they are in place, and we have made people dependent on them, we have no choice but to keep them in place, or gradually phase them out. We can't just shut them down. I am opposed to the minimum wage, as it does more harm than good. It leads to inflation. You raise labor costs, and those costs are passed along in prices at the market. It makes us less competitive with other nations, and we lose jobs. I don't support child labor laws. I had wanted to work a job when I was 15, and wasn't able to because of these laws. They go too far. Not only that, but they often turn children into a burden in regard to poor parents. Many of them will be killed in the womb. There was a woman who came here and admitted having an abortion because she couldn't afford the child, and tried to defend what she did. For many generations, children would help with farm work, and would be a blessing to their parents. The government needs to stay out of the business of parents when it comes to raising their own children. I am opposed to the "living wage." We have low paying jobs for entry level, unskilled labor. It is not the kind of job people would normally remain in, and is often filled by students working part time. In other words, I don't like anything about the Democratic Party, and will never support them.

Jimmy Carter pro-life? He sure wasn't when he ran for President. I remember abortion was the deciding factor when my Mother voted for Reagan in 1980. Jimmy Carter was openly pro-choice as was John Anderson. Only Reagan was openly pro-life. If Carter has had a change of heart, I am happy to hear it, but the Democratic platform is openly pro-abortion.

Social Welfare programs are a mere drop in the bucket financially compared to what we have historically spent on wars over the past 50 years. There is more than enough money there but, not when you spend $1.2 Billion on a single airplane (the B2 bomber & we have a fleet of them). That money could have bought hundreds of elementary schools and put teachers back to work.

The minimum wage is a must in a corporate economy that relies on taxes to feed the military industrial complex (especially when you account for inflation which has always been brought on by warfare).

Most of the reasons why women get abortions (especially in poor communities of minorities) is because of a lack of social welfare. The Democratic Party is the only Party that espouses these principles that actually pave the way for LESS abortions.

And Reagan pro life? Ha! Watch what his son said recently at the LPAC Conference in Minneapolis where he blatantly says that President Reagan was in fact, NOT pro life. As Gov of California his state was one of the first to push abortion and legalize it. Same thing with Nixon who stacked the Court with pro choice judges because he felt that it should be legal for, "rape, incest, and INTERRACIAL CHILDREN"

Edited by differentDemocrat

Guest Butero

Social Welfare programs are a mere drop in the bucket financially compared to what we have historically spent on wars over the past 50 years. There is more than enough money there but, not when you spend $1.2 Billion on a single airplane (the B2 bomber & we have a fleet of them). That money could have bought hundreds of elementary schools and put teachers back to work.

The minimum wage is a must in a corporate economy that relies on taxes to feed the military industrial complex (especially when you account for inflation which has always been brought on by warfare).

Most of the reasons why women get abortions (especially in poor communities of minorities) is because of a lack of social welfare. The Democratic Party is the only Party that espouses these principles that actually pave the way for LESS abortions.

And Reagan pro life? Ha! Watch what his son said recently at the LPAC Conference in Minneapolis where he blatantly says that President Reagan was in fact, NOT pro life. As Gov of California his state was one of the first to push abortion and legalize it. Same thing with Nixon who stacked the Court with pro choice judges because he felt that it should be legal for, "rape, incest, and INTERRACIAL CHILDREN"

It is not the responsibility of government to create welfare programs, period. It is their responsibility to defend the nation. Welfare is the responsibility of private charities and churches. The Democratic Party is mostly responsible for abortion being legal, so claiming these people are helping slow it down is absurd.

Reagan was pro-life as President. While Governor of California in the 1960s, he did sign a law legalizing abortion, but after investigating the matter further, he regretted it, and became completely pro-life. I was at a March For Life event in D.C. and Reagan spoke to us from the White House. He was a great President and openly PRO-LIFE. I never said Nixon was pro-life, but since Roe vs Wade didn't come down till 1973, abortion wasn't a huge issue when Nixon was appointing judges.

We do not need a minimum wage. It needs to be abolished completely. It only runs prices up and leads to greater unemployment numbers. I would abolish it today if I could, along with nearly everything else the Democrats are responsible for during the 20th Century.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

the problem with minimum wage is the the places that pay them and all business up their prices to pay that wage. so nothing happens. been there in the state of louisana.the military industrial complex includes NASA as that is on the cape caneveral afs. so lets see cut science and reasearch on global warming for schooling and entitlements that makes sense. and yes they are seperate budgets but they do share costs by sharing facilities. nasa uses military pilots for astronauts and aircraft.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Well Jimmy, God ain't for homosexuality either, but I hear that you blow your trumpet for that abomination. You supported aborticide during YOUR Presidency. So as far as I am concerned, you're just shilling for votes for a President who's in trouble because he fell in that pit mistakenly called gay marriage and now he needs someone to pull his hindquarters out of it. You won't find him here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I strongly recommend a google search on "If I Wanted America to Fail." Watch the video and see if you can still belong to the demoncrat party!

Also look up the goals of the Communist Party in America published in the Congressional Record back in the 1950's. you will see that demoncrat party today stands for EVERY SINGLE ELEMENT THE COMMUNIST PARTY WANTED TO FOIST OFF ON THE UNSUSPECTING AND WOEFULLY IGNORANT AMERICAN PEOPLE!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Cannot say much....as my family is on medicaid....and am receiving help from the government. :(

Not really thrilled either way with Republicans or Democrats. That is all I will say.....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Social welfare could have helped, but it is much abused and in fact created a system of dependency. Folks have more babies to get more money. That may discourage abortion but really overlooks the need to get the people out of the system of welfare handouts. There is no way that having babies to get more money could remotely be considered good.

I understand though. You are a democrat. I was too for a long time. 30 or so years. But the democratic party is not good any more.

However since this is not a political board but one with a mission to seek the lost and bring lost and saved to greater relationship with Jesus, I will not push this point lol.