• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

A neighbor, has barking dogs, why are the dogs barking, maybe there is a big problem over there too.

Why do you not know your neighbor? Are you scared that they will reject you? I know my neighbors, sometimes I wish I didn't but I do and we keep and eye out for each others property and other stuff. In the old days we used to know the people all around us and everyone helped all, if one went away, we would feed the live stock and milk the cows.

Who is your neighbor.

Just a thought.~~~Dennis

Thanks for the reply.

I have no fear of rejection from any man. My self-worth is found in Christ alone. :)

Haven't met the neighbors in any house around mine since I moved here, three years ago. Guess we never seem to meet for some reason.

My housemates; a family of four, know the neighbors on both sides.

Good advice, Little Brown Church. If I do ever meet the neighbor, I'll try to bring it up casually.

Sorry to hear about that, Fez. Spiritual warfare!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Thanks!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Thanks for the reply.

I have no fear of rejection from any man. My self-worth is found in Christ alone. :)

Haven't met the neighbors in any house around mine since I moved here, three years ago. Guess we never seem to meet for some reason.

My housemates; a family of four, know the neighbors on both sides.

Good advice, Little Brown Church. If I do ever meet the neighbor, I'll try to bring it up casually.

Sorry to hear about that, Fez. Spiritual warfare!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Thanks!

I'm confused; don't your housemates hear the barking dogs? Why would all of you put up with it? :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

one could buy cherry bombs and throw them in the direction of the dog. that way no harm to dog but it will shut him up

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

one could buy cherry bombs and throw them in the direction of the dog. that way no harm to dog but it will shut him up

That is not a good idea, for one, fire crackers are illegal in a lot of areas. And two, lot of people don’t have a great aim, and should the dog be too close to it when it goes off could hurt said dog. Doing this will just anger the dog owner and start a war. Me personally, I would consider this animal abuse. Setting one of during the night is very likely to anger other neighbor’s as well.

That is not a good idea, for one, fire crackers are illegal in a lot of areas. And two, lot of people don’t have a great aim, and should the dog be too close to it when it goes off could hurt said dog. Doing this will just anger the dog owner and start a war. Me personally, I would consider this animal abuse. Setting one of during the night is very likely to anger other neighbor’s as well.

Good points, LBC. These things should not be escalated. Simply talking to the dog owner should be the first move. If someone threw cherry bombs into MY yard.....they would then have a really angry neighbor to deal with and, in my city, those things ARE illegal. I would have the law all over them. The key is to avoid injecting anger and retaliation into the situation. Let's not forget the Hatfields and McCoys. :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

.22 cal, subsonic ammo and a telescopic sight.

Works for problem monkeys here...... :cool:

.22 cal, subsonic ammo and a telescopic sight.

Works for problem monkeys here...... :cool:

:o

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

sometime talking does not matter. i have a neighbor that has some chickens around 10 and they come accross the road into two yards we both have gardens.

when approached to cage the chickens he says to just run them off our property. he has no intentions of doing anything about his chickens in our gardens.

i should not be required to stand watch for his chickens that want to wander into my garden two or three times a day. Now I use rocks to run them off but as soon as the 4th comes around i will be getting something loud to run them off

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

sometime talking does not matter. i have a neighbor that has some chickens around 10 and they come accross the road into two yards we both have gardens.

when approached to cage the chickens he says to just run them off our property. he has no intentions of doing anything about his chickens in our gardens.

i should not be required to stand watch for his chickens that want to wander into my garden two or three times a day. Now I use rocks to run them off but as soon as the 4th comes around i will be getting something loud to run them off

You might check and see what your county ordinances say about chickens. Many areas have restrictions that limit the number of chickens one can have, location of coop and whether or not they must stay penned up. Doesn’t matter if the area is livestock zoned or not. Certain restrictions still apply.

Instead of throwing rocks, I would be catching them and having animal control impound them. Which is probably in your case easier said than done. This can be done by herding them into netting or using a large fishing net that has a fairly long handle. It will be harder now since the chasing and rock throwing has made them flighty.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

What about Thanksgiving?

Oh, no, wait, that's Turkey......... :cool: