IGNORED

one nation under God?

Guest act123

Do you guys think that this article is accurate?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you guys think that this article is accurate?

• Very good article, I agree
    • Poor article, I disagree
    • Doesnt really apply to our country yet
    • The youth of our country are in trouble
    • Good, but overemphasized, things really are not that bad.
    • God shouldnt be mention in the Pledge.
    • We arent a Christian Nation

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/24/1952

I can't respond to your survey because a reasoned response can't be trivialized by a simple either/or choice of someone else's phrases... my response required qualification and expansion of each question presented in the survey so I could respond honestly and with my mind engaged in the process. Why limit people's interaction to an article (by the way...Where IS it?) by allowing them ONLY the choices that appeal to yourself?

God bless you...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

To start with, we are not "One Nation". Immigration, both legal and non, have dumped so many foreign people here in such a short time that few of them have had the time and in my opinion the desire to become Americans.

We have Spanish Americans, African Americans, Cuban Americans, Asian Americans, and on and on...... It seems that no one wants to be "An American" these days. So I say that we are no longer "One Nation" and have not been since the middle 60's.

Two, Our society is no longer under God in the things that we have tolerated and are still tolerating. Abortion, Sexual Preferences or I should say perversions, starting with Adultery and going the full gamete to Homosexuality and on to Child molesters to people doing things I don't even want to write about, and on and on show a Nation in moral decline. No I can not say that our Nation is still under God.... well not the God I love and serve anyway.

What our Nation is, in my opinion is in need of some serious discipline from the maker, and if we as an entire nation don't do something very quickly it is coming. There is not a single answer to the poll that I can agree with so I'll just push the null button...

As for the election, no one running is going to save us from the wrath of God in the near future.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

To start with, we are not "One Nation". Immigration, both legal and non, have dumped so many foreign people here in such a short time that few of them have had the time and in my opinion the desire to become Americans.

We have Spanish Americans, African Americans, Cuban Americans, Asian Americans, and on and on...... It seems that no one wants to be "An American" these days. So I say that we are no longer "One Nation" and have not been since the middle 60's.

Two, Our society is no longer under God in the things that we have tolerated and are still tolerating. Abortion, Sexual Preferences or I should say perversions, starting with Adultery and going the full gamete to Homosexuality and on to Child molesters to people doing things I don't even want to write about, and on and on show a Nation in moral decline. No I can not say that our Nation is still under God.... well not the God I love and serve anyway.

What our Nation is, in my opinion is in need of some serious discipline from the maker, and if we as an entire nation don't do something very quickly it is coming. There is not a single answer to the poll that I can agree with so I'll just push the null button...

As for the election, no one running is going to save us from the wrath of God in the near future.

Amen, Sam.

t.

What our Nation is, in my opinion is in need of some serious discipline from the maker, and if we as an entire nation don't do something very quickly it is coming

I definitely agree with this and feel that we are at point where it is right around the corner. There are several examples throughout the bible that talk about discipline. The fact is that God is a very patient God and He will convict and convict and convict until we reach the point in which he must spank. AND BOY DOES HE KNOW WHERE TO SPANK AND SPANKS HARD!

To start with, we are not "One Nation". Immigration, both legal and non, have dumped so many foreign people here in such a short time that few of them have had the time and in my opinion the desire to become Americans

I dont necessarily agree with this statement. We are a nation, and these people only add to our nation and can actually help us if we can learn from each other. Proverbs does talk about iron sharpening iron. Now I know that this relates to brothers in Christ, but this example can also be used with other nationalities. Instead of having a feeling of us being split, we can still have a feeling of unity among different kinds of people. I think the article is referring more to the fact that we are a one nation if we are under God. No matter what the nationality. Not necessarily the fact that we are one nation if we are all Americans. I do agree though that if people want to come over here and live in our nation then they need to call themselves Americans. Cut all the whatever ethnic your are- American nonsense.

I forgot to mention, there is no comma in one nation under God..............Just in case anyone was wondering. It actually done wrong in the article

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hi, Welcome ACT, One nation under GOD, I still feel that we ARE very much so, Only a lot of AMERICANS are still unawares of just what is happening to our CHRISTIAN CULTURE, Which is THE FOUNDATION of why AMERICA is such a GREAT NATION. To the ones that are aware, I would hope they that they do try to INFORM our brother and sisters in CHRIST of the PERIL we may face if we continue to IGNORE THE SIGNS OF THE TIMES. Interestingly ALLEN KEYS gave this observation that 9-11 was A SHOT ACROSS THE BOW to AMERICA, I would hope we all take heed, It could very well be..........TAKO

One nation under GOD, I still feel that we ARE very much so, Only a lot of AMERICANS are still unawares of just what is happening to our CHRISTIAN CULTURE, Which is THE FOUNDATION of why AMERICA is such a GREAT NATION.

I agree with you 100%!

Well the article is interesting but your poll does not really have an answer that someone other than a Christian can really reply to. And that kind of gets to the problem of the One Nation Under God bit. Its not really true.

As things stand right now I am a citizen of the United States of America. This is a thing I cherish. I am also an atheist. Which means I recognise no gods. I can atest to the fact that there are a few more atheists running around out there (conservative estimate 10% of the US population). Thus saying we are One Nation Under God just based on the presense of atheists makes the statement demonstrably untrue.

Thus we are either One Nation not under any particular god. Or we are a divided nation with some individuals under God. Either case "One Nation Under God" is false. And I do believe there is some bit about bearing false witness if some religions.

This goes to the question of freedom. Is this a nation predicated on the principles of freedom? Or is it a theocratic state predicated on the teachings of one particular religion. Now the guiding principles behind individuals live's can be religious in nature and still not make a nation a religious nation. This is the wonderous part about freedom. We all struggle together in this great nation to form a more perfect union. To establish justice and tranquility... let me allow the founding fathers to express this as they did so much better than I.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Proclaiming this nation to be Under God in an oathe doesn't make it so. Its really up to God whether this is a nation under him. The truth is there are 5 states worth of atheists running around in this nation. There are other religions represented too. There are believers of the most wonderous things and doubters of anything they cannot touch. We are all Americans. It is a pity some have decided to pick a fight and try to exclude others. That seems to me to be the most unAmerican thing one can do.

Is there anything in your life that fills the function of a God: object of worship...

Actually, life is filled with totally compelling features that can absorb one to the point of worship. You appear too focused to have avoided fascination with something to the point of devotion. You can tell us... where does your faith rest?

I hope it doesn't rest on civil law. If so, then you have serious problems.

Well the article is interesting but your poll does not really have an answer that someone other than a Christian can really reply to.  And that kind of gets to the problem of the One Nation Under God bit.  Its not really true. 

As things stand right now I am a citizen of the United States of America.  This is a thing I cherish.  I am also an atheist.  Which means I recognise no gods.  I can atest to the fact that there are a few more atheists running around out there (conservative estimate 10% of the US population).  Thus saying we are One Nation Under God just based on the presense of atheists makes the statement demonstrably untrue. 

Thus we are either One Nation not under any particular god.  Or we are a divided nation with some individuals under God.  Either case "One Nation Under God" is false.  And I do believe there is some bit about bearing false witness if some religions. 

This goes to the question of freedom.  Is this a nation predicated on the principles of freedom?  Or is it a theocratic state predicated on the teachings of one particular religion.  Now the guiding principles behind individuals live's can be religious in nature and still not make a nation a religious nation.  This is the wonderous part about freedom.  We all struggle together in this great nation to form a more perfect union.  To establish justice and tranquility... let me allow the founding fathers to express this as they did so much better than I.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Proclaiming this nation to be Under God in an oathe doesn't make it so. Its really up to God whether this is a nation under him. The truth is there are 5 states worth of atheists running around in this nation. There are other religions represented too. There are believers of the most wonderous things and doubters of anything they cannot touch. We are all Americans. It is a pity some have decided to pick a fight and try to exclude others. That seems to me to be the most unAmerican thing one can do.

Is there anything in your life that fills the function of a God: object of worship...

Actually, life is filled with totally compelling features that can absorb one to the point of worship. You appear too focused to have avoided fascination with something to the point of devotion. You can tell us... where does your faith rest?

I hope it doesn't rest on civil law. If so, then you have serious problems.

Please don't steriotype Christians. I agree with a lot of what you say that hinges on other things than faith. i am no less a Christian for this.