IGNORED

Navy SEAL of God? Are Christians suppose to be pacifistic?

steven84

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I am serving our country in the US Air Force. We may have immoral leaders running our military, but to blame the servicemember for that, or question their devotion to Christian living is unjust. If you are worried about how our military is used, then vote for God Fearing, Moral, Christian Leaders.

What if the day comes where our leaders order our military to fire on our countrymen? Who do you want on the other end of the gun, Christians/Jews, or "all others?"

Maybe some of us Christians joined the military to protect you from a tyrannical government.

Hi Justin,

I hope you really do not think that I am blaming the service person in all my posts. As long as you are in the military do the best you can to protect this country and uphold the constitution. I do not know why you joined the Air Force but if it was to fight terrorism you believed a lie. The US has been the manufacturer of all the terrorist that we are supposedly fighting.

Nor do I question your "devotion to Christian living." But this statement begs the question. Is your devotion to Christian living or is your devotion to Jesus Christ? It is not me you will answer this question to..

I am not worried abut how the military of the US is used. If you can point out ANY God Fearing, Moral, Christian Leaders I would vote for them. I don't see any and the elections are all fixed by those who who are trying to bring about the NWO/ One world Gov't.

And when the day comes when the military is turned against the citizens of the US there aren't enough real Christians to make enough of a difference. But I am not counting on the military to protect me. I am counting on the Lord God Almighty to preserve me and keep me in any case whether I live or die. I will live here on this earth for as long as the Lord has for me to be conformed to Jesus Christ and not a moment longer.

1Jo 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1Jo 3:1 ΒΆ Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

The US has been the manufacturer of all the terrorist that we are supposedly fighting.

That is a load of crap. Islam wishes to destroy us; the brave members of our military defend us. You should be grateful.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

The US has been the manufacturer of all the terrorist that we are supposedly fighting.

That is a load of crap. Islam wishes to destroy us; the brave members of our military defend us. You should be grateful.

agree.gif

And when the day comes when the military is turned against the citizens of the US there aren't enough real Christians to make enough of a difference.

I do believe that there are more people that believe in and follow Jesus Christ, serving in the military then you may think. Sir: larryt

IMO~~~Dennis

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I am serving our country in the US Air Force. We may have immoral leaders running our military, but to blame the servicemember for that, or question their devotion to Christian living is unjust. If you are worried about how our military is used, then vote for God Fearing, Moral, Christian Leaders.

What if the day comes where our leaders order our military to fire on our countrymen? Who do you want on the other end of the gun, Christians/Jews, or "all others?"

Maybe some of us Christians joined the military to protect you from a tyrannical government.

Hi Justin,

I hope you really do not think that I am blaming the service person in all my posts. As long as you are in the military do the best you can to protect this country and uphold the constitution. I do not know why you joined the Air Force but if it was to fight terrorism you believed a lie. The US has been the manufacturer of all the terrorist that we are supposedly fighting.

Nor do I question your "devotion to Christian living." But this statement begs the question. Is your devotion to Christian living or is your devotion to Jesus Christ? It is not me you will answer this question to..

I am not worried abut how the military of the US is used. If you can point out ANY God Fearing, Moral, Christian Leaders I would vote for them. I don't see any and the elections are all fixed by those who who are trying to bring about the NWO/ One world Gov't.

And when the day comes when the military is turned against the citizens of the US there aren't enough real Christians to make enough of a difference. But I am not counting on the military to protect me. I am counting on the Lord God Almighty to preserve me and keep me in any case whether I live or die. I will live here on this earth for as long as the Lord has for me to be conformed to Jesus Christ and not a moment longer.

1Jo 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1Jo 3:1 ΒΆ Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

I really don't see a distinction between living a Christian life and devotion to Christ, they are one and the same.

I joined the Air Force long before any "War on Terrorism" began. I am a pre 9-11er.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

agree.gif

And when the day comes when the military is turned against the citizens of the US there aren't enough real Christians to make enough of a difference.

I do believe that there are more people that believe in and follow Jesus Christ, serving in the military then you may think. Sir: larryt

IMO~~~Dennis

You are right Dennis, there are many Christians serving in the US military, actually about 70%. I wish it were more like 100%, but since it is unlawful to proselytize while in uniform, it's very difficult to bring that number up.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

agree.gif

IMO~~~Dennis

You are right Dennis, there are many Christians serving in the US military, actually about 70%. I wish it were more like 100%, but since it is unlawful to proselytize while in uniform, it's very difficult to bring that number up.

where in the ucmj is that? im well still in and i am a cold war era vet and we proseletyse. my chaplain was doing that and i have at lunch time told others of the things in the bible and years ago told other to come to christ.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Hi Justin,

I really don't see a distinction between living a Christian life and devotion to Christ, they are one and the same.

I joined the Air Force long before any "War on Terrorism" began. I am a pre 9-11er.

I have found that there are many that are trying to live a Christian life but have never met the Saviour. I have read some of your posts and I do not doubt your faith in Him. That does not mean that as a Christian we cannot be deceived for a season. But as a Christian we will be given more light as we are faithful with the light that we are given. If we die to ourselves He will live in us and we won't have to try to live the Christian life.

Before 9-11 I was naive about world events but had been presented with different view regarding some of the world events of major consequence. With 9-11 the media explanations just did not add up. The alternative theories made more sense and in my view are more provable.

LT

Guest shiloh357

Pacifism is a secular, non-religious concept. It is not based on Scripture. It is very poor hermeneutics to try and read a secular concept like pacifism into the Bible. Jesus did not address the issue of pacifism. Jesus'; comments about turning the other cheek, not exacting revenge, etc. were meant to correct rabbinic abuses with the biblical text, not to introduce pacifsm.

Those who use the Bible to teach pacifism, are abusing the Scriptures.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Pacifism is a secular, non-religious concept. It is not based on Scripture. It is very poor hermeneutics to try and read a secular concept like pacifism into the Bible. Jesus did not address the issue of pacifism. Jesus'; comments about turning the other cheek, not exacting revenge, etc. were meant to correct rabbinic abuses with the biblical text, not to introduce pacifsm.

Those who use the Bible to teach pacifism, are abusing the Scriptures.

Pacifism is a recent term [19th Century, I think] and there are non-Christian philosophies behind different forms of it. The Biblical concept is non-retaliation which is how Mennonites have traditionally phrased it. But in its basic meaning of refusal to bear arms in war, it describes the Christianity of the first three centuries.

http://facultyblog.eternitybiblecollege.com/2012/05/15/christians-violence-part-2/

30th Anniversary Edition

http://www.amazon.com/Christian-Pacifism-Fruit-Narrow-ebook/dp/B005RIKH62/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_t_2

Classic work: Early Christian Attitude to War

http://www.compassionatespirit.com/Cadoux/Cadoux-home.htm

Statement on pacifism by Russian Baptists:

http://rusbaptist.stunda.org/engl/pacific.htm

Defining Pacifism:

http://thinkingpacifism.net/2011/12/04/how-does-pacifism-properly-understood-work-as-a-core-christian-conviction/

Notes on Church History by noted scholar:

http://www.bibleviews.com/Biblicalnonresist.html#Author

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

David was a general, and killed his "thousands".

He was also the "apple of God's eye"

Have you ever read the reason that God gave David as to why he would not be allowed to build the Temple?

1 Chron 22

I had it in my heart to build a house to the name of the Lord my God. 8 But the word of the Lord came to me, saying, β€˜You have shed much blood and have waged great wars. You shall not build a house to my name, because you have shed so much blood before me on the earth.

I am well aware of the reason, I also know what David did about it to honor the Lord. Do you? I also know that David was loved by God, no matter what he had done.