pentacostalman777

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Thats rigtht, the scripture does not say from your perspective. But from my position it does so why not go back to my post and show why it can't be so. If from your point of view the 2 witnesses are two people, then only 2 people could perform such miracles.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Think again. Paul said both he and the Colosians had been TRANSLATED INTO THE KINGDOM. If the kingdom had not come, HOW could they be in it?? Did they leave this earth and go somewhere else to where the kingdom was?? That was in Col.1:13. The WHOLE church was in the kingdom.

Not quite so. Jesus said the Kingdom is within us, not us within it.

Luke 17:20-21

Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

The translation was a spiritual one as we died to ourselves and was born again into a new creation in Him. The Kingdom is God in us.

It is very clear that these are two man sent from God. There is a group of people who believe everything in Revelation as being literal. There is also a group of people who believe everything in Revelation is spiritual. Neither are correct. We need to rightly divide His word, where some is literal and some is spiritual. This is done by reading scripture in its context.

Revelation 11:1-13

Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, “Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months. And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”

These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner. These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire.

When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves. And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.

Now after the three-and-a-half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them. And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they ascended to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies saw them. In the same hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell. In the earthquake seven thousand people were killed, and the rest were afraid and gave glory to the God of heaven.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks Newlight

Of course the translation into the kingdom is spiitual but that does not remove the fact that the kingdom is not here now. Note very carefully the text you gave (Lk.17:20:21). The kingdom was not present when the Pharisees asked their question, vs. 20. Vs. 21 indicates the kingdom was not yet then for Jesus used the phrase "neither shall they say" which is future tense. And of course the kingdom is within the disciple, for to the Philippians Paul said "let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus" and to the Colosians Paul wrote "Christ in you, the hope of glory." Get your concordance out and search the word kingdom, before Pentecost in Acts 2 the kingdom is spoken of in the future sense, AFTER Pentecost its in the present tense, Col.1:13 etc.,

God bless

Thanks Newlight

Of course the translation into the kingdom is spiitual but that does not remove the fact that the kingdom is not here now. Note very carefully the text you gave (Lk.17:20:21). The kingdom was not present when the Pharisees asked their question, vs. 20. Vs. 21 indicates the kingdom was not yet then for Jesus used the phrase "neither shall they say" which is future tense. And of course the kingdom is within the disciple, for to the Philippians Paul said "let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus" and to the Colosians Paul wrote "Christ in you, the hope of glory."

The Kingdom the Pharisees were looking for was that of the physical ruling Messiah, a Messiah that would rule the whole world, which is why they missed the whole ministry of Jesus. They were not looking of salvation they way Jesus brought salvation. The ruling power Jesus brought was one of inner ruling over the old man, not over the whole world.

Get your concordance out and search the word kingdom, before Pentecost in Acts 2 the kingdom is spoken of in the future sense, AFTER Pentecost its in the present tense, Col.1:13 etc.,

God bless

If you had taken your concordance out, you would of realized that kingdom is the same all through the NT, G932, and would not of tried to make another member seem unprepared or unstudied. Perhaps you should take your own advice. If you truly want to increase your understanding, you will go beyond the concordance and into the Greek and Hebrew.

Yet, one does not need a concordance to understand that Jesus is speaking in the present when He said "For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you." ... "is" is not a future tense word, but a present tense word.

By the way, try to get peoples names right. Purposely writing someones name wrong is so childlike.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Thanks Newlight

Of course the translation into the kingdom is spiitual but that does not remove the fact that the kingdom is not here now. Note very carefully the text you gave (Lk.17:20:21). The kingdom was not present when the Pharisees asked their question, vs. 20. Vs. 21 indicates the kingdom was not yet then for Jesus used the phrase "neither shall they say" which is future tense. And of course the kingdom is within the disciple, for to the Philippians Paul said "let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus" and to the Colosians Paul wrote "Christ in you, the hope of glory." Get your concordance out and search the word kingdom, before Pentecost in Acts 2 the kingdom is spoken of in the future sense, AFTER Pentecost its in the present tense, Col.1:13 etc.,

God bless

OneLight's name is plain for all to see.

Secondly, when he says God Bless at the end of a post he means it.

Thirdly, some of us have a modicum of discernment having been on this site for a while.

I have only ever prayed in tongues once. I was by myself and it went on for about 45 minutes and I did not seem to draw a breath. It was after/during an intense session of reading and pray and meditation, and it came from nowhere. It sounded like a whole lot of languages combined, maybe more like Chinese or another Asian tongue interspersed with other sounds.

It was amazing because I could feel the worship flowing from me, and afterwards I felt a peace I have seldom felt.

It was tongues, it was worship, and it was me worshiping God.

Spurgeon (I like his stuff), said, "there are prayers that break the backs of words".

This was one of them.

A prayer that breaks the back of words is by definition not tongues. Spurgeon defined it as prayer without words. You had an ecstatic experience, but not tongues.

You know absolutely nothing about the experience I had.

You know absolutely nothing about the speaking in tongues I have seen and heard all over Africa.

Yes Spurgeon did in his wonderful preach on Nehemiah, prayer and watching, define it as praying without words. But if if the Spirit chooses for me to pray in tongues instead of words, who am I to resist?

I am from a charismatic, prophetic- apostolic church, but I can honestly say I would not know an "ecstatic experience" if it bit me on the ankle.

So sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.

Next you will tell me that I have never seen miraculous healing, demons driven out, or experienced miracles.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. I know this to be true, I have one. :horse:

LOL...so do I....mine likes to play in his water

Not to hijack the thread sevenseas, but this is my younger sister. She "does horsey things" like dressage and showjumping, and was South African champion a while back. This is her latest horse Sir Bling....

534496_10151140007672895_1697645129_n.jpg

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Think again. Paul said both he and the Colosians had been TRANSLATED INTO THE KINGDOM. If the kingdom had not come, HOW could they be in it?? Did they leave this earth and go somewhere else to where the kingdom was?? That was in Col.1:13. The WHOLE church was in the kingdom.

Not quite so. Jesus said the Kingdom is within us, not us within it.

Luke 17:20-21

Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

The translation was a spiritual one as we died to ourselves and was born again into a new creation in Him. The Kingdom is God in us.

This

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. I know this to be true, I have one. :horse:

LOL...so do I....mine likes to play in his water

Not to hijack the thread sevenseas, but this is my younger sister. She "does horsey things" like dressage and showjumping, and was South African champion a while back. This is her latest horse Sir Bling....

534496_10151140007672895_1697645129_n.jpg

Is she our sister?