• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The sheep of the “new covenant” will be given eternal life

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant

I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God,

and they shall be My people … they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest

of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

(Jeremiah 31:31-34). Also see Ezekiel 36:25-27.

“… let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me,

… For in these I delight,” says the LORD. (Jeremiah 9:23-24)

The 2-way relationship between Jesus and His sheep results in eternal life

“Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

… I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

… and I know My sheep, and am known by My own

… and I lay down My life for the sheep.

… My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;

neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.” (John 10:7-28)

The sheep know Father God and Jesus, resulting in eternal life

“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God,

and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” (John 17:3)

The Holy Spirit dwells within each of God’s sheep

“And I (Jesus) will pray (to) the Father, and He will give you another Helper,

that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth

… you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

… If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,

and We will come to him and make Our home with(in) him.”(John 14:16-23)

God’s precious sheep have God dwelling inside of them.

“And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.” (1 John 3:24)

The sheep are led by the Holy Spirit, resulting in eternal life

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God.” (Romans 8:14)

The sheep allow themselves to be sanctified

“Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His”,

and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” (2 Timothy 2:19)

Jesus will reject those who are not His sheep

“Not everyone who says to Me, “Lord, Lord’, shall enter the kingdom of heaven,

but he who does the will of My Father in heaven … I will declare to them,

‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’”(Matthew 7:19-21)

It is God’s will that His sheep have a relationship with Jesus, and do God’s will.

The sheep are God’s elect, i.e. the ones destined to gain eternal life

“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God,

to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined

… whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified;

and whom He justified, these He also glorified.” (Romans 8:28-30)

Many blessings come from a knowing intimacy with the Lord

“Out of intimacy with Jesus we receive discernment, direction, a knowing of what is right and wrong

and what is holy and pure. Intimacy with Christ gives us a firmness wherein we are not tossed to and fro

by every wind of doctrine. Stay close to Him so that you will have discernment about the foolishness

going on around us.” (David Wilkerson, 2012)

One question ...

Did Jesus create sheep (with their unique characteristics) expressly

to demonstrate to us how we should obediently trust and follow Him?

One promise ...

Most Americans have no idea what the true characteristics of sheep really are!

Therefore, we are at quite a disadvantage when we read in the Bible about

the 2-way relationship between Jesus and His sheep.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

SoGrateful I think this is a good scriptual piece that really gets the point across that A releationship with the Father and Christ is what we should focus on. I don't know if he created them for that purpose would be biblical, but he did use it as an example for that reason, so we might more clearly be able to understand the releationship he and the Father desires from us. believeinhim After reading this acrticle which should be a encouragment to draw in closer to christ, thats the question you have? TO ALL Have we as the body of chrsit really gotten to the place, where we will nit pick every single word of every sentence until it satisfies us? How do we not as believers yet understand, that if our eyes are on, gifts, doctrine, opinion, tradition, nit picking every word, our problems, our careers, or anything else, if this is where our eyes and focus are, then they are NOT on Christ! This article is a reminder of ALL of our need to focus on him. Over the years of sitting at the feet of christ, learning from him, drawing closer to him, I have learned something that has been very valuiable. Dont tell me what you think, or feel, Don't tell me your opinion or traditions. Tell me the words You got Directly out of the mouth of GOD, or Be Quite! Your opinions and traditions won't get me into GOD's presance, but they sure can keep me out. GOD BLESSINGS TO ALL.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

A wise man once said...

by George Whitten, Editor of

Worthy Devotions

Psalms 23:2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures: He leads me beside the still waters.

"The average American who reads this passage probably thinks of green pastures as wide areas of unending soft green grass. But here in Israel the climate is so dry, that there's really no such thing.

Long ago, the shepherds of Israel learned to find grass where most people wouldn't think to look. Here, green pastures are created as the breeze from the Mediterranean Sea brings moisture into our arid climate. It is from this moisture that a kind of dew settles upon the sides of certain hills creating little tufts of grass — just enough for one day's feeding for a flock of sheep. The shepherds would lead their flocks through the hot parched desert in search of these. It's no wonder those sheep would obey the shepherd's voice. They would easily die in the desert trying to survive on their own. The sheep learned to depend on the shepherd to daily lead them to their sustenance.

How many times does it feel like we're walking aimlessly through the desert and there doesn't seem any refreshment near? When our lives our bombarded with trial after trial it can feel this way. But we must keep in mind that though we are walking through the desert, our Shepherd is leading us to green pastures to be refreshed. And it's these times in the desert that God causes us to depend more upon on him. These thirsty times are special times — times to be embraced!

Don't despise those desert walks with the Shepherd and don't be afraid. God has something special for us there — and there are green pastures near".

Read George's devotions, every one is a new revelation to me, and I use them often at home group to start a discussion or to illustrate a point!

• Group:  Junior Member

Could you give the Article link on what you base that information about "MOST" American's,

and how the study was conducted. Thank you.

Most Americans are not shepherds AND/OR they have not studied the subject. Mostly AND.

Edited by SoGrateful

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

Could you give the Article link on what you base that information about "MOST" American's,

and how the study was conducted. Thank you.

Most Americans are not shepherds AND/OR they have not studied the subject. Mostly AND.

Are you a shepherd? I was a shepherd for several years, though I am not sure why you seem to maintain one would have to be a shepherd to understand Jesus' relationship towards us. Anyone can understand our relationship to God symbolized by sheep and their shepherd by reading the following Psalm:

Psalms 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

One question ...

Did Jesus create sheep (with their unique characteristics) expressly

to demonstrate to us how we should obediently trust and follow Him?

Probably not.

One promise ...

Therefore, we are at quite a disadvantage when we read in the Bible about

the 2-way relationship between Jesus and His sheep.

I don't believe one has to understand the characteristics of livestock in order to understand the ways of God.

If you feel you're at a disadvantage, perhaps you need to put away all your other books, pick up your bible and invite the Lord in for a little one on One time.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge..........................................and wisdom.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Personally I would rather be a sheep to my Lord and follow His voice. Sheep follow the shepherd. A lamb raised by the shepherd will follow that person everywhere and bleat when it cannot hear that voice or see it's master. I don't think i have read that we should all go out and be shepherds but we are the sheep in our Lords flock.

Personally I would rather be a sheep to my Lord and follow His voice. Sheep follow the shepherd. A lamb raised by the shepherd will follow that person everywhere and bleat when it cannot hear that voice or see it's master. I don't think i have read that we should all go out and be shepherds but we are the sheep in our Lords flock.

Great ... I realize that you think you know everything, but if you'd like to really learn about this,

you should read books such as: http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/0310274419

Edited by SoGrateful

I would rather learn from this, and it's free. http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

Methunks we've found another one who believes he knows everything about shepherds and sheep!

'Dis must be our lucky day!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Col 4:6 Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.