IGNORED

Is the United States spiritual Babylon??

Jayyycuuup

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Is the USA mystery Babylon? I don't know; could be. All I know is when thousands of American Christians extol and venerate wicked leaders who embrace every perverted sin God abominates and calls them "good," we are in deep need of a spiritual wakeup.

Will that wakeup come, and will these Christians repent from supporting evil men? Again, I don't know. It may be that God will spare our nation one last time, or else He will totally turn us over to our depravity.

May God grant us courage..

Edited by John Robinson

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Mathew 24:7 "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom"

Mark 13:8 "For nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places; there will also be famines." Lets just say that America is not Babylon, (Even though I believe the opposite) all these things that are spoken of in the bible are not just going to skip over us. God first sent his son to earth for salvation John 3:16-17, but when he sends his son to earth a second time (weather it be in 1 year or 10 years) he's comming to earth to judge (as you probably know)

Personally I believe so, but before I elaborate on why I believe the U.S is Spiritual Babylon, I would like to see what others think.....

I don't, and I try very hard not to get patriotism or nationalism tangled up in my walk with the Lord. I'm a military brat, meaning that I grew up all over the world, and people are people where ever you go. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God, said Paul in Romans. I'm going to continue to follow Jesus and spread the good news while awaiting His return.

Why dont you think the United states is Spiritual Babylon......

Because the United States while founded on Biblical principles has never had a covenant relationship with God. That's for the people of Israel. The U.S. is another gentile nation that's turned its back on God's way of doing things and suffers for it like the nations of old.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Personally I believe so, but before I elaborate on why I believe the U.S is Spiritual Babylon, I would like to see what others think.....

I don't, and I try very hard not to get patriotism or nationalism tangled up in my walk with the Lord. I'm a military brat, meaning that I grew up all over the world, and people are people where ever you go. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God, said Paul in Romans. I'm going to continue to follow Jesus and spread the good news while awaiting His return.

Why dont you think the United states is Spiritual Babylon......

Because the United States while founded on Biblical principles has never had a covenant relationship with God. That's for the people of Israel. The U.S. is another gentile nation that's turned its back on God's way of doing things and suffers for it like the nations of old.

None of my friends and most all my acquaintances have not turned their back on God. My state has not turned it's back on God.

None of my friends and most all my acquaintances have not turned their back on God. My state has not turned it's back on God.

Perhaps not, but the culture (outside the church, i.e. the outside culture if you want to think of it that way) has increasingly done so. I'm not tarring everyone with the same stick here.

Perhaps not, but the culture (outside the church, i.e. the outside culture if you want to think of it that way) has increasingly done so. I'm not tarring everyone with the same stick here.

But, is that culture that you speak of the real basic culture of the US, or what is proposed by the media?

We've traveled all over the country for the past three years going places and staying for weeks at a time and get to know and see people all over. What I see in reality is making me wonder if we just don't see a relative small number of people reported on and take that for the whole country. I would agree that our government is corrupt, but it really has been from the start. This nation was built on it's people, not on it's government.

Do we have a problem in the US..... I would say definately yes..... but saying that we have turned our backs on God is a different thing. If we've done anything, we've gotten to the point in a country of freedoms where we don't stand up for those freedoms..... and that I would say that is the problem, not that we have turned against God. Things go bad when we won't take the time and expense of standing up for our freedoms. One example would be as much as Gay people do theirs.

Im partially in the same boat as you are except for the part about the state turning its back on God. Oregon claims to be liberal and unreligious but, at least half of my highschool is Christian.

Im partially in the same boat as you are except for the part about the state turning its back on God. Oregon claims to be liberal and unreligious but, at least half of my highschool is Christian.

Actually I was thinking of the Federal Government. I didn't intend it to be state governments..... Oklahoma is definately not turned it's back on God.

Actually, it is against State Law for a teacher to stop a student from praying even out loud unless he/she is interfearing with the learning process. Almost all the kindergarten teachers in our town are Christians, I'm not familiar with all the other schools, but I would guess most of those are also. my wife was a kindergarten teacher for over 20 years andd she would send out a note at the begining of school explaining the laws to parents and she never had a complaint.

I've seen a kid in her class having problems at home and asked everyone to pray for her mother, and the whole class of six year olds came together and prayed for the little girls mother. Still brings tears to my eyes, and I only experienced that one time. But it was not a rare occasion. They have even done so with school administrators in the classroom.

Interestingly, 80 to 90 percent of the kids in her kindergarten class were reading by the time the year was over, some even at second and third grade levels; and that has been the way her class has been for years and years. She's retired so maybe I should say her class was.

Most of the people that I know in our government are Chirstians. Some more closer to God than others,.... some are/were preachers.

I'm rambling.......

Actually I was thinking of the Federal Government. I didn't intend it to be state governments..... Oklahoma is definately not turned it's back on God.

Actually, it is against State Law for a teacher to stop a student from praying even out loud unless he/she is interfearing with the learning process. Almost all the kindergarten teachers in our town are Christians, I'm not familiar with all the other schools, but I would guess most of those are also. my wife was a kindergarten teacher for over 20 years andd she would send out a note at the begining of school explaining the laws to parents and she never had a complaint.

I've seen a kid in her class having problems at home and asked everyone to pray for her mother, and the whole class of six year olds came together and prayed for the little girls mother. Still brings tears to my eyes, and I only experienced that one time. But it was not a rare occasion. They have even done so with school administrators in the classroom.

Interestingly, 80 to 90 percent of the kids in her kindergarten class were reading by the time the year was over, some even at second and third grade levels; and that has been the way her class has been for years and years. She's retired so maybe I should say her class was.

Most of the people that I know in our government are Chirstians. Some more closer to God than others,.... some are/were preachers.

I'm rambling.......

Lol you werent rambling..... It is very cool to hear about that!!! But the state that I reside in is bad enough that my family is looking for a place in Sacromento Texas because of how bad it is. The economy is in the gutter, just about no one want's to work. Instead they would rather sit around, somoke weed and trash the state. (ever heard of occupy Eugene??)

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Spiritually yeah but the whole world is really. Fresno Joe made it clear as far as the physical locality.