• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Thank you, KatyAnn, for stating the obvious....to me at least. The two parties might just as well go ahead and merge into the Republicrats or the Democans. Anyone who thinks there's an ideological divide HAS to be suffering heat stroke. :whistling:

It makes sense if you look at it this way:

There's actually ONE party (let's call it the ruling party) with two branches - the "Rs" and the "Ds". They are in direct opposition to "We The People" - particularly those of us who pay taxes - but the trick is to make us think members of one branch or the other is "on our side" and will "fight for us."

So the reality is the Ruling Party is constantly at war with We The People. They have a pretty unique strategy for waging this war. When they want to take territory from We The People (in the form of growing government or restricting rights), they first send in the "shock troops" (usually the "Ds").

Now sometimes the shock troops over-reach, and it makes "We The People" mad. "We The People" stage a revolt and vow never to support those nasty old Ds ever again. Instead, they vow to support the Rs, instead.

But what "We The People" don't realize is the Rs - who in reality are on the same Ruling Party team as the Ds - don't really plan on ceding any territory back to We The People. They will, instead, solidify the gains that the Ds previously made. And they will attempt to mollify "We The People" with claims that we did all we could do.

And every 20 years or so, the cycle repeats. Nice work, if you can get it.

Blessings!

-Ed

And a liberal republican is still better than a marxist dictator.

Not much of a choice, but a clear one.

Fine,

But a liberal republican is still a liberal.

It is hypocritical of republicans to say they dislike liberals when that is what they are nominating themselves.

I know repubs keep saying they are conservatives...but actions speak louder than words.

The republican party needs to start nominating conservatives or just admit that they are liberals too.

I don't believe for one minute that conservatives nominated Romney, but that is what we ended up with because GOP leadership is too gutless to do what is right, instead going for what they think will be electable in this climate of "free government give-aways" produced by the Democrats going all the way back to LBJ.

I am not a Republican. I'm a follower of Yeshua and my allegiance is to Him first and His people second. Then my immediate family. America comes after Texas.

I am an equal opportunity k'vetcher of any/all political systems.

I'm not endorsing Romney as much as I'm warning you (since mid 2008) that we have the choice between a corrupted version of what we've had since Kennedy was assassinated, and a marxist dictator.

If you really don't know the difference then think of it this way: Would America be better off with Richard Nixon or Joseph Stalin?

That's a no-brainer to me but evidently there are those who think Stalin (and the destruction of the USA that will follow) is acceptable.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

What I read in your post is this. Our system of government is no good. And also it seems that a few people here know more about the constitution than the Cheif Justice of the Surpreme Court.

you are aware that Roberts quoted past decisions to justify the way he voted.... and why he went with the tax thing.

Maybe I'm just reading into things, but these threads are telling me that a number of you don't think that our system of government works, and I may say that I find that rather disturbing considering where it's coming from.

As to how our system of government "works", perhaps the view from inside the Obama White House is instructive:

“We will take it any way we can get it. I mean we argued both ways…we thought that it fell within the commerce clause, the court ruled it was…um, a tax, but we really look at it as a penalty, whatever they want to call it.”

http://www.examiner....y-we-can-get-it

~Valerie Jarrett, Senior WH Advisor to Barack Milhouse Obama

Blessings!

-Ed

and We the People put him there.... that is the system, and you say it's not any good.

Look, this law is law..... it's not a good law but the high court of the land says it complies with the constitution. So lets get over it and start working to fix the real problem........ the real problem is that "We the People" are not electing peo[ple who have our best interest at heart.

Can we actually do anything about that?

If so..... what?

When I start speaking of the people behind this and why it's happening, most of you start in calling me a conspiracy nut, and it makes coming here not worth the effort.

We're only frustrating ourselves by trying to find ways to overturn this health bill.

And for the record just because I don't have a problem with making everyone have insurance doesn't mean I like this bill. There are some things that need to be changed or eliminated whether it's all at once as many of you would want, and several pieces at a time if not, and several things need changes that are not safe for us as individuals..... but, I'm not sure if we overturn the whole thing, the Republicans are together enough to do any kind of a real bill to help everyone.

We've been trying to accomplish this since the days of Dwight Eisenhower.

Also, i'd like to see several of us actually download the bill and read through it and discuss each section to understand what it is and how it could benifit or hurt. I started yesterday, but I'm having to limit myself to an hour a day for we're on a travel.

I haven't done so completely because I really thought the court would overturn the whole thing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

What I read in your post is this. Our system of government is no good. And also it seems that a few people here know more about the constitution than the Cheif Justice of the Surpreme Court.

you are aware that Roberts quoted past decisions to justify the way he voted.... and why he went with the tax thing.

Maybe I'm just reading into things, but these threads are telling me that a number of you don't think that our system of government works, and I may say that I find that rather disturbing considering where it's coming from.

As to how our system of government "works", perhaps the view from inside the Obama White House is instructive:

“We will take it any way we can get it. I mean we argued both ways…we thought that it fell within the commerce clause, the court ruled it was…um, a tax, but we really look at it as a penalty, whatever they want to call it.”

http://www.examiner....y-we-can-get-it

~Valerie Jarrett, Senior WH Advisor to Barack Milhouse Obama

Blessings!

-Ed

and We the People put him there.... that is the system, and you say it's not any good.

That was the system - and yes, I say the system we have in place now is not any good.

Look, this law is law..... it's not a good law but the high court of the land says it complies with the constitution.

Which tells me we're way farther down the road than I thought.

So lets get over it and start working to fix the real problem........ the real problem is that "We the People" are not electing peo[ple who have our best interest at heart.

I've said it before - we're past the point where elections will solve our problems.

Can we actually do anything about that?

Yes.

If so..... what?

Secede.

When I start speaking of the people behind this and why it's happening, most of you start in calling me a conspiracy nut, and it makes coming here not worth the effort.

Oh I believe the politics we see is just at the surface - the real goings on occur on a higher level. It would be "nuts" to believe otherwise.

We're only frustrating ourselves by trying to find ways to overturn this health bill.

There's no way to overturn the health bill.

And for the record just because I don't have a problem with making everyone have insurance doesn't mean I like this bill.

I don't agree. If you want to buy insurance, fine. But my freedom is worth more to me than your health insurance. Sorry.

There are some things that need to be changed or eliminated whether it's all at once as many of you would want, and several pieces at a time if not, and several things need changes that are not safe for us as individuals..... but, I'm not sure if we overturn the whole thing, the Republicans are together enough to do any kind of a real bill to help everyone.

The best thing the republicans could do is propose something based on freedom and individual rights. Which is exactly what they WON'T do

We've been trying to accomplish this since the days of Dwight Eisenhower.

Accomplish what? Wreck the country?

Also, i'd like to see several of us actually download the bill and read through it and discuss each section to understand what it is and how it could benifit or hurt. I started yesterday, but I'm having to limit myself to an hour a day for we're on a travel.

What would be the point? Our masters have determined what's good for us. They don't want our input.

I haven't done so completely because I really thought the court would overturn the whole thing.

Honestly, I don't think the problem is "We the People" as much as it is that "we the people" are not being told the truth.

It's our fault only in that we don't demand serious consequences from those who are lying to us, but most Americans trust what they are told far too much. Probably because we really want to believe it.

I refuse to watch NBC (and their subsidiaries) ever again. They are owned by GE and were the biggest donors to Obama AND the biggest recipients of stimulus. What a coincidence, eh?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Honestly, I don't think the problem is "We the People" as much as it is that "we the people" are not being told the truth.

It's our fault only in that we don't demand serious consequences from those who are lying to us, but most Americans trust what they are told far too much. Probably because we really want to believe it.

I refuse to watch NBC (and their subsidiaries) ever again. They are owned by GE and were the biggest donors to Obama AND the biggest recipients of stimulus. What a coincidence, eh?

Yod, you know that, and I know that, so obviously the information is there to be known.... So I would say that there is no excuse for We the People not knowing. Why doesn't everyone watch Fox News and/or Glenn Beck.... they both are saying the same things as you do, and I see; but they do so in such an offensive manor that most people don't want to listen to them, and very very often what they say has been taken and stretch out of the realm of reality. The law making us chip people is just one small example of that, and there were many more. They even do the same with the NDAA thing aobut putting citizens away forever when the act itself states very plainly that they can not do that to citizens.

The problem with We the People is that no one really cares enough to understand and that's the difference in now and the late 1700's. If We the People don't get their act together, they don't deserve liberty... unfortunitely we will suffer along with them. but I can tell you from about 20 years of personal experience that over reacting, and taking the sky is falling approach will not get thier attention. Slo sober pure truth might.... but who's got the time to do that?