lifeandliberty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

Ministries such as these have forgotten two essential factors regarding salvation and repentance:

1. Grace

2. It's kindness that leads to repentance

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Someone can be Christian and deserve to be arrested. I don't see how it's scary.

But signs that say "God is angry with homosexuals" isn't going to strike up a nice E.E. oppurtunity.

I know a guy who went to a gay day parade and handed out water bottles to the ones marching. When they asked why he was doing that, he simply said "Because God loves you, and I follow God's commands".

I heard another story, a Marilyn Manson concert was coming into a small town that was conservative. Many of the churches banded together to protest and jeer at everyone who went. One church said "let's hand out pizza and soda". So they did. There was something wrong with the sound that night, and Marilyn sang half a song and went off stage and never returned. The fans were obviously angry. When they got to the parking garage, they dreaded paying a fee they didn't have to pay. The church that handed out pizza and soda knew this, so they paid for everyone parking ticket.

Now, out of those two instances, what do you think the most memorable moment was for the ones who experienced grace? There are better ways to deal with things than calling people sinners.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Yeah, so I went to their website...gotta say, they probably deserved to be arrested. Anyone who gets in the face of an officer (like their pictures show) to be arrested.

With that said, I looked at the other parts of the site...if what they said is true, then yes, their rights were violated, big time.

Well SuperJew, I donot see in any of those pictures or there are media on the site anybody getting into the polices face. What I do see is devout Christians standing up for God's Word. Did they deserve to be arrested? Not from what i have seen... Should we expect as Christians to be persecuted for spreading God's word? Yep..(see my signature for that one)

It is dangerous to throw out a judgement against Christian organizations you know nothing about. Careful how you judge other Brothers SJ for that is the standard you shall be judged at.

God Bless,

Dave

Nope, they deserved to get arrested. Another travellar pointed out to me the article in her post...so yes, these people definately earned the right to be arrested.

As for your post:

Well SuperJew, I donot see in any of those pictures or there are media on the site anybody getting into the polices face.

*cough*

What I do see is devout Christians standing up for God's Word. Did they deserve to be arrested? Not from what i have seen... Should we expect as Christians to be persecuted for spreading God's word? Yep..(see my signature for that one)

The problem is, they weren't spreading God's Word. Notice that even Paul silenced a woman who kept yelling that everyone should listen to him preach. The thing is, we can say the truth but if it's not said in the right way then it's wrong. What they did was wrong and violated the law. The sat down and blocked intersections and that's illegal...thus they earned the right to go to jail. Also, they weren't sharing the Gospel, they were telling the homosexuals to "turn or burn". I implore you to give me one biblical example of anyone doing this, anyone protesting these things. Give me one.

It is dangerous to throw out a judgement against Christian organizations you know nothing about. Careful how you judge other Brothers SJ for that is the standard you shall be judged at.

Matthew 7:1-3 is talking about judging a person's spirit and eternal spot, not judging the fruit or actions.

Guest Elijah 1

Mr. Marcavage carries a camera when he can, because of the blatant Gestapo tactics that have been used on him in the past. From preaching at Gay day at the Phillies Game to driving the Aborted fetus truck, this man has been subjected to some of the most violent law enforcement tactics available. This all can be researched!

The point is, how are you going to react when it comes your time? Will you back down, or say Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand? Because IT IS coming SOON to American Christians! As early as 2009, or 2010! Are ye prepared? :)

Elijah 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

I guess if someone's house is burning down we could just be real polite and say..."hi'ya, is it ok if I could talk to ya about gettin out of your house? I don't want to offend ya......I would just like to know if ya wanna get burned up in there or not"

:) :x: :D

or we could say......YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!! YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(NIV)Acts 17:30In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

In his love,

Brian

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I agree with you that these people are spreading hate and discontint and are hurting the cause of Christ much more than helping.

How can anyone expect to get someone that is in the situation of being a Homosexual to respond to anything but love, patients and time.

There will come a time it is said that the people who will kill us will think that they are doing God a favor. We don't need to give the devil any help with this, and their actions are doing just that...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  68

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't assume the worst when you hear that a Christian is arrested for sharing the Gospel. I have never met Fred Phelps but from what I hear, I wouldn't have any dealings with him. Your comment regarding the cameras tells me that you have done little open air preaching. Nowadays, most street preachers across the nation (and I personally know dozens) carry video cameras. Unjust arrests happen often and harrassment is common and video keeps many ministers out of jail and on the street. A Bible, hand held tape recorder and video camera are the standard equipment these days for those who seek to spread the gospel through popen air preaching.

Edited by lifeandliberty

Why do I get the feeling the Christians are playing the victim.....if they were acting like Fred Phelps supporters, they earned their arrest.

I wonder if they said that about John the Babtist. :x:

John the Baptist actually preached the good news though....Fred Phelps preaches nothing but hate. I cannot believe anyone would compare Fred Phelps to John the Baptist...that's just disturbing.

Super Jew, I'm not comparing John the Babtist to the Fred guy. You said "earned their arrest" That's a scary thing to say bro.

In his love,

Brian

Do you even know who Fred Phelps is? Trust me, if these Christians acted like Fred Phelps (which I'm inclined to believe they did)...then they deserved to be arrested before they ruined the witness of God anymore then they probably already did.

Super Jew,

Please don't speak about ruining ones witness as you pass judgement upon us without speaking to us. Why would you be inclined to believe that we acted like Fred Phelps? Please don't speak evil of a brother without seeking out the truth.

Yeah, so I went to their website...gotta say, they probably deserved to be arrested. Anyone who gets in the face of an officer (like their pictures show) to be arrested.

With that said, I looked at the other parts of the site...if what they said is true, then yes, their rights were violated, big time.

Once again you speak poorly of a Christian that you have not met or attempted to seek out. Michael Marcavage is a close friend of mine and he is above reproach. Don't assume that he "got in the face of an officer" by looking a a still shot. You are misguided in your assumption. His phone number is on has site, why don't you call him and find out what he's like before speaking ill of a brother. I'm not trying to be contentious, but statements are being made on this thread that are not based upon truth and those making them seem more inclined to speak ill against brothers than to find out who they really are. This should not be.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

There are some that need compassion, there are some that need hard fast truth. Both the sword and scalpel are sharp.

Jude 21  Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22  And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23  And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

LT