• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/26/1994

I know i have talked to alot of you on chat about some of thes issues i strugle with but i was wondering is there any advice anyone can give me on how to change these addictions? I try not to cut or think about suicide but when something bad happens or when i feel depressed...im on anti depresents for my depression i talk 300mg of Welbutron(probly didnt spell that right)...what i find myself strugling with more and more lately is not eating...i have strugeld with Aneroxia for a while now and i have broken free of it and then gone back to it over and over again but i just cant fine myself to be pretty enough or good enough...I look at other girls and i compare myself to them becosue i dont wear a size 2...Some days i feel beautiful but i still find myself skiping meals...in high school i had my sister who was there to make me eat but now that im going off to college i know im gonna go without eating..and im gonna say its becouse im too busy...any advice on how to break these cycles?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

God doesn't make ugly people somescarsneverheal , in the eyes of Him that formed you, you are very pretty and He loves you a whole bunch.

The only person on earth you should be comparing yourself with, is you. All other people are totally different from you, you are special, there is only one of you, and you are a master piece made by the Artist of the Universe. There is nothing you can not do if you set your mind to it and trust in Jesus. You are just like Jeremiah... what the Lord has planned for you is just not known at this time.

Jer 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;.......

Trust in Jesus, seek help from others that are trained in helping and push forward with your eyes always on God.

In the mean time I will be:

PrayersraisingtoHeavenWebCopy.gif

ICL~~~Dennis

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

You need in person, one on one help from a professional. In the meantime, you will be in my prayers, and I think that's the best anyone on the Internet can do for you.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/23/1986

Hello scars, Oldshep is telling the truth, and nChrist has great advice. I will be praying for you as well,

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I've been in recovery from anorexia for about 8 years. It's a very hard thing to overcome. Are you seeing a therapist or going through any type of therapy to help you? Throw away the scales in your home. You are much more than just a number in God's eyes. He doesn't want you to suffer like this.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with nChrist.... you really should seek the help of a professional...

With that said, I can so relate to how you're feeling emotionally.. I too have made the mistake of comparing myself to others and felt so inadequate for such a long time.. But the main battle here is in your mind.. Although we all are a work in progress what you say to yourself and about yourself is what will come to be.. So little by little start small..everyday tell yourself "I love you".. it may not feel comfortable but in time you will start to feel better on the inside.. and everyday find something about you that you love.. I saw that you write poetry..and you love to sing . How awesome is that.. I have tried to but guess God didn't wire me that way :) but seriously you have been gifted with very unique gifts that this world needs to see.. God made you and you're beautiful.. I know you have a beautiful heart that makes you shine brighter than the sun.. I will be keeping you in my prayers.. and everyday just give God your time.. I believe you are healed in the name of Jesus ... God Bless you and keep you... Much love to you ..

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

You need in person, one on one help from a professional. In the meantime, you will be in my prayers, and I think that's the best anyone on the Internet can do for you.

I am sort of in agreement with nChrist, Anorexia, is not something you can deal with alone, you need professional help, Anorexia is a very dangerous thing, it can take you life. Not to scare you, but one shouldn't mess around with it.

I never cut myself, but as a babe in Christ I deeply scratched myself with my nail to get God's attention.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I have to echo the sentiment about getting professional help, but on the cutting front I did date a self injurer for a while and have had a few friends who dealt with it, so that topic is one I'm somewhat familiar with. That's something where you really have to program yourself to find another method of stress relief. When you feel the cutting/suicidal urge, find something else you can do to take your mind off of it. You'll probably need to experiment a while and find what works for you. Some people like to keep a score card and make a note of each time they feel the urge to cut and resist the urge. Others could find that depressing, though, so like I said you'll need to trial and error your way through it. Whatever you do, though, be sure that as you do it you run to God as well. You could even make it a point to read scriptures that fly in the face of your circumstances, like Psalm 30:5.