Joyce Meyer

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

The more you reach out to others, the more God's going to change you. You don't change yourself by focusing on what’s wrong with you. :)))

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Amen !

and don't be too concerned about how much you change! "You compare yourselves with yourselves and among yourselves and are not wise." 2 Cor 1

If the overall effect of JM is to make you more concerned about that, don't listen to her; just Scripture.

--Inter

No Interplanner... that is not her overall effect... if anything she stresses how important it is to take the focus off of ourselves.

What she is saying here is if i wanted to have more love in my life then it would be better for me to go help others and that love transforms me and helps me to do more of what God is asking me with a better attitude.. if that makes sense..

Her books have been a blessing to me. Awesome Women of God.

Jesus Is Lord.

I have been watching her for yrs.... she so is :))

what is the practical problem she is dealing with? Is it simply that "it is more blessed to give than to recieve?" That's true enough. I think I just heard that validated in a PBS news item of all places!

All the same, I'm just wondering if that's one of her strong points after "years of listening to her." If so, I just have a 40 day suggestion for you. Just disappear from as much contact with anyone as you can, and immerse in Luke, Acts and Romans for 40 days, and see what you are like. I hope you will hurt, wretch, stretch, scream, and shout "against the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight" (--Cockburn).

--Inter

She has alot of strong points... I don't need to validate it .. with you or anyone.. I know what I feel in my Spirit about her. In order to know who she is and where she came from why not give her a listen for yourself.. But then again we all have our own opinion.. I happen to admire where she came from because I can relate in more ways than one.. I have hurt more than you will ever know.. I have screamed to the top of my lungs, cried myself to sleep countless number of times...begging and pleading for the pain to stop... She gives me hope and i love how she explains the word.. We don't know everything 100% nor do we truly know everything there is to know about God.. But I strongly believe in my heart of hearts that she is who she says she is.. I have seen too many t.v preachers that are all about "appearance".. i thank God for the discernment He has given me in knowing the difference..

thank you for your suggestions...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/29/1967

Amen Lisa!!!

I read her book about ... " Strongholds" ... that one is awesome .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I'm not sure where Joyce Meyer sits on the issue of the gospel these days. I know she had been a staunch preacher of the word faith message that Jesus needed to be tortured in hell for three days to complete the atonement proses. The cross is not sufficient in this doctrine, saying, Jesus became born again in hell after suffering torment from Satan and his angels for three days.

I know she says a lot of good things but I think what interplanner is on about is that saying not to pay attention to yourself to better yourself, or change, is still paying attention to yourself. This is were the gospel of psychology enters and before we know it our relationship with the Lord is more sentuallity and subjective based rather than standing on objective truth.

One is solid ground and the other a set up for swaying with any wind of doctrine.

There is some truth in what she preaches, and the rest of the word faith crowd, but there is always real cheese in the rat trap.

Like I said I haven't paid attention for a while and I know many women that like her, but we always need to be careful and study.

I'm not sure where Joyce Meyer sits on the issue of the gospel these days. I know she had been a staunch preacher of the word faith message that Jesus needed to be tortured in hell for three days to complete the atonement proses. The cross is not sufficient in this doctrine, saying, Jesus became born again in hell after suffering torment from Satan and his angels for three days.

I know she says a lot of good things but I think what interplanner is on about is that saying not to pay attention to yourself to better yourself, or change, is still paying attention to yourself. This is were the gospel of psychology enters and before we know it our relationship with the Lord is more sentuallity and subjective based rather than standing on objective truth.

One is solid ground and the other a set up for swaying with any wind of doctrine.

There is some truth in what she preaches, and the rest of the word faith crowd, but there is always real cheese in the rat trap.

Like I said I haven't paid attention for a while and I know many women that like her, but we always need to be careful and study.

I use to watch her for awhile on christian t.v. , is all I know of her.

But, I certainly did not know of her beliefs that Jesus was born again when he went to hell.

Where is that proof of her beliefs?

I though Jesus went into hell to get back the keys to the kingdom from satan.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Far to often, one's speech is taken out of context and twisted by people to say things that they want the words to mean. No person knows the heart of another, but,, for God. Unless that person expressly declares their believes before witnesses, no other person on earth really knows. I do not know this person " Joyce Meyer" however, I do know who does, Jesus, and I trust Jesus enough to know that He will do what is Holy, concerning her and me.

I for one put no hope, in man or women, for I need not travel far to understand the evil which lay in the hearts man, I only need to travel to the first mirror in my home to see a reminder of what man can do. Ones' Hope should only be in Jesus, one only gets Hope through the saving Grace of Jesus, not a person standing on a stage. Placing or raising a person to a position above that to which they are being used by the Lord, is dangerous for both parties involved. For what hope is there in something we already have, a person, who has sinned, just like the rest of the people in the world.

Rom 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Joyce Meyers web page: http://www.joycemeyer.org/

ICL~~~Dennis