Denise37

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, this might all be mixed & jumbled, but hang on tight with me, here.. Ready?

In Genesis 2:9 it says,

"& out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight & good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, & the tree of the knowledge of good & evil."

-so technically, there were 2 important trees:

1. Tree of Life

2. Tree of knowledge of good & evil

Ok, verse 17 (God speaking) says,

"but of the tree of the knowledge of good & evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

*He never mentioned the other tree (yet)*

Then we see how they disobeyed, but then God says in 3:22,

"Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good & evil. And now, lest he put out his hand & take also of the tree of life, & eat, & live forever"--

So, we see how God puts a cherubim & a sword to guard the tree of life.

Ok, here's where u have to hang with me..

If Adam & Eve hadn't ate of the knowledge tree, would God had let them eat of the tree of Life? He never told then they couldn't & is that why we die? Because He told them that they would SURELY die if they did eat of the tree of knowledge..

So technically, there could've been a chance for them to have lived forever..

Do u think that if they would've said "sorry" to God, He would've found compassion & forgiven them?

I'm sorry, I really hope I make sense with all this.. :)

God bless u for reading this & taking ur time to answer, I'm juss SUPER curious!

Ma Lord shall answer ma many questions 1 day, until then, Imma try to figure stuff out! He,he,he :)

God bless! :D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

They did not have a chance to eat from the tree of life. This was setting the trap for Satan. Satan heard the whole discussion and saw it as his way in to become God of this world and took it. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was actually good for food. What it did was open the 'eyes' of their understanding so that they were faced with making moral judgments. The opinion was born.

o·pin·ion/əˈpinyən/

Noun:

A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Today our goal is to rid ourselves of our opinion and base everything on the truth of what God has said. The illusion is that Adam and Eve actually had an opportunity to choose life by eating from that tree but did not. Praise be to God who took his Word and nailed it to a tree so that we could be vindicated of the charges of disobeying that word. His ways truly are past finding out.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

There was no such thing as death until they ate of the tree.

We were intended to live forever.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Thank u guys, for taking ur time in reading & answering..

Everybody's point of view counts.. :)

The Word of the Lord is amazing & so are His works.. I keep finding lil things every time I reread things, so ma curiosity gets the best of me!

Thank u again, & God bless u for ur kindness! :D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

After he drove the man out, he placed on the east sidee of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
Gen 3:24

It appears God did have the tree of life in mind when we read the above verse, the end of the account of the fall...so, yes, it does seem

they may have gone on living if they had eaten from it, otherwise why would God have placed cherubim and a flaming sword to guard

the way to the tree?

Interesting topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

In GENESIS IN SPACE AND TIME Dr. Schaeffer reports that Spurgeon, Machen, etc., all said that the knowledge of good and evil was the role of determining good and evil. Not just 'knowing about' it through experience, which would be a redundant thing to say. The whole disturbance of humanity by Adam and Eve is pretending they could take this role, instead of defering to God. (Satan already had pretended, and was already busy with his lies about the consequences).

I think they may have been allowed access to the other tree, that this is passage's way of saying there was no death at work in the realm of humanity yet (animals had to eat animals for food). After sinning, they no longer have access to it, as that is protected by the same figure that was later built over the ark of the covenant by the craftsmen of the tabernacle, reminding them that access to fellowship was protected. The roots of carefully following the Law were started here.

--Inter

I think Gen 6 gives the idea that animals did not eat other animals and man did not eat meat before the flood.

Gen 6

19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

21 And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

he took 2 animals if animals were eating animal before the flood by the time the waters were

gone there would be no animals left to replenish the earth. he took 7 pair clean animals.

Gen 9 after the flood

1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not ea

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

There was no such thing as death until they ate of the tree.

We were intended to live forever.

No where does Genesis say we were to live forever. another thought is God put both trees in the garden it may have been that some time in the future of Adam and Eve he planned to have them eat of the second tree ( tree of life ) then they would be able live forever.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

That tree......... Hebrew for Knowledge of calamity. Did not impart knowledge of good. Adam and Eve already knew Good. They did not know what calamity was. The concept of bad things can happen just was not a concept to them. The scripture says the tree of life was in the garden, but God never mentioned that tree to them, at least in scriptures.

Without that knowledge, Satan had no place anyway. Imparting thoughts of dying sick would not have made sense to them at the time.

Jesus Is Lord.

ets: tree

daath: knowledge

towb: good

ra: evil

Definitely the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Ok, this might all be mixed & jumbled, but hang on tight with me, here.. Ready?

In Genesis 2:9 it says,

"& out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight & good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, & the tree of the knowledge of good & evil."

-so technically, there were 2 important trees:

1. Tree of Life

2. Tree of knowledge of good & evil

Ok, verse 17 (God speaking) says,

"but of the tree of the knowledge of good & evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

*He never mentioned the other tree (yet)*

Then we see how they disobeyed, but then God says in 3:22,

"Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good & evil. And now, lest he put out his hand & take also of the tree of life, & eat, & live forever"--

So, we see how God puts a cherubim & a sword to guard the tree of life.

Ok, here's where u have to hang with me..

If Adam & Eve hadn't ate of the knowledge tree, would God had let them eat of the tree of Life? He never told then they couldn't & is that why we die? Because He told them that they would SURELY die if they did eat of the tree of knowledge..

So technically, there could've been a chance for them to have lived forever..

Do u think that if they would've said "sorry" to God, He would've found compassion & forgiven them?

I'm sorry, I really hope I make sense with all this.. :)

God bless u for reading this & taking ur time to answer, I'm juss SUPER curious!

Ma Lord shall answer ma many questions 1 day, until then, Imma try to figure stuff out! He,he,he :)

God bless! :D

r

The believer still has to make a choice today to think according to the knowledge of "good anf evil" or with a renewed mind by the Holy Spirit washing of the water of the word. It is "good" to fight and kill in a "just" war and bad not to. iI is "good" to swear an oath to a government institution and evil to refuse to. It is good to borrow money for needs and bad not to. It is good to trust the arm of the flesh and bad (foolish) not to. It is good to insure life and property and bad not to.

The above are all examples of thinking by the fruit of the wrong tree just as unregenerates do. But believers do this:

Romans 12:1-2

New King James Version (NKJV)

Living Sacrifices to God

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.