rjp34652

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Has innocence been lost or is it that we have taken God out of our daily lives? Going back to the early movies when it was cowboys and Indians and Wyatt Earp, Al Capone, Dillinger etc. was there the knowledge that it was wrong to do the innocent murder. Yet who did not have a gun or a weapon of any sort in the home. Children played with guns and killed the one chosen to be the enemy. Did they go out and kill? No we did not. Did we say the Lord's prayer in the church (because we went to church with our parents who taught us right from wrong), learn the 10 commandments and know it was wrong to steal, murder, lie, honour our parents, and fear God?

What changed was the liberal attitudes and the removal of Lord's prayer and 10 commandments and the reading of the Bible and prayer in school leading to the slacking off of having anything to do with those even at home - they were no longer important to the daily lives of men.

God became irrelevant because He was dead and that meant a free-for-all. Sadly, men who thought they were being considerate of others "feelings" concerning religious matters have brought us to this point in time. Yes it is also the man's responsibility regarding his own response but if you remove guns you will have knives if you remove knives you have the stones - is that not what they use in the Middle East to a great success? Remove God and you give the enemy free range and this is what we have done.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Since the death of common sense, nothing surprises me.

Let's all just sit at home all day when we're not working. After all, someone might kill us if we go outside.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I didnt say they didnt have an impact or influence our decisions-I agree that we are desensilized to violence and sex, but in the end we cant blame situations like what happened in colorado-on violent movies, any more then we can blame them on the gun. It is still the persons choice, their responsibility.

Actually, I wasn't blaming movies for what the gunman did. My thought process began when I heard that a 6-year old girl was killed in the theater . . . what in the world is a 6-year old girl doing in a movie like that???! I remember barely being able to handle the intensity of The Black Hole when I was about 8 years old. What has changed in our society that we expose 6-year-olds to such fantasy carnage?

Innocence is lost. :(

And there you have it! Innocence has been lost.

And we have become immune to violence, sex, drugs, same sex whatever, etc.

I was watching a program the other night called American Pickers. Some of you probably know it. But it is about two dudes who travel the heartland of the USA picking stuff from barns etc for resale. They find some amazing old stuff and it is very interesting.

The other day they picked a couple of penny peep show boxes, that were apparently all the rage in bars back in the day. What they showed was far less suggestive than the average fashion mag advert today.

I shudder to think what will be on our screens in the next 20 years.

That is just one small reason why Jesus, and His never changing foundation is so important.

Real live Gladiators......

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

To a point, yes media has gotten worse. Yes, I played guns as a kid. I think we all did, but lets look at it, lets look at our favorite movie-star wars. Yes people got shot, and killed and diced, but usually they just fell over when shot or even just went poof and disapeared. . .so in a kids imagination that turns into a big dart game lol. Now, we got blood spraying everywhere, their guts hanging out all over the place, etc. etc etc. And now thats "cool" My dad even remembers a time when they took roadrunner off the TV cuz it was to violent. . .now look where were at. Now, again I dont think media is to blame for violence-but It does desensitize us.

Another point, just read a study not to long back, soldiers who played a lot of violent, first person shooters, adapted to the battlefield better on average then those who didn't. Now, think that one through for a few. . .