Why does Hell have to be eternal?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

are you saying that an unborn babe will go to hell .....and also a very young child......thats hard to swallow

But Hell cannot be both WITHIN time and OUTSIDE of time. Therefore, Hell is a logical impossibility. QED ;)

With Unrepentant Sin It's Hell Out There

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:15

So It Seems Logical To Me

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

To Cleave To Jesus

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

QED :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Hell is eternal because all sin is directed against an eternal God - thus deserving an eternal punishment. It's very simple actually.

Actually, God's eternity does not refer to Him lasting forever. According to basically all theologians, starting with Augustine, God is eternal in the sense that He resides outside of time. This is obvious, God created time and cannot have temporal extension, otherwise one of His characteristics would refer to something He created, which is logically absurd.

So, if your inference is correct (penalty has the same temporal characteristics of the offended party), then Hell is outside of time, too.

Fire is a chemical process that releases energy in the form of photons and heat (BTW, hell cannot be dark if there is fire). The burning skin excites nervous cells which transmit this information to the brain; the brain processes this information and releases the sensation of intense pain. This pain also causes the uncontrollable activation of facial muscles which causes the teeth pressing on each other. This causes the generation of progressive sound waves which are interpreted as the sound of "gnashing teeth", etc. etc.

It is obvious that all these physical and cognitive processes, which allegedly happen in Hell, require a time context in order to make sense.

But Hell cannot be both WITHIN time and OUTSIDE of time. Therefore, Hell is a logical impossibility. QED ;)

Ciao

- viole

No inference has been made, by the Bible or otherwise, that hell is outside of time. You are reaching, viole, but the bottom line is this: You cannot spin your way around hell and punishment. I hope you make the right decision.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Actually, God's eternity does not refer to Him lasting forever.

"Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God." (Psalm 90:1-4)

"Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting." (Psalm 93:2)

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding" (Isaiah 40:28)

"But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation." (Jeremiah 10:10)

"But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:" (Romans 16:26)

It is obvious that all these physical and cognitive processes, which allegedly happen in Hell, require a time context in order to make sense.

But Hell cannot be both WITHIN time and OUTSIDE of time. Therefore, Hell is a logical impossibility. QED

I find it odd that you think a God who created the entire universe just by speaking it into existence, can't do something you feel is illogical.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Matthew 25:46 says it all:

“And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.”

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Actually, God's eternity does not refer to Him lasting forever.

"Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God." (Psalm 90:1-4)

"Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting." (Psalm 93:2)

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding" (Isaiah 40:28)

"But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation." (Jeremiah 10:10)

"But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:" (Romans 16:26)

But Hell cannot be both WITHIN time and OUTSIDE of time. Therefore, Hell is a logical impossibility. QED

I find it odd that you think a God who created the entire universe just by speaking it into existence, can't do something you feel is illogical.

I find it odd also......but not unexpected. The atheist worships himself and his self-proclaimed 'logic'.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

Wish viole was saved, she comes up with some really strange things. She is intelligent, but it's starting to actually become sad.

Mike.

Yes, you wish. Everybody wants me in their team, lol, kidding :)

Thanks for the intelligent part, but I am intrigued by the "sad" commment. What is so sad, exactly? That I will spend all eternity in the lake of fire? I would not be so concerned ;)

Ciao

- viole

Viole from now on I'm putting my fingers in my ears and saying lalalalalalala!! to everything you say lol

Wish viole was saved, she comes up with some really strange things. She is intelligent, but it's starting to actually become sad.

Mike.

Yes, you wish. Everybody wants me in their team, lol, kidding :)

Thanks for the intelligent part, but I am intrigued by the "sad" commment. What is so sad, exactly? That I will spend all eternity in the lake of fire? I would not be so concerned ;)

Ciao

- viole

Viole from now on I'm putting my fingers in my ears and saying lalalalalalala!! to everything you say lol

I doubt that it would work when reading posts, LOL

Ciao

- viole

Well I could do it while reading so I can't concentrate lol

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

What is so sad, exactly? That I will spend all eternity in the lake of fire?

Yes, Viole. That thought is extremely sad for us.

Would it be just for a God of love to send one of His human creations to a lake of eternal fire after going through mortal suffering on Earth? To burn and torture one of His creations? A creation who had no choice but to appear on Earth due to the gift of life given by Him? Why give this precious gift of life on a planet in which He very well knows is owned by the dark side? You were created to His image and the plan was to create an eternal paradise on Earth until the fall of one of "His" angels ruined that plan. Why "you" humans should suffer eternal fire when you had nothing to do with a plan that went wrong? It's their war not yours, although it seems as though you are the Chess pieces to this battle...

I personally believe that the eternal fire is reserved for a non-human entity.

Stop fearing and judging and start loving...