• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Jesus Christ, the Son of God who was the express image of God in the form of a man....is Lord.

Gary

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I have been used by God in several different gifts to build up the Body of Christ, often depending on the place where I was being used. When I served on a missions board God gave me instant wisdom as to what course we should take. Sometimes He has given me a prophecy to encourage or once to warn people to repent. And He gave me discernment of spirits so as to warn some people that some TV evangelists were not on the up and up. I never saw anything weird. I could just see something in their eyes, mannarisms, their facial expressions that told me all is not genuine. On the other hand I can usually recognize genuine Christians and feel a oneness with them.

When God gave me prophecy, often He would give me a phrase to speak, and as I did so I would envision and discribe the rest of the message. An elderly lady in the church said I was a seer--whatever! Once or twice I have prayed for people to be healed and they were healed.

It is always very scary to go out on a limb and obey in a spiritual gift. You risk embarrassment if it doesn't pan out. That is why it is done according to our faith. And I never really felt that I had a gift. I just stepped out in obedience and God met a need. This all has occurred over a course of 40 years. It is not something that happens every week or every day.

There are those of you who believe that the gifts of the Spirit ended with the apostles. They are a great blessing when used correctly. But nothing is as miraculous as the salvation of a soul. And the gifts pale in importance to Gods' word or the preaching and teaching of God's word. It is too easy to get sidetracked by gifts and angels, for that matter, and stop focusing on Christ and Him crucified.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

(quote) Fez

If I have to type that I serve an awesome God in order for you to discern that I am not an "evil spirit", you do not have a gift of discernment?

Amen ..Fez !

I think God gives discernment to His children. To beware of the Wolf. To be aware of the good and evil...discerning what is good and bad. Light and the dark.

Discernment of : an individual ,(an unclean or an immoral person)...the church... and what is happening in the world today...etc.

But, it is not to be misused ...always looking for the bad ...in a person everywhere you go.

Jesus ministered to the lost ,healed the sick, raised the dead... for what He saw were people that were hurting, and needed God.