• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,376
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It sounds more like a word of knowledge than a prophetic message.

At any point, well done Joseph.

You may be correct. I've always thought of prophecy like in the old testament. When a prophet of the old testament was prophesing, or speaking prophecy. They were speaking word for word what they got from God. It normally included things about the past present and future. Always with the intent to lead God's people back to him. Also, take Christ talking to the samaritian woman at the well. He never spoke of her future, only her present and her past, but she recoginzed him as a Prophet. I've always thought of what Christ did as prophesing to her. (by the way, as I said before I don't think I'm a prophet) Therefore I've always placed what happened through me by the Holy Spirit under the umbrella of prophecy. To be honest, I couldn't explain the differance between word of knowledge, word of wisdom and Prophecy if my life depended on it. If it was word of knowledge and not prophecy, then I apologize to Gary, and to enoob. I honsetly thought it was prophecy, But could be wrong. The only thing I'm sure of, was that it was the Holy Spirit, and that God alone deserves all the glory for bringing one of his children back to himself.

Firestormx

Joseph

:)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

More to the point Dave, we have no way of knowing if you are a prophet yet you have announced that you are a prophet.

I could say the same thing. I could also say that God told me to tell you that you are not a prophet.

See how that works?

This is a forum. I find it less than useful to declare oneself a prophet in a thread about prophecy. Are you not in effect

stating that if you are a prophet then you must be an authority on the subject?

Just wondering................

i have not announced that i am a prophet, that information was revealed when it was asked of me. Are you a prophet? Truthfully, i do not like to reveal such knowledge to this generation, for i already know how this generation will perceive it and will not believe. But when i reveal knowledge that God has told me, and people ask me where did you get that knowledge, i tell them the Truth, that God has told me. When i answer Truthfully, this is when inevitably the topic of me being a prophet, or thinking that i am a prophet comes up.

Of a Truth, i can care less if anyone believes i am a prophet or not, nor am i trying to convince anyone at all that i am one. i merely am responding to questions that are asked of me, which seems to have turned to if there are prophets today or not. i am not called to try to convince anyone that i am a prophet or not, i am called to merely reveal to anyone who will listen, those things which God told me. Not things which i have gained from my own understanding, knowledge, or learning. But those things that He has told me personally,

^i^

Recently a friend of mine mentioned he has had people come up to him to tell him some "new" revelation.

He replied and said, "If it's new it's not true. New revelation? God's revelation is found in the Bible."

Yet Scriptures reveals that in the last days, God will pour out His Spirit on the sons and daughters and they shall prophesize. Was not Daniel told to seal up the revelations that He had heard until the last days, These revelations are revealed to who in the last days? Those who have the gift of prohesy. The Apostle John also was told to seal up information that he received until the last days. So why is it, if anyone at all (with this generation) comes saying they have received from God new revelations, which are not really new, but only are now being revealed to people, automattically dismiss any information if it is not in the Bible? What information is going to be revealed that Daniel sealed up? What information is going to be revealed that the Apostle John sealed up? If this information has already been revealed in the Word, then there would have been no need to seal it up then. This generation does greatly error in thinking there are no new prophesies beingrevealed by God today.

^i^

I do not see where anyone has dismissed anything automatically.

I do have a tendency to dismiss those who proclaim to be a prophet on a forum where there is no background of that person, no record

of past prophecies having come true and no way to ascertain the truth other than another prophet with discernment just saying

no you are not a prophet.

It may just be me, but it appears that the whole exercise would constantly loose validity as one progressed through it

As i said above, i do not care if anyone thinks i am a prophet or not. What is to me if you do or do not believe it? But when people start teaching things like " There are no prophets today! " or saying things like " There is no new knowledge today! " That is when i have to tell them the Truth, There is new knowledge today, God still talks to people today even as He did in the past, He is the same then as He is now. i have new knowledge that God has told me. This is when others ( NOT MYSELF ) will bring up the topic " Oh so you think your a prophet then? " i am what He has made me, should i lie and say otherwise, God forbid.

Here is something to think about though. if satan knows that in the last days God spirit would be poured out on people, and that there will be these prophets in the last days. What would be satan's best tactic to make people doubt these last days prophets? He would raise up hundreds of false prophets, so that when a real one does appear, who would believe that person? Brilliant tactic, it works like a charm.

You will know a false prophet by if what they say will come to pass, does not come to pass, also if they teach anything that is contrary to sound doctrine then they are a false prophet. If then i teach anything that is contrary to the Scriptures, then i am false as well. But what i see more then anything at all, is people saying that i am false because i teach things different then what they personally believe to be the Truth, yet what i teach does not contradict Scriptures, only their belief, their interpretation of the Scriptures.

^i^

A different gospel, or a different doctrine is one that is CONTRARY to sound doctrine. If i teach anything that is contrary to sound doctrine then believe not a word of it. However what i teach does not contradict Scriptures, it contradicts the private interpretations of man and what they believe to be the truth. Of a Truth, i make it known unto to you and have many times on these posts, that what i teach is not according to man, nor from my own understanding, nor was i taught it, but it came throught the revelation of Jesus Christ, as i have plainly said many times, what i teach comes from Him, not me.

4. I would agree a different Gospel or doctrine is that which is contrary to sound Biblical doctrine. See #5. See this underlined seems to me like heresy brother. Has Jesus Christ revealed things to you not found in the Bible?

If i told you the Truth, would you believe it?

Tell me, what have i added to the Word of God?

5. Finally, much of what you have posted has not been approved by the Moderation Team as it has been shown to be contrary to Scripture.

Yet of a Truth and Jesus Christ is my witness, i have not been given even one verse to show that what i teach is contrary to Scriptures.

The 144,000 are they that make it alive through the entire 7 year Tribulation period (they will be children) they will live under the reign of Christ for a thousand years, we as Saints will reign with Christ over the nations of the Earth, comprised of the 144,000.

Scripture tells us that the 144,000 are virgin men, not children. The only mention of the word "children" is found in the following scripture, which just states they are His children, not how old they are.

Revelation 7:4

And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed.

Then the Bible says… They're virgins not defiled by women - so possibly young men but for sure not children.

you say for sure not children. Where is that for sure? Do Scriptures teach for sure they are not children or is that what you believe, that for sure they are not children? Scriptures do not say they are not Children. So then if i say they are children because that is what has been revealed to me by God, this does not contrardict Scirptures, it only contradicts what you believe. But as i said before and many other times, what i teach is not contrary to Scriptures. the 144,000 are indeed children, because that is what God revealed to me. This does NOT contradict Scriptures. Contradicts what you believe maybe, but not Scriptures.

Revelation 14:4-5

These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.

This is just a sample. So you say…

If i teach anything that is contrary to sound doctrine then believe not a word of it.

So… Therefore, I’m inclined not to believe a word of what you are saying is directly from Jesus Christ as you suggest above.

really, again what i have said does not contradict Scriptures, what you believe yes, but not what Scriptures teach

One who claims to hear from God Himself is the one you say "I pray God opens your eyes" Those who know the Truth, will know His voice when they hear it.

^i^

6. Yes this is true. I know God as He is revealed to me through His Word but I do not know you. I believe you are sincere. I believe as well you are sincerely wrong in your handling of Scripture.

God bless,

GE

And if you accuse me of mishandling the Scripture, would it not be a Godly thing to show me which Scriptures i have mishandled? i made a comment that the 144,000 are children, You say that this teaching is contrary to Scriptures, yet it is not contrary to Scriptures. Does the Bible teach the 144,000 are adults? NO it does not teach that, it merely says the 144,000 are virgins, and not defiled with women. Tell me is a child a virgin? yes they are.

Look, i have told you the Truth, which God revealed to me, the 144,000 are children that make it through the 7 year tribulation period, they repopulate the New Earth, for a thousand years, these are they that th Jesus and the saints reign over during the reign of Jesus Christ on Earth for a thousand years. If you don't believe it, then don't believe it, what is that to me. But of a Truth, none of that what i just said contradicts Scriptures. What you believe, sure, but not Scriptures.

Please show me Scriptures that teach the 144,000 sealed of God are adults, if you can do that, then you can show that i teach things contrary to Scriptures, if the Scriptures teach they are adults, then i indeed teach contrary to Scriptures. i know the 144,000 are children, and Scriptures does not say they are otherwise.

^i^

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Rev 14:4 - These are those who did not defile themselves with women, they kept themselves pure..... They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.

Children have not yet achieved adulthood, still in purbity. Yet; These did not defile themselves (adults) with women.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Edited by Montana Marv

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

More to the point Dave, we have no way of knowing if you are a prophet yet you have announced that you are a prophet.

I could say the same thing. I could also say that God told me to tell you that you are not a prophet.

See how that works?

This is a forum. I find it less than useful to declare oneself a prophet in a thread about prophecy. Are you not in effect

stating that if you are a prophet then you must be an authority on the subject?

Just wondering................

i have not announced that i am a prophet, that information was revealed when it was asked of me. Are you a prophet? Truthfully, i do not like to reveal such knowledge to this generation, for i already know how this generation will perceive it and will not believe. But when i reveal knowledge that God has told me, and people ask me where did you get that knowledge, i tell them the Truth, that God has told me. When i answer Truthfully, this is when inevitably the topic of me being a prophet, or thinking that i am a prophet comes up.

Of a Truth, i can care less if anyone believes i am a prophet or not, nor am i trying to convince anyone at all that i am one. i merely am responding to questions that are asked of me, which seems to have turned to if there are prophets today or not. i am not called to try to convince anyone that i am a prophet or not, i am called to merely reveal to anyone who will listen, those things which God told me. Not things which i have gained from my own understanding, knowledge, or learning. But those things that He has told me personally,

^i^

From yr post # 50

i have the gift of prophesy. God has told me what is to come, He has revealed to me the Mysteries of the Bible, opened up my understanding of them. One will know they have the gift of prophesy when God reveals to them what is to come.

^i^

That was your first comment in this thread. No one asked you. Unless I missed it...don't think I did, but if I did, I apologize beforehand...

I am a little concerned with the forgetful prophets and those who cannot remember what they said when witnessing.....irregardless of the outcome.

So, prophet, how about the quote? :noidea: Let's talk about that first, if we need to and then deal with the rest, but

I don't see the point in in going further than this if indeed this is yr first post in this thread

Thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,376
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

warning bells ringing in my heart ... yes I have those warning bell ringing in my heart...

Kind of Christmasy don't ya think :) Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Dave777, it would seem here you did say you were a prophet, and now you say you are not?

"i have family who thinks i am nuts because i claim i have had conversations with God and that i am a prophet of God."

"sevenseas" brings us another post where you said more of the same!

And now here at post you say in part:

Quote Dave777 post #124 "But when people start teaching things like " There are no prophets today! " or saying things like " There is no new knowledge today! " That is when i have to tell them the Truth, There is new knowledge today, God still talks to people today even as He did in the past, He is the same then as He is now. i have new knowledge that God has told me."

Dave777, there are still prophets today , however their is no "new knowledge" revealed to them today as in the past. Everything that is revealed to Prophets of God today, line up with the Word of God. There are things that are deeper as the Body grows in Christ, however, there is ALWAYS WITHOUT EXCEPTION Scripture to follow up with what they have been told.

God's revealing Himself to us is not found beyond the 66 Books that make up the Bible.

True Prophets ALWAYS point to the testimony of Jesus Christ and His Word:

Revelation 1:1-3

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

------------------------------------------

Dave777 you mention " the 144,000 are indeed children, because that is what God revealed to me"

Montana Marv is correct with God's Word stating the 144,000 are not children.

God's mentioning that they are not defiled by women and virgins themselves testifies of this.

Children would have no need for knowlege of this as they are "children."

Revelation 14:3-4

And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

And the previous mention of the 144,000 "children" of Israel simply means their tribal genealogy here:

Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

The One we should all testify of in the context of God's 66 Books in the Bible:

Jesus, The Word, nothing more, nothing less:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Dave777 I also see you believe in "Lost Books" outside of the Bible from your website.

What they bring us outright heresy like the "Book of Mormon" that you mention.

In the sense of being them being Biblically correct I denounce them all wholeheartedly.

The Truth these "Lost books" seem to bring is nothing more the plagiarizing the Bible in places, only to wrap His Truth around their damnable heresy.

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Revelation 22:18-19

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Please Dave777, consider what is being said here by more than a few.

Like enoob57, warning bells ringing about me too! :o

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

A small note about the 144,000 Israelites that have not defiled themselves with women and are virgins. This does not have to be literally true. The women who they have not defiled themselves with can be the host of different 'Christian' churches that preach an idol rather than the true Christ and their virginity can be explained by their spiritual purity even as Paul wished to present us as chaste virgins unto Christ. I mention this because I was reading proverbs as I do each morning and all of the texts concerning the strange woman and the simple who were taken and destroyed by her kept bringing to mind all the false churches that I have been two that preach Jesus is Christ but do not actually follow him but instead believe he is simply their savior alone.

The difficult part for me is how to understand when the literal applies versus the spiritual understanding of a text. Revelation, to me, appears to be wrought with spiritual not literal images.

Anyway, back to the gift of prophecy, which I am still seeking to understand better.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Discernment is an absolute necessity if one wishes to claim that gift, yet, far better to let others acknowledge said gift rather that claim

it and then commence to fail at what you say you have as a gift

Dave777, there are still prophets today , however their is no "new knowledge" revealed to them today as in the past. Everything that is revealed to Prophets of God today, line up with the Word of God. There are things that are deeper as the Body grows in Christ, however, there is ALWAYS WITHOUT EXCEPTION Scripture to follow up with what they have been told.

God's revealing Himself to us is not found beyond the 66 Books that make up the Bible.

True Prophets ALWAYS point to the testimony of Jesus Christ and His Word:

Revelation 1:1-3

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: forthe testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Great points B3L

I would also like to add that an interesting question would be "Well why is that? Why is there nothing new revealed? Why

are not new things revealed?"

I do not know for sure, but I think a good guess would be that less and less attention is being paid to the reality of seducing

spirits who come as teaching spirits and catch some unawares and convince them they are the Holy Spirit when in fact

they are evil.

Jesus warned of this phenomena and we see it already at work in the NT.

As these severe warnings are not paid the attention they deserve, more and more are following after signs and wonders

and doctrines of demons and refuse to heed the warnings ALREADY in scripture, let alone the oddballs who keep insisting

that there are NO NEW revelations.

So what is actually happening? There are literally thousands of new revelations which is, my thought on why we are

told not to add to the words of scripture. We are told NOT to add because most people are not on guard against

the deception that is allowing these so called revelations to have circulation. Therefore, we know that our words,

if we speak for the Lord, must line up with scripture.

Conclusion: I can guarantee you that the devil will so turn your head around if you are seduced, that those who speak

the truth will sound like the ones that are without the Holy Spirit. That, is deception and it is happening in many places,

in many ways and as close to home as those who accept what they do not understand as sound.