TrackerJack

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

This is exactly the mentality of those on Social Security and Medicare.

Horsefeathers!

You entirely missed the point. EVERYONE who receives a check from the government or any form of benefit, will have a choice in the future. Continue receiving the check by taking the Mark of the Beast, or lose the benefit and possibly risk starvation.

No, I entirely told you how it is.

Most people will rationalize the decision and take the mark. They won't be able to conceive of a life without that handout from the government.

i don't understand why you don't know the difference between welfare and earned retirement benefits.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

(At the risk of derailing the thread, because someone is hung up on the definition of a word)

Are YOU certain you understand what Social Security is?

It's a Ponzi scheme that requires an ever expanding workforce as its base, which will eventually collapse under its own weight. Every politician that has sold us this bill of goods, or even attempts to con us into believing its a good thing should be imprisoned. This Ponzi scheme was marketed to the Supreme Court as an "Insurance Program" in order to get it passed.

Yes you're correct that its not welfare, but something you pay for via taxes.

Now. that we've cleared that up.

A retiree would feel entitled to that Social Security check (and rightfully so, they earned it). But would that retiree walk away from that check if the Antichrist was handing it to them? I think NOT. And the attitude you're displaying confirms my suspicions.

Edited by TrackerJack

(At the risk of derailing the thread, because someone is hung up on the definition of a word)

Are YOU certain you understand what Social Security is?

It's a Ponzi scheme that requires an ever expanding workforce as its base, which will eventually collapse under its own weight. Every politician that has sold us this bill of goods, or even attempts to con us into believing its a good thing should be imprisoned. This Ponzi scheme was marketed to the Supreme Court as an "Insurance Program" in order to get it passed.

Yes you're correct that its not welfare, but something you pay for via taxes.

Now. that we've cleared that up.

A retiree would feel entitled to that Social Security check (and rightfully so, they earned it). But would that retiree walk away from that check if the Antichrist was handing it to them? I think NOT. And the attitude you're displaying confirms my suspicions.

Whatever......I don't agree with your starements.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

who's worshiping it???

When you are able to work, but choose not to, then you are worshiping the government. A great many people who are on food stamps and welfare are perfectly able to work, they simply choose not to, because they are not required to. If the requirements were much more stringent for both, people would drop off of the rolls in droves.

Sir are you related to Mitt?

As a retired engineer, who was forced out of the work force because of the economy and who is presently living on and helping others on what God has provided me with, I find your lumping all statement lacking Grace. But for the Grace of God go I...While some people on welfare are able to work, in this neck of the woods many live only because of those food stamps because there are no jobs to be had. It is very, very, sad to see a hard working man lose that job his family needed and now has to collect bottles and cans to help buy gas so he can go to interviews that lead no where..

.....Compassion has not died, but, few know of it's name. One such group of people recall it's name is known as the Root Cellar in my neck of the Woods. They were nominated by World Magazine. for a possible award of 25K because of their outstanding outreach and community service here in the Portland area. Rooted in Christ, helping all they can with what they have.

ICL~~~Dennis

who's worshiping it???

When you are able to work, but choose not to, then you are worshiping the government. A great many people who are on food stamps and welfare are perfectly able to work, they simply choose not to, because they are not required to. If the requirements were much more stringent for both, people would drop off of the rolls in droves.

Sir are you related to Mitt?

As a retired engineer, who was forced out of the work force because of the economy and who is presently living on and helping others on what God has provided me with, I find your lumping all statement lacking Grace. But for the Grace of God go I...While some people on welfare are able to work, in this neck of the woods many live only because of those food stamps because there are no jobs to be had. It is very, very, sad to see a hard working man lose that job his family needed and now has to collect bottles and cans to help buy gas so he can go to interviews that lead no where..

.....Compassion has not died, but, few know of it's name. One such group of people recall it's name is known as the Root Cellar in my neck of the Woods. They were nominated by World Magazine. for a possible award of 25K because of their outstanding outreach and community service here in the Portland area. Rooted in Christ, helping all they can with what they have.

ICL~~~Dennis

Well said, Dennis. :mgbowtie:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

About the lack of USDA supplies being delivered....there may be logical reasons but I am a bit suspicious. What if the government is cutting back on food bank assistance in order to force more people onto food stamps? they are actually advertising for people to sign up, I have heard the ads on my local radio stations. If you can't get some help from the food bank you might be more likely to apply for food stamps if you are having trouble getting enough food as well as paying your house/rent and lights.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

About the lack of USDA supplies being delivered....there may be logical reasons but I am a bit suspicious. What if the government is cutting back on food bank assistance in order to force more people onto food stamps? they are actually advertising for people to sign up, I have heard the ads on my local radio stations. If you can't get some help from the food bank you might be more likely to apply for food stamps if you are having trouble getting enough food as well as paying your house/rent and lights.

Those on food stamps are the ones using the food banks. There are also those who are close to the line that seek services, but most who use the services are already receiving food stamps.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Um. . . I think you need to put your claws back in there Sport. I said "a great many people." If you have earnestly sought after a job and there are none to be found where you are, then you would not be included in that statement. Thou doest protest too much.

No claws, I did not take this as an attack on me, for it is only by God's Grace that I'm still here on this earth... Thousands of people are loved by God, yet, still struggle to feed their families. Do we sit back and bad mouth those neighbours that we have never met? Who is your neighbour?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Those on food stamps are the ones using the food banks. There are also those who are close to the line that seek services, but most who use the services are already receiving food stamps.

One Light, I did realize that quite a few folk are likely trying for all options to feed their family, but I assume that some need that extra help from a food bank that would keep them from having to apply for public assistance of food stamps. Losing that food bank support could push them into applying. My understanding is that there are quotas and rewards for signing up new people (which I think is just wrong).

I have some experience of that since years ago my own family with 3 preschool age children were just barely getting by. We were eligible for food stamps for several years with low paying jobs that just wasn't quite enough to get by. We never applied for the food stamps because people gave us fresh veggies from their garden, blessed us with food from the church food pantry and otherwise assisted us for about two years while we got on our feet. I definitely would have applied for food stamps if need be to feed my children but, thanks to a helping hand from neighbors with a garden and our local church, we never had to.

But I get your point that likely the food banks are mostly used by people already on food stamps.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

It is a Ponzi scheme for the government. It is not a Ponzi scheme when people are getting the money back. The money I have paid into SS does not belong to the government, even though they are holding it. It belongs to me. I worked for every penny of it. And if and when I retire, they are not giving me something for nothing, they are simply giving me back what they held out of my check without my approval or authorization. Your claims about SS are false, unless you are talking specifically about something such as SSI.

So... It's not a Ponzi scheme unless you're the last one holding the bag? Interesting logic.

If the money in the "trust fund" is mine, why can't I withdrawal ALL of it when I turn 65? Yes, I've earned it, but it's in the Government's bank account. They can make all sorts of ridiculous requirements before handing you that check. You must be 65. You must own a baby kangaroo (mine is blue), and you MUST RECEIVE THIS MARK before you're eligible for payment.

Don't you see that you're subject to the dictates of the government? Even if the money is yours.

If you're depending upon that social security payment to survive, are you going to reject it when the social security program is "wrapped" into the Antichrist's economic program.