IGNORED

GOP senate candidate suggests rape pregnancies are a gift from God

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Republicans here in Indiana accept his explanation of what he meant. I just saw the first Democratic smear ad on it. It won't change anyone's mind at this point.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Request edit of topic title since I ended up making it too long. Thanks in advance,.

Steve, if you edit your first post and then use the full editor, you should be able to edit the topic tltle.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

(quote) from the article

I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God,” he said. “And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”

My opinion ...he was speaking that ..."life is that gift from God <> something that God intended to happen <> meaning, LIFE ..(God ,intended it to happen)... by Him.

Not rape.

I took it this way also.

I have a cousin that was raped and left on the side of the road for dead, she didn't die.

By the grace of God, that night the local Sheriff went home the long way and noticed her body in the ditch where she was tossed by the monster that took her innocence.

The horror of the crime hit the family in a way that no one could ever imagine. Not only was a beautiful young teen child raped beaten and left for dead, but days later after she regain consciousness, we found out her assailant was her sisters new husband. Then a couple of months later we found out she was with child. She gave birth to her son and loved him with all her heart, it mattered not where the seed of birth came from, for he was seen as a gift from God. She was.... after a time, able to forgive the person that took her by force, took her gift of being pure from her would be husband. Yet, the child was hers and her love for him helped her to forgive the man that raped her.

The man, did go to jail and because of what and how he did his crime he was given Life in Prison. I'm not sure...but I think, i recall my cousin telling me he found God....that was many, many years ago.

A man's words are easy to take out of context and twist around, maybe that is why my grandmother use to tell me to "engage brain before operating mouth".

Do you think men are not raped also... that's a reality that we also have to deal with and it's not really fair for you to say that we wouldn't understand the violation also.

From what I have understood from people I personally know none of us can really understand until it happens to us....... and it happens to males also...... ask your local priest.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Imagine talking to a child who is a product of rape.

Does Psalm 139 apply to him/her or not?

Is his/her life a gift of God, or not?

What do you say to this child?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

LadyC is the only person I can relate to in this thread. But then, she's a woman and like me she can better understand what rape would be like and how you could feel afterward.

I can't speak for every woman, but I have spoken with enough to know that they are tired of men acting as if they know what they are talking about when it comes to rape.

With all due respect, KatyAnn . . .

Yes, I am a man, therefore I cannot know what it is like to conceive a child as a result of rape. And I would never, ever attempt to minimize the emotions a woman would experience in that situation. If someone I loved or cared about was violently attacked in that way, I would silently grieve with her - as I grieve with anyone who's gone through a tragedy or a loss.

That said - as a man, I DO have a say when it comes to watching my country be destroyed - and I WILL comment about the thieves and the malcontents on the Left and in the democrat party who are destroying it.

Now - I don't live in Indiana so the entirety of what I know about this story is what has been reported in the national media. And I trust the news media about as far as I could throw an elephant.

But I would ask a couple of questions, and then make an observation:

First question - why was the candidate asked THIS question? Is there pending legislation? (I suspect no, since with a 16 trillion dollar debt I would hope the Senate has bigger fish to fry.)

No, I suspect the candidate was asked THIS question because it's a GOTCHA question. Whoever asked the question has an agenda. And the agenda is to fire another volley in the democrat so-called "war on women" mantra.

I urge everyone - and the ladies in particular - to try to see what the Left is doing. Obama and the democrats have nothing - repeat, NOTHING. So the only way they can prevail is by appealing to emotions, dividing, playing class warfare, and subterfuge.

Please - don't fall for it.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You are loved by God, of course.

But that does not answer the questions. I will repeat:

Politicians, and others, need to be more sensitive to how they speak to women who have been raped. Just because something may be true, does not mean it needs to be said.

A raped woman has enough to deal with without being told her rape was somehow the will of God. Whether that is what was meant or not, that was what some heard.

“I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God,” he said. “And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”

Since he began by speaking about "life" it is reasonable to assume that he meant: "that it [the life conceived] is something that God intended to happen."

I do not hear him saying God meant the rape to happen, but rather that God took what Satan meant for evil and made it for good.

So again, did God knit the child together in its mother's womb, or not?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I do not need to imagine, I HAVE....

Jesus is Real, Heaven is Real...and the breath of Life comes from the Lord. All children are special, new life. YES Psalm 139 applies to all children.

What man does in evil, is turned to good by God............

my grandmother use to tell me to "engage brain before operating mouth".

I guess I had better add something to what my grandmother use to tell me, "engage brain and read all the post before operating mouth"

I'm sorry, I responded to your post Nebula before reading your responses to others here on this site.

Edited by OldShep

Do you think men are not raped also... that's a reality that we also have to deal with and it's not really fair for you to say that we wouldn't understand the violation also.

From what I have understood from people I personally know none of us can really understand until it happens to us....... and it happens to males also...... ask your local priest.

Men can't get pregnant from rape.

That's not necessarily a positive thing. I would have loved to have given birth to kids.....